Childhood Friend Ava 2
820 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I pick up the phone, and before I say anything, Ava’s loud voice sounds,

“Noah, where are you? How are you? I heard they kicked you out of the dorm,” she said.

I feel guilty not telling her, but if I did then, she will make a big fuss.

“Sorry, I didn’t tell you before.”

“It’s okay, just tell me where are you?” impatient she asked.

Hehe, where am I? I’m at teacher olive’s home, what would her reaction will be if I told her this,

“You can know where I’m?”

“On-street or where else, tell me where are you I come and get you, then we saw how dare that mere dorm master to kick out my friend, don’t worry we will make your dorm back, so which street are you?”

Why does she think I’m on the street?

“Ava, listen, I have a soft bed to sleep on. I have a heater to make warm, so at least I’m not sleeping on the street, okay?”

“I know... you’re not... um...” Ava stops as she wants to speak but stops.

“Just speak already what you want.”

“Did you do something indecent to get a roof? Why did you do this? You just have told me, then at least I can find you a man with a six-pack,” she spoke fast in one breath.

What did she say? Why did she always assume the worst thing for me? Can’t she think positively about me?

“I’m at teacher Olive’s house,” I said.

“...”

“...”

“...”

Ava gets silent. Wherever something unexpected happens to her, she just gets silent.

“...”

“...”

“...”

Isn’t this taking too long? Am I being at the teacher’s house that unexpected?

Now I think then, this is something unexpected. I smirk. If my classmate learns this, then what type of face they would make?

“Noah, did you hurt your head on street and your hallucinations all this, ugh... just tell me which street you bump your head”

I blink, then again blink, I open the selfie, take my selfie with teacher and her daughter’s photos, and sent her.

Silence later, she spoke with too much energy,

“Noah, good. You nailed it this time. Don’t waste this opportunity and take your chance to learn as much about her, and make a good impression,

Saw her, you have some feelings for her, don’t let too much feeling for her though, and don’t talk to her about anime, novel things like that. Don’t let your lust get in your head. Peek at her when she is in the bathroom or does anything like looking into her laptop or belongings, understand?”

She knows me a little too well, doesn’t she?

“Okay, I understand that, but do you know she has a daughter...”

Then we two talked for a long time. Most of just me telling her what I find new about teacher.

“Noah, listen, this golden opportunity for you, don’t waste it”

“Obviously, I won’t. I will take as much benefit as I can.”

“Yes, if you need any help, then you know the number,” she said with pride.

I laugh as I thought about telling her exitance of the system but, a sharp pain assault my mind, At this moment I understand, that the system can kill me if he want, just something system needs or he is bound by something that prevents him killing me, but If I try to tell anyone about system existence, then system will kill me.

My back was sweaty, and my breathing was haggard,

“Noah, something happen” Ava’s voice grew concerned she asked.

“Nothing. You tell me what you want to say?”

“O...Okay, I want to say is, if you weren’t able to convince teacher, then do you know, um... I’d rent an apartment, and I'm moving there soon, but I’m all alone there, so we two can live there, what do you think?”

“Okay, I don’t have a problem, but when did you rent an apartment”

“This week, all papers are done, only moving left”

I feel goosebumps rise, an unknown feeling struck my heart, and I feel Ava is laying.

She lied. She didn’t get an apartment this week, nor anything like papers is done. Why did she lie?

“Ava, why did you rent this apartment?” careful, I asked.

“Nothing, I just get bored with the dorm, so I was thinking for a long time to rent somewhere else.”

Again, she lied. Though it’s true, she gets bored with the dorm, thinking about renting an apartment is a lie.

“Okay, then if I didn’t convince teacher, then I move in with you.”

“Hmm, you better, oh, Noah, I have two movie tickets for your favorite movie, wanna watch”

“Okay, let’s go tomorrow”

Although she lied, everyone lied every day so it’s not a big deal, then we two talked more, then cut the phone, stretch my hand, and as I was going to light off the lamb, it gets off automatically, or the electricity cut off.

It’s pleasant that winter is ongoing, otherwise in summer without electricity is like hell.

I shake my head, take a blanket and lay down on the bed, close my eyes.

18