Ch. 95 – The art of disguise
904 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for that long break, I just don't have enough inspiration and I kinda got bored of writing. I still want to finish the story, but it probably will take a bit more time between uploads.

Even though I found out we will be teleporting to the city, we still waited for the next day since their hubs were offline at night to prevent sudden attacks from space monsters… sounds awesome. For me at least, I would really want to see one of them, riding the flow of space as if it was water and appearing in places with teleportation arrays whenever they want, that would be fun.

Before the old man went to sleep, he asked me if I could do anything with my appearance. The reason was that I really was an unique monster, and these raised quite a commotion no matter how far from the city they appeared, and I was about to actually enter one. He had a good point, attention wasn’t really a thing I was excited about, so I decided to transform my spider part away.

But how to start it? Obviously I would have to use [Transform body], but do I just merge my backside into my two front legs and call it a day? I should probably change them a bit too, to resemble the humans one to some extent if not completely. I had no idea how to change my carapace into skin, so it would have to remain, so my legs will have to be covered with some clothing anyway.

How do I make them work anyway? Do I need to make human like muscles? Or will they appear automatically as I make legs? Spider legs don’t exactly work the same way as humans one so I assume I will have to modify them to some extent if I want to walk on only two legs. Maybe I will use mana muscles? I regained the ability to control my mana so they should work too, if I’m unable to move after the transformation.

So without further ado, here I go!

It was probably the weirdest feeling ever, feeling myself shrink with my spider torso compressing, my legs merging into my two front ones and my whole body becoming strangely short. Before my transformation I was way taller than the old man, but now I was about the size of the girls, about hundred sixty five I guess? My legs were still forming, but the height was already set.

As soon as I was left with only two legs, I became wobbly and started losing my center of balance. It wasn’t exactly because I wasn’t used to only have that many limbs, but rather because as I assumed at the beginning, they were useless because they retained their spider like functionality. If I wanted to walk like a human, I would have to modify the overall structure of my lower limbs, not only their look.

That’s after I pick myself up from the ground… Oww, my new face hurts a lot more when I land on it. I channeled mana into my legs, picturing the feeling I experienced when I walked in that tree dimension before, and sure enough, after a couple of tries, I was able to stand up and not fall over again. I activated my transformation skill again, and then adjusted my legs to be similar to the ones created with mana and voilà, I had a perfectly human legs.

Well, maybe apart from that exoskeleton covering them, reaching up to my hips. Wow, when I took a closer look at it I noticed how cool it looked. Like an white armor, with blue stripes along it forming pretty curious shapes. There were also some spiky protrusions of some unknown origin, but they added to the look, so I left them as they were.

Finally after taking a completely human shape, all that was left was to make some human clothes. I decided I would make a hooded robe that covered me completely, because with that it would be easier to hide my unusual legs and I wouldn’t have to worry too much about being stared at. I noticed it only now, but I’m not really good with crowds, when the students swarmed me I felt a bit threatened, scared even, but I couldn’t do anything so I had to endure.

With a robe, I wouldn’t have to worry about humans other than the ones I know, and that would make things easier. It took me about a minute to knit a perfect one, completely white of course as it was made with my silk and another half an hour to wear it… Well, I didn’t wear it in the end, I just made another one already on my body. Who knew humans had to struggle this much only to wear clothes.

I took a good look at myself, creating artificial mana eye (that I learned just now, I have honestly no idea how it works, but since I could make muscles before, I somehow managed to create it too) to look at my body from the side, and I have to say, this look will probably get booed as a cheap knock off of other character. Hmm, where did that thought come from? Well, that doesn’t matter, I look simply cool.

..

In the morning we all gathered in a big magic circle created by old man’s skill and waited for it to charge for a minute and sure enough we were ready to leave this place. It would be my first time outside this forest, so I was a bit nervous, but because I had my cat with me, the effect it had on me was almost negligible.

There was a big flash of light, and for a couple of seconds I was unable to tell the directions apart until we finally appeared at our destination, a giant stone room with unimaginable amount of transportation arrays placed in it.

”Identify yourself!”

And that’s how my first trip to a city began. With being surrounded by soldiers.

28