Ch. 91 – What spiders think about
1.1k 8 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now let’s summarize what actually happened. I evolved after touching some weird stone, but it actually made me sleep for nearly half a year and now I’m a demigod. I’m pretty sure that’s important but let’s ignore it for the time being, it’s too annoying to think about it after all.

After that I found out that my mother’s nest was under attack and rushed there from the top of the dungeon as fast as I could, but I ended up arriving late and because of that, I had to witness my mother’s death. From that point, even though I can remember everything, something else started guiding my actions, I even used a new magic that I had no idea how to reproduce and how it was even called.

I was also pretty sure a mortal shouldn’t be able to produce that kind of mana, probably not even gods would dare to touch it, but that was just my assumption. If that was the case, then where it came from? Could it be related to my emotion issues? Sometimes I really feel like there’s more than one person in my body.

Even though I’m just a spider.

Different feelings come and disappear, some of them are so unrelated to my character that it wasn’t difficult for me to think I had a split personality. But it was different. If I had a split personality, then I would still feel as myself no matter which one was active at a time, but to feel like a different person, like a different being was something I was unable to explain.

Most likely, my inner library I was drawing my knowledge from was somewhat related to this issue. Did it come from a person? Did it include their feelings and memories? This would explain why I feel so much attachment to an old man I’ve never met before. It was also likely, that in my body, there was will of even more individuals.

A weird anger, that could extinguish the world itself, an unquestionable love for my mother that couldn’t be simply that of a child that scarcely saw their parent, a weird sense of possessiveness  when looking at strangers, a weird bond to a little kid. All of these shouldn’t belong to a young spider born not that long ago.

The only feeling in them all, that I could really consider my own of them all was my unwillingness to face the reality and only wanting to ignore the fact that something was clearly wrong. Well, that and a certain attachment to a little cat girl that grew into my real feeling during our short journey through dungeon. Even though something not belonging to me made me take her in, I certainly never regretted that decision.

Speaking of her, she was currently poking the students of this old man with a stick. They were the only survivors of my spell, apart from him, which was kind of baffling, because when they clearly used a strong barrier, he simply walked through it like it was a normal smoke. I couldn’t understand it, I clearly excluded Felicia from the effect, but why wasn’t he affected too?

Was it something unconscious again? I guess I’ll ignore it since the old man became my pet anyway. The unyielding rage I felt earlier disappeared, and I got my mother back even if she was in a form of an egg, so things were mostly resolved, I even decided to not mind these guys. Apart from Arthur that is.

I couldn’t wipe the image of him piercing my mother out of my mind, one way of another, I will kill him. Right now it might be impossible, because even though I’m pretty sure I could beat him when restrained the system, fighting the old man would be impossible. Felicia could stand her ground against him, but it was only because he was holding back. He was clearly the same guy who the ancient dragon told us he had been training judging from the way he used his mana.

Hmm? I could sense mana pretty easily for some time now.. what happened to this massive headache that assaulted me whenever I tried to do it before? Was it related to becoming a demigod? Could it be that my ability to use magic returned? I quickly tried creating some water, and sure enough I could do it even more easily that before.

I didn’t even need to think of atoms, the water just appeared out of thin air. It was still different from normal magic, since from what I saw it directly converted mana into a substance and even though it looked like it was real, it was still made entirely out of magic and was classified as such. Even when I was manipulating atoms before, there was still a hint of magic in the things I created.

But right now, without any meddling, it just came out as a pure substance with no hint of being made out of mana. Was it again related to being half god? Did I just achieve creation? Unknowingly, a small smile appeared on my face that went mostly unnoticed by the old man that was cooking in front of me.

With that I could do anything I wanted! I could kill Arthur with only moving a finger! Let’s do that, I started gathering my mana behind my back, creating a thin film around it so the old man wouldn’t find out and started conjuring fire. I compressed more and more of it, I was pretty sure it would work even though I wasn’t looking at it, but when the compression achieved the satisfying degree, I quickly shot it at the unconscious Arthur… not.

Nothing actually happened. Confused I brought my hands to my front to look at the spell I created, and nearly cried with despair. In my hands, instead of a deadly fireball, was a small golden crystal stone… It’s going to take a lot of time to stop creating rocks instead of spells huh?

31