Chapter 6 – Destination set
10.9k 21 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you want me to focus more on the relationship between MC and his companions?
  • Yes! Votes: 352 52.9%
  • Is ok as is now. Votes: 96 14.4%
  • Whatever you think best. Votes: 217 32.6%
Total voters: 665

Several days passed and Alexander couldn’t even find the shadow of a ship this entire time.

 

Those few days he passed the time training together with Robin, she taught him basic combat, because of her harsh experiences Robin had become very strong and agile, she also knew some fighting techniques learned through experience.

 

He in return helped Robin to better use her devil fruit, while he has no qualifications to train others but he is in possession of the knowledge from the anime and he knew all of Robin’s skills from the future, and with that, he can help her develop her devil fruit, once she learns haki and learns some advanced fighting techniques even he would have a hard time fighting her.

 

In exchange, Robin used her ability to help Alexander train and get used to his devil fruit.

 

Robin used her ability to sprout several hands, and using the guns on the ship, she shot Alexander for a long time.

 

He had a rough time dodging so many bullets but with time his agility and reflexes improved, while he didn’t need to dodge at all but it was a good way to improve his reflexes and train his muscle memory because before his body can resist bullets and deflect swords he can’t ignore them, if he is killed by a seastone weapon because of negligence it would be a stupid ending, not to forget that it is also possible to extend haki to weapons.

 

He was surprised to see his Speed/Dexterity stat increase by 1 but thinking about it, it made sense. He can improve by training and that is reflected in his stats that are a representation of his overall strength, it didn’t make sense for his stats not to change even after training.

 

While training, he also developed a new ability, creating an electromagnetic field he was able to stop or reflect the bullets shot by Robin, but his control over this ability was lacking and he couldn’t control the direction in which the bullets were reflected.

 

This gave him many ideas that needed a high control ability to be feasible.

 

Still, he was satisfied, he knew his control will improve greatly while training, his confidence came from his Fast Learner ability.

 

Continuing their training, Alexander and Nico Robin became a bit closer, they cooked and washed the plates together, they trained together and sometimes they just set a table and two chairs on the deck and basked in the sun while reading, the barrier around Robin was slowly but surely dissipating.

 

Alexander knew he was not yet fully trusted by her, but progress was made, and he could see Robin warming slowly to him.

 

At present, they were sitting together on the deck, sewing the flag they had chosen after a long discussion, they didn’t look like pirates at all but more like housewives.

 

A white flag with a black and sinister looking skull in the middle, under it two bones were crossed.

 

They didn’t care if all pirates had black flags, it didn’t work for them, so they changed it.

 

After a few tries and mistakes, they got it right, looking at the flag fluttering in the wind they were happy.

 

This day the White Cloud Pirates were born.

 

The days flowed in the same manner, Alexander’s control improved by leaps and bounds while Robin had a better understanding of her devil fruit and possible future paths.

 

A short while later they were relaxing while fishing, this was something they started doing recently, while training is good, they also need rest and to vent of some steam.

 

Alexander had a better idea to vent steam, but he didn’t dare mention it.

 

Alexander was staring intently at his fishing float as if it was his sworn enemy, he didn’t know why but the fish hated him, at that moment Robin called to him.

 

“Captain, look.”

 

She still didn’t call him Alex; he knew it wasn’t so easy.

 

Looking at Robin and seeing her gesturing with her head, he looked in the direction she indicated.

 

“It was time.”

 

Seeing the ship approaching he felt relieved, it was time to stop wandering aimlessly on the sea.

 

As he suspected, once the ship got closer, he could see the black flag.

 

They just waited for the enemy ship to flank them, there was no need to do anything, as his ship looked expensive no pirate would wish to sink it.

 

Sure enough, they did just that, the enemy ship stopped a short distance from them.

 

Just as the ship stopped, a bearded man came to his ship’s railing, facing them with his arms crossed, putting on the air of a ‘fearsome’ pirate, behind him another six men were standing with guns and swords in full view.

 

“Hey Brat, look at that ship, you must be loaded, give it to me and I will spare your life. And don’t forget the woman too, that’s important!”

 

Said the smelly guy, even with the distance between them and with the light breeze, he could still smell the foul odor coming from him.

 

Alexander had black lines forming over his head, he didn’t expect to run into such idiots.

 

Did they take them as easy prey? On one hand, they are just a man and a woman while they have the number advantage, on the other hand, do they think that such an eye-catching ship is easy prey? Didn’t they see the pirate flag? He couldn’t help mocking them.

 

“What did you say? You smell so bad I fainted for a moment.”

 

“You’re courting death!!”

 

It didn’t take much effort to get the other side mad with anger, they had a pretty short fuse.

 

The captain and his six crew members fired their guns at them.

 

Hearing his words made the smelly guy lose control, Alexander doesn't know how someone can smell so bad while surrounded by water, maybe he is a Devil Fruit user and fears water, thought Alexander sarcastically in his mind.

 

“Don’t kill them, we need the navigator.”

I reminded Robin who was about to make a move.

 

If they killed the navigator then he really didn’t know whether to cry or laugh.

 

“Ocho Fleur: Flip!”

 

Arms formed and knocked the pirates backwards where more arms were waiting for them, the fight was over in an instant and it couldn’t even be called that, the pirates laid on their back while their legs and heads were tightly seized.

 

The reason Robin was on the run isn’t because she is weak, but because the World Government wants her dead, if she exposes her whereabouts then powerful people will come after her head.

 

Understanding that they just hit a rock with an egg and seeing the power of a Devil Fruit user, the pirates started pleading for mercy in a flash, they weren’t much different than the pirates in his previous world, they strength wasn’t high even among normal people.

 

Alexander put one arm around Robin and, using an electromagnetic field, they gently flew to the enemy ship, ignoring their pleas he spoke coldly.

 

“I will count from 5, if you don’t tell me who is the navigator of your ship then I will let my friend here break your necks.”

 

Without leaving them any time to think he started counting.

 

“5”

 

“It’s him, stop, its him!”

 

“That’s him, on my left!”

 

Alexander didn’t even finish saying five and everyone pointed with their chins to a skinny guy.

 

“Good, thank you for your collaboration.”

Nodding to Robin he moved towards the skinny guy while *crack* the sound of bones breaking could be heard.

 

In the end, with the help of the skinny guy they managed to understand their current location.

 

After discussing with Robin, they set course for Kano Country leaving behind seven corpses.

98