Ch. 100 – I can do what now!?
711 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fiery silhouette soon stabilized and took on a form of a human. It was Sunny, the sun god I met before.. or was his name Solar? Well, doesn’t matter, I might be dead anyway. But there’s still a chance? Wasn’t this guy really wimpy before? Apart from infinite regeneration and extremely strong fire magic?

Right now I have countermeasures against both, so maybe it won’t be that bad? Let’s first hear what he wants to say, and then I’ll decide whether I have to run or beat him into a pulp. The look on his face is a bit weird, did he notice that I put a ward on myself against thought reading? The old man taught it to me, and it’s pretty useful in situations like this one.

“Didn’t the pope warn you about killing the hero again?”

Yup, he’s pissed.

“His fault.”

I mean, when someone charges at you like that, isn’t your first instinct to throw them out of the window? It’s a natural reaction of the body to protect itself from a mass of stupidity like that.

“We already talked about this…”

Oh, the pope is still here. I have to say, he’s pretty resilient even though he’s laying on the floor sweating, he didn’t pass out yet. For some reason it doesn’t affect me, but when mortals feel a presence of a god, apparently they are prone to losing consciousness. This guy was restraining himself when we met before, but right now, the scorching heat from his aura was nearly melting the walls.

I wasn’t really sure if I needed to panic, as I somehow wasn’t feeling any danger even in this situation, but because I knew I was against a god, I was inclined to believe I had little to no chance of winning a direct confrontation. But what was that nagging feeling I got when looking at him? Not a sense of danger, but rather again, a bit of familiarity?

It was different from the old man and Felicia, they belonged to me and I would protect them at all cost because they were mine, but here, I just felt like I found a lost thing. I definitely didn’t feel it before, but it might have something to do with him releasing his full aura now. Now that I look at him, doesn’t his face look kind of strained?

Is he pushing himself right now with releasing all this aura? But I don’t feel a thing? I mean none of the heat is getting to me, I feel pleasurably cool actually with the fiery aura adding a bit of warmth to clash making me sleepy. I really didn’t want to do it, but when a yawn escaped my mouth, a vein popped on Sunny’s forehead.

Oh, the pope fainted. Wait, isn’t he dead?

[“Hey, don’t kill people in my apartment”]

I said while pushing a bit of the golden mana into my own aura. Immediately, all of the heat disappeared from around us, and to my and Sunny’s surprise, all of the walls and furniture came back to their previous stated before they melted, even the pope did! Now that’s a power I didn’t know I have.

“You undid my domain!?”

I did?

Oh.

Yeah, of course, aren’t I awesome!?

What’s a domain?

“You literally overpowered my godly powers!?”

Oh, so that’s what it is. I get it, now sit!

Wait, I didn’t expect you to actually sit? What is even going on? Why is there a god sitting like a dog before my eyes? And angry one at that! Do I have some sort of secret power to give orders to gods? Roll over! Now that’s a hilarious sight if I’ve ever seen one! Hmm, but his anger is visibly rising, I mean there’s literally smoke coming out of his ears. Now, let’s try this, go wherever you came from and don’t come back!

Oh, he disappeared.

That’s one way to get out of crisis I guess? I’m not going to think about being able to control a god though, my body and mind are already confusing enough. I think even the author is confused at this point because he forgot what he wrote for the most part. See? Another thought that came out of nowhere and I don’t have a clue what it means.

I’m just going to pretend nothing happened.

“What did you do to the pope!”

And off you go!

[Conditions fullfiled. Gained title [Hero predator] ]

Hey, that’s not a nice thing to say! I just got rid of a nuisance that came at me again. Come to think of it, either resurrection item worked awfully fast this time, or he didn’t die from being thrown out. The bastard is learning I guess, I think I’ll have to step up my game. But if he didn’t die, then why did Sunny come here?

I looked down the window, and the hero was definitely lying dead on the pavement, the people didn’t even pay any attention to him, as the sight became somewhat of a regular occurrence here. Hmm, I’ll check his status

[Death resistance lvl. 5]? Not instant death but just death? Did he gain proficiency from dying constantly? Am I making him immortal, because that would be funny? Only one way to find out I guess. I’m going to enjoy having indestructible punching bag.

24