Ch. 5 – Meeting family
7.2k 9 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up surrounded by something warm. It was nice feeling that I didn’t know before. I felt safe while being embraced by this warmness. I opened my eyes and saw that I was lying on white webs, being hugged by the same giant spider from before. She was asleep so I decided to appraise her for the time being.

[Queen albino Tarantula lvl. 214 (weakened)]
[A spider species that evolved from albino Tarantula. It’s not battle oriented and it’s purpose is governing over a nest. It lays eggs periodicaly, and while it does it expends big amounts of energy. When it decides to lay an egg of albino, it uses so much of it's power that it goes into weakened state for a couple of years. It is said that all white spiders have royal blood and only them can evolve into queens. Danger rank: S]

Wait, where are the statistics that I have? Why is there only description of the species? Also, what the hell is with this spider’s level. Just how long it had to live and how many enemies it had to kill to get that strong.

There was also something that I couldn’t overlook. It was albino Tarantula just like me, and the species description said that all white spiders have royal blood. Since I didn’t see any white tarantulas earlier maybe I am somehow connected to her?

I wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings for a moment, but when I looked at her again I saw her staring at me. I wasn’t feeling uncomfortable, and snuggled closer to bask in this comfortable feeling she was giving me.

[Hello my child]

Wow, the voice in my head again, but this time it was different. It didn’t sound mechanical at all. I could also tell that it comes from her. Wait, her child? Is she my mother?

[Yes my dear, I am your mother]

Wow again, she read my thoughts. And what’s with that development, first finding myself in abandoned cabin, then struggling to stay alive and now meeting my mother. I mean, why wasn’t it the other way around? Wasn’t I supposed to be born near her?

[I know this is confusing for you, so I will explain everything after we eat something.]

Okay, actually thinking about this I was pretty hungry, and I lost the meat of the bird in my battle earlier. I went with my newfound mother to a place where all preys of the spiders living in this nest were and I was amazed at how much meat they managed to gather. What was most surprising that there were snakes between other monsters, and the crows were rather numerous.

My mother was strong, but a whole nest was on different level. When I was looking around my mother grabbed one of the snakes from the pile and after peeling the scales she laid it before me. Receiving permission to eat I immediately dug in. It wasn’t good but was definitely better than the bird I ate earlier.

I was engrossed in eating and I didn’t see that a horde of spiders surrounded us. When I finally lifted up my head I saw them and gawked in surprise.

[They are observing their princess.]

What, who is a princess? My mother is a queen and I am… wait. My mother is a queen so does that make me a princess? I am a princess of spiders? Now that is what I call unexpected development. Looking at it logically, when I attacked the humans they were kind of hesitant to kill me, and were just trying to immobilize me. I mean why would they aim at my legs with a gun when they could just kill me. This must have been because they saw I am albino spider.

After finishing my meal, I climbed on my mother’s back and laid there. It was pretty comfy and I felt safe from the stares of all the spiders. Somehow I didn’t feel comfortable in all this crowd. Seeing that they had no hope of observing me the spiders went and started eating themselves and to my big surprise, the giant cluster of monster bodies disappeared in couple of minutes.

My mother was still eating, she finished a whole snake herself and then proceeded to eat mine that I couldn’t finish. She sure ate a lot, but with her big body and weakened status I wasn’t surprised that she needed a lot of nutrients. I was curious about her weakened state, but it was probably because she laid my egg not too long ago.

I was starting to feel sleepy again, even in my house earlier I felt only partly safe so my sleep wasn’t as deep as I would want it to be. Now that I had someone to look after me, I could relieve all of my cumulated stress and tiredness. 

My dreams were strange, I felt like I met someone in them. A person, human that was speaking something to me. He looked angry and tried to step on me, but I dodged. He then grabbed something and threw it at me and to my surprise it was able to hit me. Then I felt pain, not from the thing that hit me but from something entirely else. It was in my head, that felt like it would explode. Seas of information were coursing through my brain and I couldn’t make any sense of them. Then I lost my consciousness.

I woke up again, dazed from the strange dream, not knowing where I was. When I found myself still on my mother’s back I was relieved. I still felt the pain from that dream. It was too realistic to be just my imagination, something like that probably happened.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Mental resistance lvl. 2] ]

This again? Was this dream some sort of attack? Or did someone just try to mess with my head. It was just my mother there so I doubted that something would be able to attack me so what happened? Suddenly I felt movement from my mother, she lifted me from her back and laid before her.

[I think it’s time to give you some explanations.]

161