Chapter 22: And just like that I realized I am dark elven royalty
2.7k 22 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22: And just like that I realized I am dark elven royalty

“So you’re headed towards the elves to unite them so you can go to war against humanity, you are certainly interesting but I do believe they have been in power for far too long.”

“Yes I am cleaning up Lythalia’s mess”

“But first before you go to the elves’ nation you have to visit the dark elves. You’ll have even more success convincing them first”

“Ah, you’re right”

“I just met you kids and I am already going to miss you”

“Don’t worry Grandmother we will drop by when things have settled down”

“Grandmama I will bring souvenirs for you when I come back here!”

“Such cute children, and Shen make sure you-“

“Please don’t ask that of me honestly”

“Seems she is still shy, Yukiyo I trust you will do the deed when the time comes?”

“Of course she is mine after all”

“My sister has grown up to be a fine woman, she’ll make a fine wife. Let’s share her together Yuki-chan”

“Sure”

“Elder sister I demand you seal your mouth before I do it myself”

“You’re so adorable when you are threatening me”

“As you……..if I recall you are Edmond’s daughter are you not?”

“You knew my father?”

Notte appeared surprised as she heard her father’s name being mentioned by Shen’s mother who seemed to have a familiar gaze cast down on her.

“Yes I knew him, he wanted my alliance but failed because of my husband. However I am quite sure you have succeeded in where he failed, you’re rather lucky that you passed that dark elf’s path or maybe it is fate itself.”

“Indeed, I shall depend on you in the future Your Majesty”

“Likewise”

“Now then let’s make a trip down the dark elven kingdom!”

“Thank you for accepting us Grandmother”

“Even though we are of a different race than you”

“I am very accepting, you are all adorable children in the end.”

She patted the Fenrir brothers who smiled at her doing so. Odin was drifting his gaze elsewhere as Wynter and Sev were now discussing about what this could mean for their respective nations. Both of the sisters hugged their mother who cried a little after not seeing them for a very long time before waving goodbye to the sisters once more and now focusing on reconstructing the obelisk that was just destroyed by Shen.

The dark elven kingdom of Sinoharl had been in distress over the last few months, reason being that the Queen who had ruled the nation alone had died under an illness not even she could cure and her daughter Selanis hadn’t returned from her journey of strength yet. Everything from meetings with the elder council members to daily management of the nation had fallen onto Mist’s hands, initially she wanted to go with Selanis on her journey because she would escape her duties as the person who would manage the nation when something bad happened but the Queen knew that to be the case and decided to make her stay via order. And behold the Queen died due to her illness and left the nation in her hands, there were stacks of stacks of documents that needed to be signed by her, things that needed to be checked before she just ok’ed it and approval stamps for things that needed to be done. This was hell. Not only her desk but also the surrounding area was filled with similar documents, when things looked like they would finally let up another set would appear from out of nowhere thus continuing her despair. 

“I have the ring to take away my fatigue but that doesn’t mean I don’t need a little form of rest do I?”

She muttered to herself with her face down on the desk, she could take a nap here if she wanted to probably sleep for days if she removed the ring but worked needed to be done and she was the only capable of doing it. The rest were either focused on keeping the barrier up, training the forces, managing the agriculture or trading with different nations excluding their elven kin on the other side of the barrier. Mist Sinoharl had the same white hair as the Queen had which was tied into a ponytail which was seemingly messy in nature, her tired violet eyes had eye bags beneath them and dressed in the uniform of a military general, if not for her breasts it would be completely normal to mistaken her for a man that was how unattractive Mist was at least to herself, others found her charming to which she would insult them directly and give them a fair punch to the chin.

Mist stopped to look around for a moment this room was a mini library of sorts with numerous kinds of books of varying levels of genre. She used to come in here with her little sister whom she left the throne for, she honestly thought it would be easier if she just left to her and be the vague general who would do stuff and relay her duties to her subordinates when war came Mist would place herself away from the frontlines despite being very skilled at swordsmanship. It was the perfect plan and yet the Queen her mother decided that was the dumbest thing she had ever thought of and placed her in a difficult position. 

“I just want to rest already…….”

“Lady Mist!!”

“Hmm?”

The door flung open as one of the knights entered the room, her face was written with absolute joy and she didn’t know why. Mist’s head was still on the desk and waved at her to continue speaking.

“Great news!”

“Did we finally convince the humans we are not evil monsters who worship the evil gods?”

“No…”

“Oh wait wait don’t tell me, we finally managed to talk with the elves and they have accepted us and are sending someone down to help us with some stuff!”

