Ch. 99 – Pope
665 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How dare you stupid monster throw me out of the window!”

Ahh, I should have guessed he would have one of those damned resurrection items…

Well, it doesn’t matter, there you go!

Hmm, no level this time, but I should have expected it. No matter how strong is my enemy, when my level is that high, there’s just no way I will get one after just one kill.

I’ve waited for about half an hour, but he didn’t come again, so either he died for real or got wiser. It would be nice if it’s the former, but the chances are a bit low since he’s the national hero and the city keeps pumping so much resources into him that they could actually make another city…

 


 

About six months later, I was sitting in the exact same room we got when we arrived even thought it looked completely different. At first I opposed changing it into a spider nest, but one day when I was going around sightseeing, Felicia just cowered everything in her own webs and now thanks to that our place stopped looking like a human apartment. I have to admit, it’s much comfier this way, but there’s still this thin distaste about… well, there wasn’t any.

Even though I wanted to taste a bit of civilization, it didn’t mean I would have to sacrifice the comfort of having my own nest now that I can actually have it. It would be better if my mother was with me, but her egg still didn’t hatch. I kept it safe in a web cocoon inside my shadow storage for all this time, and there were no signs of her waking up.

Suddenly the door of our room opened… or at least someone tried to open it, but it was wholly covered with webs on my side so no one would disturb my sleep and going by the sound, that person definitely didn’t expect the door stopping them and had a close meeting with the hard wood.

“Open the door this instant you stupid spider!”

Oho, that pope guy come. Even though he’s supposedly a nice guy, he seems to have been disliking me ever since I came here. Well, it may be because I keep clearing out his pocked by using up Arthur’s resurrection items that are supplied by him, even though it’s not my fault that this moron keeps coming at me whenever he sees a chance.

But since the circumstances are like that, I decided to not hold a grudge against this poor guy who has to babysit the stupid hero, so I guess I can forgive that insult. I moved my webs that were covering the door with [Thread control] and while at it, I healed his bleeding forehead. Who would have guessed that atom manipulation could make for a such efficient healing magic. It’s one of the things I learned under the old man in these past months.

Apparently, even he has no idea why I can control existing matter, nor why I can’t manipulate any attribute, but he’s still been pretty helpful with my training so I guess that’s okay. For some weird reason, ever since I came here, none of my skills leveled up, even though I can feel myself getting stronger with every thing I learn from the old man.

It’s almost like the system stopped caring about displaying my strength, and simply takes care of my levels. I can still use the skills I have, but they simply don’t grow anymore. It’s not like my ability has stopped growing either, because it increased exponentially in the last months, so I guess it’s also an ignorable thing.

“Hey, are you listening at all!?”

Huh?

“I said that the sun god personally stated that if you use up one more of his resurrection items, he will personally come to you for payment. Why do you even keep killing the hero every week!?”

“..his fault…”

That’s right, I finally learned how to use my voice cords! Even though I’m still pretty bad at talking while using them, I can pretend that it’s a part of my character. The image of a beautiful snow white woman of few words is pretty cool if you ask me.

“You kept waving the holy sword before his nose last time…”

Ahh, yes, it might have happened, but it’s still that guy’s fault for attacking me even though he knew he can’t win!

“You keep eating his lunch…”

Hey, there’s not enough food in here for a monster like me! I have to search for alternate sources!

“You destroyed his mansion…”

It was ruining the view…

“You gave him a wedgie…”

Now that was hilarious, I barely can hold back my laughter when I remember it.

“I get it that you hate that guy, but I think that you already got enough revenge don’t you think?”

Let’s agree to disagree.

“You damn petty spider…”

I guess he read my answer from my face. That guy’s pretty good at doing it, even though I’ve been told my face is always still no matter what emotion I experience. Maybe it’s an instinct of the elderly?

“Anyway, I warned you. Please refrain from killing Arthur anymore.”

“HOW DARE YOU DRAW ON MY FACE!!!”

Suddenly the guy he was talking about came running into my room with his face covered in permanent, mana infused marker. I swear, this is some sort of muscle memory, to throw him out of the window whenever he comes into my room. Unfortunately, this time apart from a sound of glass shattering, as the barrier got pierced with a flying hero, there was also a change of temperature in my apartment.

Slowly, all the webs started catching on fire, as a humanoid figure appeared in the middle of the room.

I might be a bit screwed.

24