Ch. 13 – But why a rabbit?
5.4k 10 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was kind of depressing, yup, never delving into monster nests again. When I woke up I was crushed, but I had to get over it if i wanted to continue my adventure. I might have done something bad, but this is the circle of life, the strong eat the weak, that’s how it goes. Wait, but I am not strong?

But I did have pretty easy time with the mice so maybe I’ve gotten stronger? Well, I had perfect opportunity to test it, since I have found another enemy. My mysterious adversary that took my legs was back again, and it was sneaking in the grass, waiting for me to enter.

Not this time fool! Now I had a method to make you fight fair and square! I made the longest thread possible, a temporary weapon to start this fight and fired of [Thread slash]. As expected it cut everything in it’s way, and even the thick grass was soon gone.

What I didn’t expect was that my enemy would jump up to avoid my swing, and what surprised me even more was that I’ve meet similar monster before.

[Hell rabbit lvl. 13]
[Monster created by dungeon master. Nothing is known about it, except for the fact that it is bloodthirsty monster that will attack everything it sees. Danger rank: unknown]

I think this particular dungeon master might have taken a liking to rabbits, or is just a master of unfunny jokes. Well, I have no time to ponder, since it charged straight at me, however, I could see it this time, and that meant I could dodge.

Maybe I am slower than this rabbit, but I have laid a lot of traps in the area, so it couldn’t make thoughtless moves. At least that is what I though, but it ran right trough my webs, destroying them without a glance, then it bit into my leg and ripped it off.

Come on! You are just a weak rabbit, stop taking my legs every time we meet! Now you’ve done it, I won’t let myself be humiliated by a plushie, you’re so dead now.

It couldn’t escape fast enough when I activated my second thread technique [Omnidirectional slash] and it took full damage from it. Blood spewed from its skin, but I failed to cut all the way through. Damage was certainly big, but I hoped for one hit kill. It was probably impossible to hit it now, because it saw my skills.

Its movement changed, it wasn’t running straight at me now. It was running in circles, ready to dodge everything I had to offer. I decided that staying in place would be a bad idea, so I jumped right at him, wielding two sticky thread balls with my front legs.

I wasn’t able to hit it directly, but I was close. It suddenly changed its movement pattern when I almost got him. It tried to charge at me, but I predicted his move and jumped into air. Nearly in the same moment, the rabbit went right under me with terrifying speed. Okay, another [Omnidirectional slash]!

It cut the rabbit, but the wound was too shallow since it escaped from the effective range. The good thing about omnidirectional slash, was that it really was omnidirectional, and it could hit everything in close vicinity no matter if it was under, above or behind me.

It was stronger if used on two dimensional plane, but if I didn’t know where my enemy was, using normal version was the best choice. My enemy was bleeding heavily, but showed no signs of collapsing. It was tenacious, but I was even more!

[Slash][Slash][Slash] I was firing my skills freely at him, not concerned about the fatigue they were causing. This rabbit was my stepping stone on the way to getting stronger. I had to defeat it if I wanted to prove that I am able to conquer this dungeon.

Some of my swings hit my target, but none dealt serious damage. I was dodging the attacks by predicting them beforehand, but I couldn’t deal with them all. I got many scratches on me, but in contrast to my enemy, none of them were bleeding except for the place where my ripped leg was.

The longer the fight was going, the more blood rabbit would lose, and with this, more health points. With a favor like that, I continued unleashing slashes with my web and then barely dodging its attacks. It definitely wasn’t easy task but it was manageable.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Prediction lvl. 3] ]

Hello there, I will gladly welcome everything that has some correlation to dodging so thanks for coming. For some time now, I realized that I wasn’t just randomly swinging my web, whilst sometimes throwing techniques. It was probably effect of
[Thread mastery], but every one of my attacks was subconsciously planned, and executed with as low movement as possible.

It felt like my thread was extension of my body, and I could freely manipulate how it moves. It was just illusion, but still my control of my attacks was very good if I could say that. I probably couldn’t defeat an experienced thread user in a fair fight, but it was enough for me.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Thread mastery lvl. 4] ]

Speaking of the devil, here comes an upgraded version. In an instant I felt my movements improving, decreasing my stamina usage and increasing accuracy. The battle was going in my favor, even though I was down to half hp.

Suddenly the rabbit vanished from my sight, and then I felt a strong kick from my underside. I was launched in the air while cringing in pain. That plushie had another trick in its sleeve. In the blink of an eye it was above me, taking a broad swing with its rear paw, and them pummeling me to the ground.

I was pretty sure my health reached zero at this point, but somehow, I was still alive. I looked at the rabbit, it was swaying heavily from the loss of blood. It was the moment to finish it. I would if I could, but by legs refused to listen to me.

I could barely move, but the rabbit was the same. We were both immobile, looking at each other, trying to muster enough strength to finish each other.

Suddenly, it happened. A small light appeared around me, and I felt a small amount of strength flow into my body. My skill [Surpass limits] activated giving me temporary boost. This was why I was superior than other monsters, with the existence of skills, and the fact that I could use them there was no way i could be defeated.

Mustering all of my strength I unleashed a single [Slash].

137