Chapter 20 – Pegasus
6.6k 16 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They headed outside, leading the group was Alexander and Robin, the five girls were keeping to themselves for the most part, so they followed behind them.

 

What gave Alexander some trouble was that there wasn’t enough space for five other people on the ship, upgrading the ship may solve the issue but how can he do it without letting the girls see the process, he also had to explain it to Elis or else she may faint from the scare. The best course of action was to have the girls stay away from the ship while he upgrades it, but how to go about that, he couldn’t just leave Robin alone with them as he didn’t trust them enough for that, he also didn’t want to just tell them to wait and behave suspiciously and thus raising their distrust towards him.

 

After considering all the options, which weren’t many, in the end, he had no choice but to make an excuse.

 

Turning to face the five girls he spoke.

 

“You will have to wait here while I check the status of the ship, meanwhile you should take everything you need from the spoils, you have nothing for now, no money and no good weapons so search carefully.”

 

He should have done this before leaving the cave, but he didn’t think of that at the time, now he looks a bit silly sending them back in after they just left the caves.

 

They, indeed, gave him some strange gazes but they really had nothing of value as everything was taken when they were captured, they didn’t want to take the spoils of battle as it wasn’t them who beat the slavers, but if he offered them then there was no problem.

 

Seeing the girls returning inside, he took Robin and headed back to the ship, but not before telling Robin to keep an eye on them with her ability, he did that for two reasons. First, he couldn’t trust them, and second, to help them in case of anything unexpected happening.

 

Once they were back on the ship, Alexander explained what he was wanted to do, to Elis, but he didn’t go into details, then he rushed to his cabin and opened the logbook to the [Ship Management] page and selected Upgrade.

 

Upgrade requirements meet. Upgrade?

Cost 100G

Yes      No

 

Alexander selected yes.

 

Them something incredible happened, the room around him started to expand, new furniture and ornaments grew from the floor and walls, and a new door appeared on the wall, outside the window he could see the sea getting lower and lower.

 

After several minutes, the shaking and rumbling stopped, when Alexander left his cabin and arrived on the main deck, he was surprised to see his ship completely transformed. The whole ship tripled in size, from a caravel to a brig sloop, like the Thousand Sunny, but vastly different.

 

Now, in addition to a Mizzen Mast and a Main Mast, there was also a Fore Mast, the cabin was moved a level up and stairs appeared from the main deck to the second level where beside his cabin was also a terrace you would enter as you left the cabin.

 

Moving inside, even more changes were evident, there were now two bathrooms one for women and one for men, and both were huge in size, it had separate sowers and a huge bathtub made to be used by several people at the same time, the kitchen was huge and it had a bar with simple chairs, it also had a large table fit for twelve people.

 

The rooms increased in number, there still was a common living area but now it could fit 10 people and there were another four single rooms like the ones you would find in five-star hotels.

 

While moving through the hallways, he meets Elis and Robin there, who were also awed by the incredible changes and exploring the ship together, descending more stairs, the most incredible thing was that the hold was restacked full of even more resources, food, repair materials, water, they just appeared from nothing, but the surprises were far from over, there was an additional room that wasn’t there before, when he entered the room he was welcomed by the sight of a big electric engine, an electric engine.

 

That was unthinkable, he didn’t think he would see something like that, it wasn’t impossible as there were even submarines in this world, but still he didn’t think they were like this one.

 

Looking at it, he wondered how it worked, and above all, where was its power source. Walking around it, he found something strange, there was a place called charging station with two metal rods protruding from the ground to just above his waist, at the top of each rod was a handle.

 

He was almost sure of what that was for, there were lights on the sides, forming a row, now only the first light was lit, probably indicating the level of power stored.

 

Trying to prove his hunch, he gripped the handles and started to send electricity through them, in the beginning it didn’t change because he didn’t use a high intensity so he increased the output, then, after a short time the second light slowly became to brighten, seeing how slow it was he increased the output again, this time the lights started to lit up faster and in just a few minutes the tenth light was brightly lit.

 

Now he just had to understand how to start the engine, but he suspected it should be from his cabin or where the wheel was.

 

But he had to stop with the exploring for now, he couldn’t let the girls waiting, heading outside he left Robin and Elis to prepare more food as the mouths increased.

 

When he arrived outside the cave, the five girls were already waiting for him.

 

“Sorry for letting you wait; everything is fine so let’s go to my ship.”

 

They didn’t answer and just followed behind him.

 

After a short walk through the forest they returned to where the ship was anchored.

 

Seeing the ship, their faces expressed shock at the size and beauty of the ship. While it retained its original style, the detail of the engravings and shapes was on another level compared to before, it now gave an imposing and strong presence.

 

 They also didn’t understand how the ship got in the small gulf as by the looks of it, the ship was too big to fit in the tight space connecting the gulf with the sea.

 

Alexander wasn’t too worried about that, after all he could just fly the whole ship over the island.

 

While thinking so he remembered that he also didn’t name it until now.

 

“Do you like it? Her name is Pegasus.”

 

Said Alexander, he was proud of his ship, but before he could embark, something attracted his attention, the bottom of the ship was made of metal, it was hard to see as it was at the same level of the sea but he still could see it when the waves moved the ship.

 

‘Could that be seastone?’, pondered Alexander, after he saw so many incredible things done by the system, he wasn’t surprise by this, if this was true then one of his worries was eliminated.

79