Ch. 14 – The system is bugged
5.3k 11 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oww! That was dangerous. I think I blacked out for a moment. I was surrounded in something, and after some wriggling to get out of it I discovered it was my peeled skin again. I leveled up, regenerating from taken damage. This meant that I succeeded in defeating the bunny.

Weapons sure are strong, if not for my thread techniques, I wouldn’t be able to restrain the rabbit at all, which I had to do before using my only damage source which was poison. This rabbit just ripped all of my webs and demolished my traps without even sparing them a glance.

Maybe it was a boss of this floor? It was certainly strong, and I don’t think that there will be more of them here. Let’s take a look at it’s body first, and then think about it. I searched for a bit, for a place where it died, but I couldn’t find the body.

I searched through the whole clearing, but all I’ve found was something small in a pool of blood. When I got the closer look, the things lying in the pool were just two small crystals. I tried touching one, and it stuck to my hand like it was glued. Then it started shinning and after a second it disappeared.

[Obtained skill [Water walking] ]

Whaaat!! Why did a crystal like that was just lying here? Did the rabbit drop them? This was the perfect skill I needed to cross the lake, and it just happened to drop from one of my enemies? Or was I actually supposed to beat this one before moving on? Was it actually a floor boss?

Let’s try touching the second crystal. The procedure was exactly the same and the skill I gained was
[Sonic step]. When I appraised it, I realized that this skill was the reason why rabbit was so fast. The skill function was to put a lot of power into a single step to create explosively fast movement.

One could do it normally, but with a skill, the power was increased beyond normal capabilities. I tried using it instantly of course, because I wanted that speed a lot, but soon I was dejected.

This skill was just not meant for a spider. When I used it, the power in my step was enough to penetrate the ground and instead of moving forward I effectively immobilized myself. Skills like that can only be classified as useless for me.

But this bunny sure was strong. It’s kind of bad for me that I can’t see stats of my enemies because they don’t have them. Skill that would estimate strength of a monster and then put it into numbers would be super useful. Hey system guy, can’t you give me a skill like that?

[System request recorded. Signature recognized. Creating this skill will use moderate amount of energy. Do you want to proceed?]

WHAT WAS THAT? What signature? I can create skills? WHY!? And why didn’t I hear about that earlier? I wanted so many skills, and yet the voice stayed silent each time I though about them. Give me this skill, I need to test this feature.

[Proceeding…]
[Obtained skill [Greater appraisal] ]
[Energy procured from experience value, reduced level from 8 to 1]

This was too much for me. Why did I even have level eight from just one monster? And why did it all go down by creating a skill. Why was I even able to do that? Am I a god or something, since it's their responsibility to manage the system?

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Prediction lvl. 4] ]

It can’t be true! Why would I be here if I was a god? I am not a god! But why did system recognize the signature? I don’t even have one! Not thai I know what it is. I think my brain is going to fry again. Hey, if you are so generous, give me the skill that can alleviate my pain.

[Blocked.]

What is this? I don’t even care anymore. This system was bugged to the core, I din’t know the gods that created it but these guys seriously did a sloppy work there. I didn’t hear a thunder in the distance at all, it was my imagination.

Time to shut down my brain and move forward. All difficult things can be saved for later, because now I had new floor to explore. I reached the lake with the stairs, and then tried out my new skill. It was amazing, I could literally walk where I was pushed by waves before.

It stopped being fun after a few seconds, because I saw what was in water under me. A lot of slightly human looking, but covered with green scales and having fish tails instead of legs creatures were swimming in water while looking at me greedily.

I didn’t know spiders could get goose bumps, but I definitely got them. I fell into panic and started running towards the stairs. Nothing attacked me, but I was too scared to notice I was safe. What would happen if I tried swimming through?

It was a very good thing that I got the water walking skill. Thank you, you horrible rabbit. Stairs this time were made from stone, and were climbing towards sky-like ceiling.

I took a deep breath, and then started marching forward.

137