Ch. 17 – Another boss
4.9k 4 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few seconds later, I saw another rabbit running at me in the same manner as the previous one. This time however I ignored it thinking that it was just an illusion and would pass through me, like my web did pass through it before.

My surprise when I got hit by the rabbit was immeasurable. So was this illusion floor or actually not? I quickly collected myself and fired web slash at my enemy, but again it just took it head on and dissolved into mist. Is this another joke? Do you want to just annoy me or confuse me to death?

My brain was working on full throttle to just think about some possible explanations, but nothing came to my mind. Now was the time for another boulder, and this time instead of dodging I slashed at it. It actually made sense when it disappeared after being hit, but it still didn’t solve my problem of being stuck here.

Now for the next experiment lets try jumping on another rock when it appears, which will happen in a second. Yup, it feels perfectly solid, so why does it dissolve when hit? I couldn’t understand the mechanism behind it at all.

All I can tell that everything here is a perfect, touchable illusion.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Illusion resistance lvl. 1] ]

So I was actually right. But what now, do I just run forward while slashing at everything that comes at me? This definitely would be tiring so if possible, I would want to avoid that. Now it’s the mouse that is running at me.

But something is different. This time it doesn’t seem that perfect, because I could see a slight blur on the approaching mouse. Is this the effect of my resistance? I don’t know if it helps but at least I will be able to confirm that everything here is not real.

Wait, why I can see the blur on the floor and the walls too? It was very slight, but it was definitely a sign of an illusion. So this was the answer? I was just stuck in an never ending illusion, that was full of obstacles that were supposed to hurt me?

But now that I know the trick, I can easily get out of here. Before when I slashed boulders and monster they dissolved into the mist, so what would happen if I cut everything?
[Omnidirectional slash] Activate!

In less than a moment everything disappeared. I suddenly found myself in a black space, but it was just for a moment, because soon a giant room made of stone appeared. Behind me I could see stairs leading down, and on the other side were ones leading to the next floor.

The problem was the thing between the stairways. I was actually expecting another rabbit, but this time it was something that at least looked like a boss. Not that it reassured me. I was scared to fight this thing.

He seemed strangely human like, and yet he was no human. His face was lacking muscles, but the skin remained looking dried and stretched. The rest of his body was covered in black robes and his head was mostly hidden behind a hood, so the face was the only feature I could see.

And I regretted I could, even though I was a spider, the sight of a human face looking like that was terrifying. Wait again, it’s terrifying that’s true, but is it real? Everything so far on this floor was an illusion, so why this one would have to be real?

Courage swelled up inside of me when I assumed that my enemy was another illusion. I grabbed my thread, and took a stance to send my slash at it. It was probably one of my strongest attacks so far, even being only the first ability from the skill. I poured the most resources I could into it, and was quite proud of the power it packed, even if it was just to dispel illusion.

But then my heart shattered. Why you ask? That’s because my thread was caught by the skeleton man. It was powerful you know? It could slice the rabbit boss in one hit, so what are you doing catching it like that? Are you insane? This thread slash was my strongest attack so far in my life, so tell me just why didn’t you just take it?

I don’t care about you wanting to survive! I just want to reach the top and get stronger so stay there obediently and let me kill you! What are you doing? What is that giant fireball? Are you going to shoot this thing at me? I think I’ll pass.

I jump into run, speeding around the monster and I tried to appraise it while I was close, but somehow it failed. It simply didn’t produce any result like the monster didn’t even exist, but that was impossible after seeing how it caught my attack.

It didn’t move from place so my traps would be useless, and he definitely used fire, so my threads would probably just burn away. I had to find a way to defeat it, or find an opportunity to escape. Thinking about it, weren’t the stairs just on the other end of this room?

I mean the skeleton didn’t move from one place, so I could just run around and dodge his fireballs while going in a way of my exit. As I was realizing my plan, just as I covered about half of the distance something hit me, and it wasn’t a fireball.

I had no idea what it could be, so I guessed I was kind of screwed.

 


I'm kinda sick and out of energy to edit this, so I'll do it later if I remember

108