Chapter 5: Hello System.
109 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After arriving at the base where the experiment will take place, and surprise! it is inside New York City and no, there is no war at the moment, and it is not an official military base. That is because the experiment is only partial lead by the army, since it involves a corporation that has remarkable achievements in virtual reality field.

And here we are, several hours of boring explanation of that experiment will consist, what they have to do and so on. Aria in situations like this in majority of occasions will be daydreaming, and surely will not be able to hear what is all this about. But miraculously despite daydreaming she was able to grasp all the explanations, well cultivators have some perks after all, but she still didn’t know yet.

Since she is utterly bored she decides to summarize all that is spoken so long:

First: All the participants will be injected with Nano-bots, and no, they won’t transform in superheroes, the only aspect of Nano-bots is to monitor the health of the participants and stimulate muscles that will work in tandem with virtual reality in order to make the participants acquire skills and muscle memory.

Second: Virtual reality space where they will train, is from the game that will be released next week, by the name ‘Realm of Legends’, and is the first game that will have a full immersion system by stimulating human brain in the special capsule that will have a full life support, making possible to play the game for years without break.

Third: Participants in experiment will have special capsule that will be able not only to read players brainwaves but also transfer information not only to the sensory part of the brain but directly in regions of the brain responsible for skills. And here we are why this experiment is risky, to put it simply if something goes wrong and this region of brain is damaged the person will have problems performing any action. For example, he wants to make a step forward but steps to the right with his left foot, or he want to say ‘hi’ but says ‘abu’, life will be really difficult in such situation.

Fourth: Why they took orphans for test is simple, the machine already has been tested on animals and approved by the government, problem is, it is still not hundred percent save, so for first test will participate teenagers because they already are of somewhat legal age, and second because they are still in the process of growth and will have a chance to recover if something goes wrong. Not like the Country is able to use soldiers after all it cost money to train them, and if the army is unpleased there sure will be problems, so here comes orphans and volunteers to save the Nation.

Well this is all, how the heck all this was described in hours of explanation it is impossible to imagine.

Well for Aria is nothing new, since she was a child she participated in several experiments and test the most memorable was a certain label of vitamins for children that left her with diarrhea for three days and hospitalization.

And with that the explanations are over. Aria and the others are escorted to have lunch, that is very appealing, to say the least looking at all this expensive food that is screaming ‘this is the last dishes you’ll eat in your life’ Aria become somewhat panicked. But temptation for food prevail over logic and she consumes the portion equivalent with maximum input of five winners of gluttony contest with delight. Nothing new Aria is a glutton from birth and now that she is cultivator she can eat as much as she wants, not to mention that she didn’t eat anything for one week, although she is ignorant about this her body knows better.

After the meal she finds out that the food contains Nano-bots, so the participants can more easy assimilate them, after they enter virtual reality room and starts the project they will activate and will scan users body, that is why there will not be any medical checkups.

Moving to the capsule that will house her for one-month Aria is very calm, after all in her childhood she often get a chance to experience the small black room as punishment for the things that she didn’t even remember anymore. Also every participant will have an AI assistant, and they can even choose an avatar for it. Making sure that she is ready Aria Frost enters the capsule and waits, first capsule is closing afterwards ejects a sleeping gas for better connection on the first activation, actually the sleeping gas has no effect on Aria but after a good meal she feels comfortable, not to mention that compared to her bed this capsule is like heaven so Aria enter the sweet world of dreams.

[beep!]

Her sweet dream is interrupted by an annoying sound.

Opening her eyes Aria is amazed that she is floating in what seems to be vast expanse of white, not to mention that she doesn’t have a body yet.

Except for her there is only one other mass of black smoke floating around her.

Trying to see it clearer she hears a notification from all around her.

[personal assistant nr.000351]

[you may choose an avatar for assisting program]

Afterwards appeared a multitude of different avatars in the white space.

Aria floats from one avatar to other but can’t decide, there are ducks, mini dragons, fairies, goblins, wolfs, squid some kind of plant and others, so many that if she has to stroll them all it will take forever to decide so she shouted.

“I want a kitty.”

Afterward all the avatars disappear and the black mass that is floating around her transform into a lovely black kitty by the looks appearing no more than several months.

[Hello master!]

Exclaims the kitty with the voice of a little girl.

“Hello kitty.” Aria is rather amused by this small cat.

4