ch 24, I think I will choose this class
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I don't even know what to say about this chapter. Things are pretty straightforward here

What do classes even do?”

They act like titles, only their power over you is much greater”

Can you elaborate?”

As you wish. Titles affect your lifeforce in ways that would make it easier for the System to understand and work with you”

Yes”

Classes, on the other hand, affect your lifeforce in a more overbearing way. They “shape” the way your lifeforce is on a larger scale to accommodate what you will become under the influence of the class. Look at any classes’ description”

Apprentice Mage (All attributes) (Legendary rarity):

Description: A mage that can wield the power of all magic attributes. The lowest rank of a mage.

Apprentice Mage (All attributes) (Legendary rarity):

Description: A mage that can wield the power of all magic attributes. The lowest rank of a mage.

As you can see, even in this very much basic class they define its user as something. In this particular case, a mage that can do things, so it isn’t very overbearing. Look at a rarer class”

Renegade Seeker(Mythological- rarity):

Description: A mage that forsook their humanity in an attempt to reach the truth. Very powerful and versatile but is prone to stronger mental issues and disorders than most other mages. Impossible to change once chosen, impossible to upgrade once chosen.

This one is a very exceptional case of a class affecting its user. It’s a magic class that really doesn’t care about at what level you get it, you can get it at level 10 or level 1000, it won’t matter. What it turns its user is, as described, “a mage that forsook their humanity in an attempt to reach the truth” and very particular types of characters choose to get them. If you choose it, it will basically slowly turn you into Herbert West from that movie series”

You mean that short story? Wait, that’s not the point. So, basically classes control you is what you are trying to say? Why would people choose to get classes then?”

They don’t control you per se… They just affect you. Most of the time, they suit your personality too, so a class won’t make you into what you never wanted to be”

Arcane Collector - Beginner(Mythological- rarity):

Description: A mage that greedily collects all magic knowledge and abilities that can be found. Belongs to the most versatile branch of magic classes.

See? Even this class would make you want to “collect” magic but it won’t turn you into an obsessive hoarder if you don’t want to be one”

You just said that Renegate Seeker would turn me into a mad scientist”

And it speaks much of your character

Shut it. So they affect me but don’t control me?

Yes

But why would I need a class anyway? I don’t even want to be affected by one

Cause it will provide you with a lot of support. The System uses it in order to shape your lifeforce not because it wants you to be its slave, it’s just if you get this class, it will get the idea of how to develop you llifeforce further and, naturally, it will take you further in terms of power and level. Much further. For example, take a look at Magus Apprentice here

Magus apprentice(Mythological- rarity):

Description: A class that is the opening of, arguably, one of the most versatile and powerful trees of magic classes. Despite its significance in the long term, it brings next to no tangible benefits in itself within a short term and only shows its worth during, at shortest, the next class change.

Analysis: A class that only sets up the framework for the coming classes, it brings no benefits in and of itself and leaves the user relying on their own personal abilities until the next class change. Doesn’t affect the levelling speed in any way until 10 levels before next class up, creating a bottleneck at that point. The lowest rank of its type.

It basically says it won’t affect you until level 90 and let you develop on your own and then will place a bottleneck at that level. Why do you think it’s like this?

I guess it… Well, it literally says that it sets up the framework for the coming classes. I guess this process is needed for this reason

You got it

Do you mean that a class allows me to get access to a method of development of my lifeforce while the way I have been levelling up now is just dumping the lifeforce randomly and this way wouldn’t get me far?

Yes. And, usually the rarer a class the more intricate the way of building up the lifeforce is. There are notable exceptions, of course, but you don’t have to worry about them

There’s one class that interests me the most… Can you tell me about it?

Spirit Lord – I stage(Mythological rarity):

Description: A being that surpasses its own species’ limitations and wishes to ascend to a higher stage of existence.

Analysis: The hardest to level magic class in its level range that comes with the most unpredictable consequences. Levelling the classes of this tree is ridiculously hard. Little can be predicted about what this class will signify for the user but only exceptional beings can have the chance to try walking this road.

This one is something even I am not sure whether you should or shouldn’t choose. I have seen its framework and it is at a level of intricacy and refinement that, not to mention myself, even some beings that I honestly consider superior to myself would not be able to create it even in a million years

And the downside is

The problem is that this class is too complex. It assumes that the class’ users are literally beyond their species’ limitations and, based on that, this class mercilessly shapes their lifeforce in ways an average specimen would not be able to bear. Look at its requirements

Have the title Abnormal or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have the title Slayer of Giants I or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have the title Survivor of Hell or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have a title of the “Miracle” series. Have a strong connection to at least one being at the Eternal-level of existence. Have at least 1 experience of crossing Realms of any kind. Have at least 1 experience of being biologically dead. Have the skill Magic Insight. Have the skill Warped Mind or other skill that belongs to the “powerful will” set. Have the affinities for all 10 attributes.

The System honestly doesn’t care about how the beings under its control develop. It gives requirements for acquisition of classes because they are the bare minimum one must possess so that the System can follow the class’ instructions. Well, there are considerations behind the work needed to be put behind the application of the class too...

Have the title Abnormal or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have the title Slayer of Giants I or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have the title Survivor of Hell or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have the title Survivor of Hell or other equivalent or greater titles in its title set. Have a title of the “Miracle” series.

