Ch. 101 – Another pet
776 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry if it starts feeling rushed, I just want to finish it

When I woke up next morning, the pope was already gone. Either he woke up or someone picked him up from the floor, the only certain thing was that he’s going to feel that short rest on the hard wood in his bones for a couple of days. Why didn’t I pick him up? Well, why would I do that? If he decided to faint there, then why should I bother moving him somewhere else?

 So I went to sleep ignoring him entirely, even if I knew that he was going to complain about that next time we met. That’s just how I am, I don’t care about people that mean nothing to me, maybe if it was Felicia or the old man on the floor, then I would at least move them to a more comfortable space, but if it was just the pope, then there’s nothing I’ll do for him.

Speaking of Felicia, I haven’t seen her since yesterday, just where is this cat roaming about?

*knock knock*

Oh, there she is, knocking on the window from outside… Well, her flying ability really did improve. I opened the window and let her in, noticing that she was in a state of slight desperation. She took a second to catch her breath and then looked at me with pleading eyes.

“You have to help!”

Well, I have no idea what does she need my help with, seeing how strong this catkin is, but if she asks me like that there’s no way I would refuse. She must have picked up my thoughts, because she didn’t wait for an answer and she just went out of the window again, waiting for me outside.

I stepped out myself, creating platforms of dense mana under my feet and started running after the worried girl. She went in the direction of the giant coliseum in the center of the city and landed somewhere inside, waiting for me to catch up. When I landed next to her, she just silently pointed at the arena and I saw what she needed help with.

Currently in the arena, there was a fight, one that didn’t look all that fair. Multiple human gladiators were currently ganging up on a little girl with tied arms and legs, and even though they were getting their assess kicked, the girl was seemingly becoming more and more tired. I initially thought that she was some sort of Felicia’s friend, but if that was the case, Felicia would most likely help her herself.

Intrigued, I entered the arena myself to get a closer look at the girl and sure enough, something was off about her. She had a set of small horns poking out of her fiery red hair, her eyes were golden and on her back, there was a set of tied bat wings. If that alone wasn’t screaming out “Demon”, then I had no idea what would. Well, the [Demon lord] title she had could also mean she’s actually one.

But that wasn’t what was the most interesting about her, as I was sending the gladiators that came at me flying, I noticed that the girl gave off the same exact feeling I felt when interacting with Felicia and the old man. Third person now gave me a feeling of attachment seemingly out of nowhere, and I wasn’t particularly pleased about it. I mean, I will still take that girl under my wing as my pet, but if people like that keep coming at me, how am I going to feed them all? I also hope she can go to the toilet herself and I won’t have to clean after her…

So, without a word, I picked the demon girl under my arm and left the arena, meeting with Felicia on the way. I ignored the shouts that came from the stands and simply went home with a new pet. She wasn’t resisting, seemingly too tired to care, so I didn’t have to subdue her on the way. Not that she could resist me with her stats, she was only close to Felicia after all. Hmm, I wonder what demon girls eat, maybe I’ll feed the hero to her? I’ll have to ask her later if she want’s to eat him.

When we reached the apartment, the exhausted girl fell asleep on my bed in a matter of seconds. I removed her bindings of course, so she could sleep comfortably and looked at Felicia with questioning look. She became a bit flustered, but soon started to explain herself.

“I saw her being thrown into the arena with all these humans and I wanted to help her, but the headmaster stopped me telling me that there’s nothing I can do about it, so I asked you for help! Headmaster can’t do anything to you after all!”

Hmm, I’m quite satisfied with how high is my pet’s opinion of me, so I guess I’ll let it slide. It isn’t like I lost anything, quite contrary, I actually gained a new pet, so there was nothing bad about current situation. Well, maybe apart from the angry old man standing in the entrance of my apartment. Huh? Why isn’t he angry? Isn’t this the situation where he comes in and scolds me? He stopped Felicia from rescuing the girl after all, so why does he look actually relieved?

“Thanks for rescuing the girl, if this went on any longer, I probably would snap and do it myself and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to handle the consequences. You on the other hand probably don’t even care about having the whole city after you, so there’s nothing to worry.”

Did he just say whole city? Well, I can always destroy it can’t I?

[Conditions fullfiled. Gained title [Demon lord owner] ]

24