“No…..”

“I am drained out hit me with the news, I am done being delusional now”

“Your sister Selanis has returned from her journey of strength”

“WHAT?!”

This was more than just great news it was the best news that Mist had ever heard, she was happy that her sister came back and wanted to meet her right now. Now she’ll hand over the duty of being the standing queen and go back to a life of luxury.

“Where is she?Did she go into her room already to rest or something?”

“N-No your sister, it appears she has a slight case of amnesia and doesn’t really know who she is”

“Ah….there’s always a catch huh?”

“Not only that but…..you just have to see for yourself”

“Stop giving me the shivers, I guess I will take your word for it”

Mist got up from the desk and fixed herself appearing to be a very competent leader, she wore her coat and started walking towards the location where her sister was currently staying in.

The room in particular was the guest room which was used for the royalty of other nations, it was fairly large and it was decorated in ornaments that the jewels that the dark elven miners and jewelers were fairly skilled. First impressions mattered and if you gave off the aura of an important person people will respect you in a likewise fashion. It felt serene, the hallways were decorated by paintings and ever changing mirrors that showed different parts of the dark elven kingdom. Mist wondered why her sister chose to go to the guest room instead of her room but then she remembered she had some sort of amnesia. She opens the door and sees her sister, as a result of the person she saw her face tenses up and skews into an even more serious expression. Selanis radiated an aura of power, she was different in nearly every way Mist felt like Selanis could carry the entire world on her shoulders and not break a sweat that is how intense she felt. Beside her were two dragons in humanoid form, her eyes could tell because of the auras they carried. The two beasts of the room were of a divine nature, the single human in the room was none other than the famous Sage, the twin children had the same aura as the obvious Demon King’s daughter. This room was filled with big wigs, it was very much a headache.

“My little sister you have certainly gone all over the world, hell I don’t even recognize you.”

“………I do apologize I am not the little sister that you were looking for”

“But you are though.”

“If I am your little sister then does she do the following: placing the bed close to the wall, drinking something early in the morning, eating at unusual times and being an night owl!”

“?Selanis those are things you do alright, every last bit of them. You even speak the same way you always do too, quit this acting already”

“…..So…..this body was me in…..another world?”

“Seems so”

“What incredible luck pfffffft…”

The ones beside her seemed to laugh and Mist wanted to join in too but she had to keep her composure.

“Just so you forgot, you are the next in line for the throne and everyone is happy to see you alive. Even more with powerful allies that will make us stand out in front of the world.”

“…..Alright”

“You are still so adorable c’mere give your big sister a hug”

Mist opens up her arms with a soft expression on her face with Selanis hugging her back with a confused look on her face.

“Could I change my name?”

“Sure, but it has to be something cute”

“How about Yukiyo?”

“Heh, adorable. I can finally rest easy both in terms of work and knowing well that you were safe all along”

Mist could see the rest of the people here smiling warmly before bursting into loud laughter which she ended up doing as well.

“Alright then introduce me to your friends”

“This is my wife”

“Don’t mind her, I am Shen daughter of the Dragon King”

“Eh?Oh, oh I get it. You are certainly a crafty one, great choice by the way”

“Ohhh I know right?”

“Haaaaaaaaa the sister is as idiotic as Yukiyo”

“I am Setsu, Shen’s older sister please I hope we get along just fine sister-in-law”

“Same here.”

“Could you three stop being idiots for a second?”

Mist was already getting used to the atmosphere and it seemed that her sister had made some great allies to have around with it softening and becoming more friendly than the moment she entered here.

“These are my wonderful children (adopted)”

“A-Already?!”

“Not in that way but soon with Shen though, her mom gave me the tips of a spell that can-OUCH!”

“I said shut up about that, and no I am not going to do it with you. What a fool”

Shen hit Yukiyo at the back of the head with her face getting red which made Mist smile even more.

“Hello auntie Mist!”

“Pleased to meet you Aunt”

She wanted to ask how they knew her name but her sister Yukiyo must’ve already told them about her. She hugs the two children who appear to look nothing like their mother.

“How adorable.”

“Thank you!”

“Much gratitude”

“I will take you both to the library and the castle arena it will be so much fun”

“We too are Mother’s children”

Mist made her gaze go to the large wolves in the room which made her want to take a double take but she had to treat them like the children she was talking to hear.

“Nice to meet you, I’ll take you guys as well”

““REALLY?!””

