Chapter 3 – Alexander vs Marines
12.6k 23 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the fuck!”

 

He had to try very hard to keep the dishes from falling to the floor.

 

“This should have been the shell of a cannon hitting really close to the ship!”

He was no expert on cannons but given the circumstances, what else could it be?

 

“But they only fired once.”

 

Taking note of this Alexander understood that it should have been a warning shot to make the people on board surrender without fighting, after all it is hard to plunder a sinking ship.

 

Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself.

 

This is the West Blue, there shouldn’t be anyone who could fight a Logia Devil Fruit user like himself, and he had even a strong one too.

 

Thinking that on the [Ship Management] page in his logbook, [Durability: Indestructible] was written, he calmed a bit, but he didn’t really want to test that here.

 

“I have no choice; I better not take this lightly.”

 

If he started to become overconfident just because he had a strong fruit and because he was in the West Blue, then no one will be to blame but himself when he dies.

 

Alexander rushed to the main deck and sure enough it was a marine ship.

 

It seems that his luck today was not so bad.

 

“This is just a standard marine ship.”

 

It should be easy to deal with just one ship, this was a standard one with only around 20 people, but can he really do it? Can he kill people? He did not know but he has no choice in this matter, if he has no choice then don’t think about it now, think later.

 

As for why he had to kill, that was because he had no confidence, when you have no confidence or experience then you can’t go easy on the opponent.

 

“How to deal with this? It is still a bit far; I have some time but not much.”

 

Remembering the ability of his Devil Fruit, an idea started to form in his mind.

 

His body transformed into lightning and flashed from place to place on the ship, he was trying to get used to the devil fruit so that he can accurately use it.

 

“Got it!”

 

Maybe he is very talented or maybe is the Fast Learner ability he has, but he found it was very easy for him to get used to his devil fruit.

 

“Let’s do this!”

 

Transforming into lightning, he flew over the sea and arrived on the deck of the marine ship.

 

There was surprise and horror on the face of the Marines present, they just saw a bolt of lightning transform into a man.

 

Then understanding appeared on their faces, then horror, it was a normal reaction, they understood it was a Devil Fruit user and a Logia type to boot, what was he doing in the west blue?

 

They were not able to deal with something like that.

 

Alexander had no time to let them elaborate what just happened, they will start to react shortly, after all they are trained soldiers.

 

Rushing to the closest marine, Alexander punched him.

 

Yes, he chose to use hand to hand combat for no other reason than to train himself, he mustn’t become dependent on his devil fruit and lose in a pathetic way like Enel.

 

He will slowly improve and find new way to use his devil fruit ability so that he can fight against a wider variety of powers, like haki.

 

The marine showed the reflex of a trained soldier and reacted, but not fast enough.

 

Alexander punch hit him in the face and at the same moment a million volts rushed in his body.

 

At the exact moment his punch contacted his face, Alexander used his ability to generate one million volts, it sounds like a lot, but the amperage wasn’t high.

 

That is what he thought, but to his surprise, the marine became a charred corpse.

 

He had underestimated his power.

 

The punch supported by the improvements to his body brought by the increase in stats shattered the Marine’s jaw, and the electricity left a charred body behind.

 

Seeing the pieces of charred meat and bone flying, he almost threw up, but just at that moment a cold sensation expanded from his heart, cooling his mind and calming his heart.

 

His focus increased by a very large margin and the clarity of his mind was like never.

 

Alexander was now aware of all the movements around him, time wasn’t moving slower, but his mind was capable of faster reactions and thoughts creating almost the same result.

 

*Ding*

New passive ability learned.

Hyper Focus: While in combat or under threat the user’s mind will enter in the state of hyper focus.

 

*Ding*

Combat Result

1x Marine killed.

Rewards

2G + 10Exp

 

 

Ignoring the *Dings* that sounded in his head and closing the screens that appeared in his field of vision with a though, Alexander switched to the next target.

 

*Bam* *Bam* *Bam*

 

Several shots sounded, some Marines recovered and shot their guns at Alexander, but the bullets passed right through his body.

 

The Logia fruit users can transform themselves into their element, you can’t hurt them with normal bullets or attacks.

 

Alexander doesn’t fear the bullets or swords, not if they aren’t made of seastone and even that only until he strengthens his body and learns armament haki.

 

With another punch another marine flew overboard with his neck bent in an unnatural direction, this time he was not charred as one million volts was overkill as he learned from his first kill, it also wasn’t required of him to use his ability to attack for the standard marine as his punches were enough to kill them.

 

*Ding*

 

Level Up!

1+ all stats

+3 Free stats points

 

 

Another Marine came from behind and tried to slash him with his sword, that was a waste of effort on his part, even if it hit him it would just pass through.

 

Alexander has already seen him coming from the corner of his eye and rotated his body, kicking the marine in the side, he could just ignore it but then he would waste a good training opportunity.

 

The legs are much more powerful than the hands, the Marine’s spine broke, and he too, flew overboard in a > shape.

 

*Ding*

 

Combat Result

1x Marine killed.

Rewards

2G + 10Exp

 

*Dings* sounded in his head but Alexander paid them no mind, he continued to fight.

 

The strength in his punches increased and when before there was no technique to his fighting style, now the shadow of a technique started to appear, that was the result of his Fast Learner ability and the +1 to all stats he got with every level.

 

Alexander was beginning to use all his body, distributing more strength to each of his attacks and reaching new levels of attack speed, at the same time he was also targeting the vital spots of the opponent's body.

 

While before he was more like a brute with just strength, now he was like a killing machine, killing his opponents in the most efficient way.

 

*Bam* *Bam*

 

A huge man with an axe appeared in front of him, this should be the captain of this ship based on his uniform and strength.

 

Alexander examined his opponent, for a build that huge his weakness should be speed and agility.

 

There were many ways to kill him from a distance with his devil fruit’s power, but it was better to use those skills that are overkill when he encounters a strong opponent, the one in front of him is not.

 

Rushing towards the huge man, Alexander observed his actions.

 

The huge man raised his weapon above his head, clearly indicating his intention of slashing Alexander in half from top to bottom.

 

Just as Alexander entered his attack range, the huge man started to swing his axe downwards.

 

Expecting this, Alexander jumped back.

 

The huge man’s axe penetrated the wooden deck and it got stuck there, Alexander was waiting just for this moment.

 

He jumped on the blade of the axe and rushed a step forward then he punched the huge man in the face, his middle and index fingers extended and filled with one million volts, targeting the huge man’s eyes.

 

Blood splashed and lightning entered the man’s brain, frying it completely.

 

Seeing their captain’s death, the Marine’s morale hit rock bottom.

 

Alexander didn’t have any trouble finishing them off.

 

When only a handful of Marines remained, they chose to surrender.

 

Alexander, would have liked to let them go, there was no need to kill them for doing their job, they weren’t evil but he had no choice now, he isn’t strong enough at this point to leave his enemies alive, not when they are able to come back with reinforcements and he had no way to run when he didn’t know how to sail his ship.

 

In the end he killed them all.

104