These titles show that 1) you possess the bare minimum in terms of the ability to advance on this class and 2) they provide the necessary evidence that it is technically possible to even apply this class to you in the first place. Look at these requirements

Have a strong connection to at least one being at the Eternal-level of existence. Have at least 1 experience of crossing Realms of any kind. Have at least 1 experience of being biologically dead.

No ordinary being can fulfil any of these necessary for the class conditions

Dying once, have a strong connection to what is essentially a God and crossing between what is basically Universes? Now that I think about, I am pretty awesome?

Have the skill Magic Insight. Have the skill Warped Mind or other skill that belongs to the “powerful will” set. Have the affinities for all 10 attributes.

A ‘powerful will’, by the System’s standards is the kind of will… Such people can go through Hell and be fine. As for the affinities, do I need to tell you how it’s basically statistically impossible to be born with all the affinities?

It’s a good thing I chose to get them, instead of something like an extreme affinity for just 1 attribute

Having one extreme affinity is just as good, I can promise you. So, are you going to pick a class? Which one are you going to pick?

...Let’s go through them one by one”

Apprentice Mage (All attributes) (Legendary rarity)

This one is out of the question

Apprentice Archanist (Legendary rarity)

Not bad, but there are other classes that can provide this degree of versatility

Magic Seeker – Beginner(Legendary+ rarity)

Maybe. I think there are better classes but I can consider this one. It’s too vague to tell what it does. Well, judging by its name it also offers some level of versatility but since it’s a “seeker” and a beginner, I don’t think it will put too many restrictions on me apart from developing my talent with MP and such things. It will let me “seek” my own way, I feel

Shaman Lord – I stage(Legendary+ rarity)

No. Out of the question

Spiritualist Apprentice(Legendary+ rarity)

I have no idea what spirits are but I prefer working with my own power instead of relying on instructing other beings of any kind

Renegade Seeker(Mythological- rarity)

I’m good without it, to be honest. Besides, I can always get it later

Magus apprentice(Mythological- rarity)

I like how it won’t slow me down until level 90 as I need thems attribute points for the ritual. It also seems to let me have quite a bit of freedom and will let me enjoy quite a bit of power…

Arcane Collector - Beginner(Mythological- rarity)

This one seems very interesting. It may give me things like perfect memory so that I can keep the knowledge better or other abilities so that I can “collect” more and better things. It will give me lots and lots of flexibility and power and control over magic too, I suppose. I mean, I will need to master magic knowledge more and without control over magic, it would be impossible

Spirit Lord – I stage(Mythological rarity)

This one! Argh, I want it so badly… But it will turn my ability to level up ineffective. But it can lead me to become something better than a measly human! But it’s super extreme! Argh! The agony!

So, the classes you are choosing in between are: Magic Seeker, Magus Apprentice, Arcane Collector and Spirit Lord?

Ralph! You said that I can’t get Spirit Lord after level 200, right? Does it mean I can get it at level 200?

Yes

Phew… I guess Spirit Lord is out of the race then. For now at least. My problem with VIT will likely hinder me, won’t it?”

It could, but it is a minor inconvenience on the path to become an existence of a higher stage of being?

I know! I know it so well… Be honest, Ralph. If I choose to change to this class at level 200, how much harder will things become for me?

Depends on how fast you get there. If you level up to that level in a year, which, truth be told, is impossible for you then you’ll have enough time not to care about such trivial things like the incompatibility of classes. If you level up too slowly and will have only some 20 years to live left… You will have to give up

“…………………………………………………………………….OKAY! I’ll take that bet! Spirit Lord will have to wait for me. Not for long! NOT FOR LONG!

So, now you get to choose between: Magic Seeker, Magus Apprentice, Arcane Collector

Which do you think is best?

Arcane Collector

But it’s levelling speed is slow, right?

Slower than the others

But I will be able to level up faster if I kill more things

Not with this class. You’ll have to acquire knowledge and magic powers for yourself as well as kill things to progress. But if you study the things you kill thoroughly then you might just level up with no problem. I’ll choose to believe your academic potential

If I choose this class, how many levels will I get if I make a good clear of the dungeon?”

8 levels”

So little?”

Yeah”

Can you lead me to other dungeons and monsters and places where I can level up?”

If you want. Don’t regret it afterwards”

Then the choice is obvious”

[Class selected!]

[Your first class has been updated! Your new class: Arcane Collector!]

[Class benefits:]

[

1) Class-exclusive Passive Skill: Arcane Collector (legendary+, lvl 1)

Improves the user’s state of mind when dealing with things of magical nature. No further information can be accessed at the user’s level!

2) Class-exclusive Active Skill: Collector’s Insight (legendary+, lvl 1)

Assists the user with understanding a particular piece of magical knowledge. Assists the user in finding new magical knowledge.

3) Acquisition and levelling of the skills related to magic regeneration, magic resistances, magic control or understanding of magic become significantly easier!

4) For every new class level, INT increases by 1 without spending of attribute points!

]

[Accept the class benefits now?]

[Yes] [Later]

You should-”

[Class benefits accepted!]

go to the cave first, is what I wanted to say, but you didn’t listen to the end”

[The user will be put out of the conscious state during the acquisition of the class benefits]

*Poomf*

2