Chapter 7 – Koala City
10.2k 15 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The main reason they set course for Kano country was Nami.

 

As a very talented cartographer and navigator, Alexander had to recruit her.

 

Even if she was just 14 or 15 years old now, you can’t ignore her talent and maturity for her age, she was able to work harder than even an adult could, trying to amass 100,000,000 Belly to free her hometown from the Arlong Pirates as requested by the deal she had with Arlong.

 

She drew maps for Arlong while also becoming a thief, stealing from pirates, she knowingly risked her life in order to pay the ransom stated by Arlong.

 

Only, she didn’t know that Arlong had no intention to honor his promise with Nami from the very beginning.

 

Just that is enough to show the kindness of her heart while also displaying the strength of her willpower.

 

Alexander had to recruit her, no matter what.

 

For that reason, he must rapidly increase his and Robin’s strength, not because the Arlong pirates are strong but because to get from the West Blue to the East Blue is too hard for pirates.

 

Alexander wants to envelop the whole ship in an electromagnetic field and fly over the Reverse Mountain but he doesn’t dare to do it now, the Reverse mountain is so tall that he will need a huge amount control in order to fly at that altitude and they also needed to restock with food in preparation for the long voyage.

 

Kano Country is the perfect place for this, with Robin’s intelligence gathering skills they will easily find the whereabouts of the pirates around Kano country and collect their bounty while also increasing their own strength.

 

Alexander also wanted to find out the extent of his powers, those days his stats all increased by one as a result of his training, considering his stats at the time he fought the marines while also considering that he had just eaten the Devil Fruit, his power should be on a whole new level compared to that time.

 

Speaking about Kano Country, one of its most influential families is the Chinjao Family led by Don Chinjao, a powerful former pirate and retired leader of the Happo Navy, as a result of that the country has a neutral relationship with pirates, as long as they don’t cause any trouble they are permitted to enter the country.

 

No one dared to anger Don Chinjao, at least in the West Blue, so the status quo lasted to this day.

 

While on their way to Kano Country, they continued their daily routine, nothing much changed but there was one event that Alexander didn’t want to mention.

 

After he took a shower, he couldn’t resist admiring himself in the mirror while doing some silly poses he remembered from his previous world, he had to admit that this body was perfect, while thinking that, the door to the bathroom opened and he saw a speechless Robin watching him.

 

He forgot to lock the door, and now he was in this awkward position, the silence continued for some time, neither of them spoked, then Robin slowly close the door.

 

Neither of them mentioned that incident after that.

 

______________________

 

Today, the people at the main dock witnessed an unusual event, a very elegant white ship docked in the main dock, the ship’s beauty was more fit for a king than a pirate, but its flag indicated what type of ship that was.

 

They wondered who had such a beautiful ship while some people with more sinister plans’ had other ideas.

 

At present Alexander, with the help of Robin and her Devil Fruit which was more than capable of handling the ship on her own, docked the ship in one of the port cities of Kano Country, Koala.

 

“This is a nice city.”

 

Alexander was impressed by the Chinese style city before him, as the first city he has seen since coming to this world he was not let down.

 

“It’s very lively, I have been here before and it hasn’t changed since.”

 

Said Robin, as she has been playing tag with pretty much everyone in the West Blue it doesn’t come as a surprise.

 

“How about we decide the next step while we eat something?”

 

He wanted to experience the life of the people here, a good place where you can more accurately form an image about the people that live in a certain area is a place where people eat and drink.

 

“I know a nice place not far.”

 

Suggested Robin, she was well informed as always.

 

Following Robin’s suggestion, they arrived at a restaurant not far from their position.

 

Choosing a quiet and somewhat isolated table, they ordered some dishes and wine.

 

Many gazes were following them, Robin was skilled at blending with her surroundings, but Alexander couldn’t do that because his appearance was too eye catching, not like he wanted to blend in.

 

While on their way to Kano Island they had put together a simple plan.

 

They will use the ship and their low numbers as bait for pirates while also going after strong pirates themselves, this way they will have more enemies to fight.

 

“I will need several hours to collect the information we need; it will also cost half of our Belly.”

 

Robin explained to me while sipping some wine.

 

“That’s not a problem, I will use that time to make some purchases. Take 700.000 Belly and while you’re at it buy everything you need. We’ll meet on the ship in the afternoon.”

 

They were both in the same situation, Alexander and Robin had no change of clothes or other personal items.

 

After they were done with their food, Alexander and Robin separated.

 

The streets made him recall the old Chinese movies he had seen in his former world, the people walked with a sense of purpose, unlike in the anime they weren’t just background, they had a life and goals.

 

Those past few days, Alexander was thinking less and less about his past and started to feel like he belonged in this world, he no longer tried to remember his past life.

 

Above all else, his interactions with Robin strengthened his will to become stronger, he came to really like this reserved woman, considering her past he was impressed that she was still kind in her heart, she valued life, he also trusted her very much, while time is needed to trust a person but when you followed her life for a long time, even if just in the anime, you have a high understanding of her character and values.

 

He didn’t want to forget the importance of life, therefore numbing him to killing.

 

Killing shouldn’t be done easily, but he also must not hesitate when it was required.

 

He had a goal; he wanted to create a strong force and take under his wings all the people that needed a safe place where people will think thrice before moving against them.

 

In order to do that he needed a strong fleet, so that no one would dare to pillage and invade his future territories.

 

Alexander’s goals were grand, but he had just taken the first step, a long road awaited him.

 

Walking along the busy streets, Alexander was stopped by the commotion on the side of the road.

 

There was an open space auction taking place, many guards were guarding it, seeing the commotion and excitement on the people’s faces, Alexander decided to get close and observe.

 

There were many items displayed, swords, guns, jewels, there was everything.

 

The crowd was mainly composed of pirates and merchants as ordinary people didn’t have that kind of money needed to participate, just when he wanted to leave, the next item was displayed, and it instantly attracted his attention.

 

It was a little girl; she was very dirty and skinny.

 

Looking at the mob of pirates and merchants bidding to buy a single young woman as if they were buying an animal, his disgust of such thing intensified and at the same time he vowed to destroy such acts and everyone that supported them.

 

At that moment.

 

*Ding*

 

Limited time quest!

Save the slave girl.

Rewards:

Unknown

 

98