“Of course”

“I am Geri nice to meet ya”

“And I am Freki pleased to meet you”

She had to maintain the same “auntie” vibe with these wolves, did she raise these??

“I am Severn Magnolia and I am following the path of strength that teacher has set for me pleased to make your acquaintance. I will inform the kingdom of Falenis to cooperate when we have talked with the elves”

“Understood”

“Likewise here. I am Notte Dämmerungskill, the current Demon Lord. I shall aid this nation that my master is queen in”

Yup these were the big shots whose names and appearances were very well known. How she made progress with them Mist didn’t know but she was glad there was more national security.

“I am Odin, a being created by my Lord Yukiyo-sama I shall serve this nation she rules over as well.”

“I am Wynter Grimsvile, daughter of the Grimsvile Empire. I am a knight under my Lord Yukiyo-sama as well pleased to make your acquaintance Lady Mist”

The undead seemed to carry an authoritative air about him and the beastkin was actually another big shot, just how many people in the big league was she collecting here. She had to nod her head but this was getting ridiculous what had happened to Yukiyo for her to suddenly gain the trust and power of entire nations?She couldn’t answer that but she knew things were going to be busy for a while.

Yukiyo had no words for the things that were going to happen right now, she was attending her own inauguration. Everyone was dressed in formal clothes and the news had travelled to the nation she had associated herself with, shock ran through the Marquis’s face when he heard directly from the Dark Matter that told him and Matt-kun fell from the throne laughing to death this was too amusing to him. She wore a dress of jet black created by the Dark Matter maids who had suddenly flooded the room coming from the Dark Matter universe. Shen was forced to wear a dress too because she was going to be officially known as Yukiyo’s beloved whether she liked it or not, she folded her arms as the Dark Matter stylists did Yukiyo’s makeup.

“This actually doubles as a wedding and a crowning so its a plus for me”

“I cannot believe you actually did this”

“Heh, I had to take advantage of that and I did”

“Of all the….”

“Don’t worry, I know you are secretly happy inside”

“Ugh”

Shen’s dress was initially white but she hated the color and opted for the same watery blue color as her scales, she looked gorgeous and Yukiyo wanted to say some pretty embarrassing things to her but she had to restrain herself.

“Fine, I’ll respect your wish……for now”

“I hate you, you know that”

“You love me and you know it”

“This stupid little human”

Even if they didn’t do a wedding right now, it would be official that the Dragon Queen’s daughter was the betrothed of the dark elf queen. The Dark Matter stylists were done and now Yukiyo was ready to go out there into the world, she made sure she suppressed her aura so the people wouldn’t be afraid of her. She walked down the red carpet linking her right arm with Shen’s as the knights of the dark elven kingdom raised their ceremonial swords into the air, everyone she knew were right behind her. The trumpets were blasted for all to hear as the people cheered zealously for their new queen who managed to return back alive. The elders waited near the throne with gentle smiles on their faces which made Yukiyo all the more uncomfortable because initially this body she absorbed for herself was supposed to become queen not her but she decided to roll with it, fate pulled in strange threads and linked them together. Everyone took their seats and with the help of the Dark Matter this was being broadcasted to the respective allied nations.

“We are here today for a special event, our young princess whom we knew to be a special kind of girl has returned and with power as well. She has returned a woman fit to rule this nation. May her rule last for an eternity”

『Well that is not at all surprising is it? Knowing Lythalia she probably set this up as well to make things easier, I’ll console you by giving you the memories of the girl in question Your Highness』

“Please Sophia do”

Sophia transferred the memories of Selanis who had died in the forest and was near Yukiyo’s location. If she hadn’t reached it any sooner then she wouldn’t have the life she had today, but now she had her memories which were essentially her soul. She smiled as the crown was placed on her head with the Fenrirs and twins crying, Shen’s mother was also shedding tears as well as her daughter was finally recognized as married in her eyes. She stood up for a moment and it was now for her to speak to her nation. Yukiyo in her previous life was never good at speeches but Selanis’ training helped her here and made it much easier.

“I thank you all for coming today. It is a honor to be made leader for you all, I maybe a clumsy wild card with no control whatsoever but I wish to make a world where humans, elves, dark elves, beastkin and demons as well as other demihuman races live together in peace. Even if it means blood shall be shed its for peace. I swear on the Goddess Lythalia I will bring order to the world. Thank you for listening to my words”

The crowd made a great roar of excitement as they heard her words with Yukiyo finally sitting on the throne and smiling with happiness she got given such a crazy life.

69