Chapter 30 – Dire situation
5.4k 22 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took an unespected turn with the story, I have a goal in mind for this choice and I don't know how it will be received. This is a bold move and it may kill the novel, I don't know, we will see I guess. 

Thanks for Bearing with me. 

Hearing the unknown thundering voice, Alexander's first instinct was to activate his devil fruit ability, but it was to no vail as he couldn't feel the connection with his power anymore.

"It's useless, young man." Said the old man's voice, "I gave it to you so I can take it back."

As the words registered in his mind, his already bad feelings intensified.

"You mean?" He tried to keep his voice calm despite his violent heartbeat.

"I mean exactly that." The voice sounder from behind him now, prompting Alexander to hastily turn around.

He saw the owner of the voice, it was an old man with gray hair and a long gray beard almost reaching his feet, he was clothed in a loose white robe.

"After I had to go through much trouble to acquire that body it turned out like this." The old man shook his head disappointingly, "I didn't expect this at all."

"Who are you?", Asked Alexander, he had his suspicion but no proof.

The old man sighted and answered him, "Such a boring question, you would have known if you didn't make 'that' request.", his words contained fake sadness not concealed, "You can call me God."

Alexander had a strange expression, in his mind he uttered the word 'cliché', he didn't know if he should laugh or cry, but seeing his situation maybe he should cry.

"And what does 'god' want from me?", spoke Alexander, since he was in this situation already it didn't make sense to show any respect or fear.

The old man raised one eyebrow and answered. "We'll, you see, something messed up my plans I spent much time to put together, I have to know how and what."

"Your plan?" Questioned Alexander, what had he to do with his plans?

"Haa, I may as well waste some time with you." The old man behaved like a conceited kid, not at all befitting of his elderly aspect.

"You see, there is a reason for why I got out of my way to give you this body and the system and sent you to that world, did you think that it was without any strings attached?", he spoke with a mocking smile, looking down on Alexander.

"…So, it was you, why don't I remember anything?", It was a classic plot in isekai novels, hard to get surprised by this, but he was wondering why he doesn't remember anything.

"That was your request.", responded the 'god', "To tell you the truth I didn't expect it, you even wanted me to make you believe it was all part of a 'deal'.", saying so, the old man looked at him as if he was looking at a strange animal.

"But I think we spoke enough, its time to go inside that head of yours and find the source of the problem.", the old man's face turned to one with a grim expression and he walked closer to Alexander.

"You are speaking trash, old man.", Alexander had a smile that was not a smile on his face, looking at the old man he said, "I can't trust a word of what you say."

The self-titled 'god' didn't show any sings of anger and instead raised an eyebrow questioning Alexander, "Oh? Why do you say so?"

"Because of this. Come!", focusing on that connection that remained, he called his Zanpakuto, it responded to his call without hesitation, then as the great-sword formed he slashed at the old man with all his strength.

The old man's eyes widened, not because of fear but because of surprise, he didn't understand where that sword came from as his system should be blocked together with the powers it brought.

When the sword was about to slash the old man, he extended his finger and blocked it, "Did you think you could harm me with such little strength?", asked the 'god', his face returned to normal.

"No, but I at least know that you told only lies, what god, you are no god.", this time, real anger showed on the old man's expression at his words.

"Hahaha, what can an insect like you understand, everything you have was given by me."

"For a 'god', you didn't even know of my sword.", Alexander's words angered the old man more than before.

"Enough, its useless to talk with you, now stay put and let me take a look inside your head."

Alexander wanted to move but discovered that his body was frozen in place, he couldn't move a muscle anymore.

The old man's hand approached his head, palm open.

"Nicely said, kid.", Yet at that moment, another voice resounded in the empty space.

The old man was the first to react, with a speed that was hard to see he turned facing the direction the voice came from.

The owner of the voice was in front of Alexander and behind the old man, so Alexander was able to see who spoke.

The speaker was a floating dolphin, even Alexander didn't expect something like that, there weren't any better words to describe its aspect, it was the same as the most average dolphin one could think of.

"You, so that's how it was, I didn't expect that planet to still have a protector.", Said the old man, then he squinted his eyes as if to look carefully at the dolphin, "Hahahaha, so I was right, that place doesn't have a protector, you are just a residual thought."

"You are right, but I am more than enough to send you back.", cracks appeared in the space extending like spiderwebs in the distance with the dolphin at the center.

"You! Do you think a mere thought is enough to keep me away?! I will come in person next time and let you watch as I subjugate it!", his furry out of control, the old man started cursing, but before the space shattered, he suddenly moved towards the frozen Alexander.

55