Chapter 10 – A quiet dinner
9.2k 7 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander prepared a meal and just as he put the last plate on the table, Robin entered in the kitchen and following her was the little girl, she was half hidden behind Robin, it seems that Robin was able to calm the girl down and as a result of that she got closer to Robin.

 

She had shoulder length blonde hair and a slim build; her big blue eyes were wandering around the room with caution.

 

“You just came at the right time, let’s eat.”

 

They ate in silence for the most part, Alexander chose to wait to ask any questions for now, she will talk when she is ready.

 

“..lis.”

 

Contrary to his expectations, he didn’t have to wait long, she spoke in a faint voice and it was hard to hear but he waited for her.

 

“My name is Elis, tha-thank you for saving me…”

 

Her voice was quiet and cute, when speaking she couldn’t meet his eyes.

 

“Nice to meet you Elis, let me introduce myself again, my name is Alexander, the captain of this ship.”

 

He was happy to see some progress, even Robin was smiling on the side.

 

“You should be very tired; Robin will show you to your bed.”

 

Seeing as they all were done eating, he chose to retire for now.

 

Before leaving, he told Robin to come to his cabin to speak.

 

Once he was seated behind the desk, he checked his status.

 

Captain Management

Name

Alexander

Age

20

Level

5

Gold

54

Stats

Free Points

3

 

STR

15

 

CON

10

 

DEX

8

 

Devil Fruit

Rumble-Rumble Fruit

Haki

None.

Abilities

Fast Learner (?)

Hyper Focus

[Shop]

       

 

 

His level increased by one and he has three points to distribute, without much consideration he put them all in strength.

 

Just then Robin knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

Hearing his words, Robin opened the door and entered inside the room.

 

Alexander got up and walked to the sofa signaling Robin to sit with him.

 

“What I am about to tell you may seem ridiculous but it’s the truth.”

 

Alexander started to explain to Robin about the logbook and the messages that appear in his mind, his leveling system, stats, shop and rewards.

 

After hearing his explanation, Robin was silent for some time then she spoke.

 

“This is really hard to believe, how can something like this be possible?”

 

She found it hard for something like that to exist, how can there be something that can make something from nothing and make him instantly stronger after defeating enemies, but she also believed that Alexander wouldn’t joke about something like this.

 

“I know it is hard to believe this.”

Saying that, Alexander thought about the reward from the quest and two black pills appeared in midair right in front of them.

 

“I have a gift for you, just eat this pill and you will understand.”

 

Taking one pill and placing it on his palm he extended it to Robin.

 

Robin was surprised to see the pills appear right in front of them, hearing Alexander’s words she hesitated.

 

The pill looked strange and she didn’t know if she should eat it, but after a bit of hesitation she took the pill with her fingers and examined it closely, then she threw it in her mouth.

 

There was no change for a few seconds and then Robin froze, her eyes opened wide.

 

No special effects were shown when she took the pill and there wasn’t any obvious sign that anything had changed.

 

“This is Haki! How is this possible, I have read about it but how can it be awakened just like this?”

 

Even the composed Robin lost her cool.

 

Moving her hand in front of her eyes she used Haki and the skin on her hand darkened a little, it was still very weak, and she couldn’t maintain it for very long, it disappeared in just a few seconds.

 

Robin looked at her hand returning to normal and her heart was in turmoil, she awakened haki just like that, looking at Alexander she had mixed feelings, they didn’t know each other for a long time and he just told her a secret like that, if she didn’t know better she would have thought that he was an idiot, Alexander trusted her too much and he even gave her something like this, this is Haki, many people don’t even know it exists and those that do wish to have it even in their dreams but can’t awaken it and she just awakened it like that, even if it’s just at a basic level for now but that isn’t an issue as long as she trains hard.

 

The cabin was quiet, Alexander was smiling at Robin seeing her so happy.

 

He had one more pill, but he didn’t eat it, if the girl decided to join his crew then he will find a good opportunity to give it to her, before that he had to see her determination.

 

*Ding*

 

2 of 2 requirements met for unlocking a new function!

Congratulations! A new function has been unlocked, please visit the logbook.

87