Ch. 62 – Golems
1.8k 12 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is she inside the tree? But there is no opening in the trunk, so it would be pretty impossible to fit anything there. Unless actually she used magic to do it, I’m pretty sure I saw the nature magic on her with my last appraisal. The question is, how am I going to get her out, I don’t want to have a pet tree after al since it would be a bit weird.

Suddenly the bark started moving, shifting into an humanoid shape, and after couple of seconds, it changed into Felicia. Well, that would mean she wasn’t inside the tree, but became one with it, which was kind of cool. Now the remaining question is, how exactly did she manage to knock out the dragon.

I was a bit curious about the tree too, but it could be explained with her trying our nature magic. Maybe somehow she made it move? It would be surreal to see the giant tree turned into something akin to humanoid golem and then punching the crap out of the ancient dragon. Still no idea why would she do it though.

Fortunately it didn’t take long for the dragon to wake up, and he rose with a groan.

[“I’m never fighting cat-controlled wood golems again.”]

Wait, so she actually did make a giant wood golem?! I kind of want to see that now. I wasn’t sure how useful it would be in an actual combat, since I didn’t see how long did it take to raise one, but surely there were some strong points to it.

If there was a lot of empty space, then the giant golem would carry us easily through almost any fight. I feel like I’m slowly becoming more and more useless as Felicia grows more and more. I have to master my magic quickly, and find some more uses to it if I don’t want to lose.

But that golem gave me an idea. Maybe I could create a similar one using my ability to control anything related to earth? Maybe I could make one out of pure metal? Unfortunately there wasn’t enough of it in the ground, but if I used the stone only, then a making golem shouldn’t be that impossible task.

[“Hey Felicia, could you make that golem again?”]

She had a puzzled look on her face, but she decided to go along with my suggestion. She merged with the tree again, and then something quite shocking happened. The tree just uprooted itself, merging its roots into a pair of legs, then taking parts of its branches to form a pair of arms with the rest forming head.

I had to suppress my laugh when that head sprouted a pair of cat ears, they looked a bit comical on the head of ten meter high golem. It was a bit scary, but still comical sight, when I looked at her creation. I could easily imagine it knocking the dragon out cold… if he decided to take a free hit without dodging.

But now was time for my part, I already recovered enough mana to fill my whole pool, so I could try using my whole potential. I released it all, overlooking the sudden drowsiness that came, pouring it all into the ground, making it lift itself and start forming. Legs were first, I was going to make them much sturdier than whole build since the weight on them would be quite big.

I compressed the stone a bit, and then proceeded with the torso and arms. Moving parts would be a bit tricky, but I could always use mana to manipulate the rock like it was alive, so it would matter as long as I had it. I was thinking about making something akin to a control room in its head where I could sit and watch it fight, but because I had no way of making it safe for now, I decided that I would use the golem as a puppet rather than a mount.

Finally, I created the head for the decoration purpose, with a full set of eight eyes. If Felicia had a personized golem, I wanted one too. Soon enough, two golems stood tall facing each other, one made out of wood, and the second made out of stone. Quite surreal I have to say.

 [“Now I want one too…”]

What did I just hear? Did that dragon seriously just say that he wanted to have a golem for himself? Wait, wait, WAIT! What are you doing you stupid reptile! Aaand it’s too late…

In a split of second, there stood a third golem. The only issue I could see with that would be the… size. While me and Felicia made our golems ten meters tall, he actually went and turned a whole freaking mountain into it. A WHOLE MOUNTAIN!

Just how much mana did it take to manipulate a chunk of stone that big? Or did he have some sort of mana discount since he was a mountain dragon? Still, if there were more dragons like that, turning mountains into dragons, the world would be doomed. 


 

Somewhere on the top of the dungeon.

“I want one too…”


 

Random human pov

“Have you heard the news? Apparently something huge appeared in the forest of darkness. People say that it’s a huge silhouette made completely of shadows! Can you believe it? They say its hundred meters tall, and when it walks the ground shakes! It’s a good thing that forest is separated from the world with a barrier, or that monster would kill us all.”

“That sure is scary!”

49