Chapter 29: Family gathering (part 1)
1.8k 14 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In chapter 26, Alina said that she was sent by Yuki, who was awake to let Avera lived for a bit longer. That was a lie, well, kinda. Yuki wasn't awake at that time yet, Alina borrowed her name according to previously made orders off-screen, to put a delay to Avera's execution. This is done so that Yuki can get to the girl beneath Castle Itter, the reason will be explained in chapter 29 and 30.

 

It's the evening of the same day that I wake up. Right now, I'm being flanked by my mom, Hel, and Bryn. Mom is busy checking my pulse, her hand softly glows a golden light. While Bryn is busy cutting a few pieces of apples, shaping them up like rabbits. As for me, I lay still while resting my back on the cushioned headboard.

After a minute or two, mom opens her eyes while her hands now rest on mine.

"You're all fine and dandy now, my daughter. Whatever the Mother Goddess did, it also patched up any sequelae that remained from your injury. Nonetheless, I will have to keep a close eye on you. After all, you did receive a divinity all of a sudden."

"Yes, mom!" I accepted with a bright smile. "It's been a while since we all spent time with each other. I've been missing you all a lot so let's use this chance to have a family gathering."

Mom and Bryn smile warmly at my words. It's at this moment that we hear a knock on the door before it's opened. The newcomer is my mama, Lucifer but we always like to call her Lu.

Mama chuckles at the heartwarming sight of us gathering around my bed. She steps inside the room, opting to pull a chair next to the left side of the bed, next to Bryn. Unable to contain my excitement, I point at my eye for mama to see.

"Mama, look at my new eye. Does it look cool?" I show it off like a girl that just received a new doll.

Usually, I'm not one to be this excited. Yet, you must understand that although I was reincarnated and only regained my memory a couple of months ago. I still have the memory and feelings that the previous me made with my new family. Meaning, I can and will treasure every single moment I have with them. It has always been my dream to have a big family, after all.

Mama looks at my golden eye with a gentle smile. She puts a hand near my eyelid, putting away a loose strand of grey hair. I lean into her palm, allowing her to caress my cheek. The nostalgic warmth emanating from her palm wipes away the last bit of my mental fatigue. Mama then asks concernedly.

"Does it still hurt?"

Shaking my head, I reply. "Yggdra makes sure that it wasn't painful, nevertheless, the rush of information that I gleaned from the eye was a bit much. Though she did say that if I harness it regularly, I will get used to it in no time."

Mama chuckles wryly. "You're the only one that I know of that can call the Mother Goddess by her name like that."

Tilting my head, I say. "What do you mean? In case you didn't know, Yggdra would actually like you to call her on a familiar basis. After all, with me being in your care, she would very much like to get to know you all better. It's boring being the only one inside the tree."

My revelation stumps them for a bit with Bryn almost cutting herself in the finger.

"Wait, you mean that she will, one day, descend again just to have a talk with us?" Bryn questioned uneasily. It's easy for me to guess her fear.

"Umu. Yggdra said she will spend time with our family when she is done doing something that I requested. And don't worry, she is not blaming any of you for me being hurt. As a matter of fact, this injury only helps facilitate me receiving my Divinity." I explained, soothing the worries of my moms and Bryn.

Though I notice that mom is having a fervor look in her eyes. 

"Can you believe that, Lu?! The Mother Goddess will soon pay our home a visit! Oh dear, I can't quite imagine what to do! Should I cook a feast to welcome her? Never mind, she may not be interested in useless formality, maybe something homely will do? And once she is comfortable, should I ask some questions, or rather, should I share tales about Yuki's childhood?"

And there she goes to the deep end... Mama, Bryn, and I sweatdrop at the sight of her mumbling at lightning speed. I know that mom is the current Pope of the Yggdrasil Pantheon, yet, for her to show such fanatism is a very rare occurrence. I guess she is that excited, being a Goddess herself that holds Divinities over Life and Death.

Pulling her hand into mine, I calm mom down so that we can continue with the discussion. "Mom, it's too early to do anything, you know. Yggdra will be busy for a while with the requests I made. For now, I think it's more important for you to listen to my story."

Mom stops to take a deep breath, my words successfully pulled her back to the present. Lu and Bryn chuckle at her antics from before, yet, they are all giving me their utmost attention, waiting for me to share everything. Nonetheless, concerns are written all across their faces.

Mama speaks up first. "Yuki, it's fine to not have this discussion if you're uncomfortable with it." She turns to look at the rest. "The little family we have here, well, we all trust you unconditionally. You need not explain anything to us, you know?"

Mama, mom, and Bryn, all give me a reassuring nod. This only fuels my desire to come clean with my plan for our nation. If they believe in me this much, it's only right for them to know everything I've cooked up so far.

"Thanks, mama. I really need to hear those words. Regardless, I've made up my mind. You're family, and you all deserve to know about this. Bryn has received a short rundown of it, after all." I stop, trying to sit up straighter than before.

"It all starts when..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having done saying everything that I could say, more than enough to convince my moms I hope, I await their response. It's quiet for a few seconds before mama suddenly breaks out in a good-natured laugh. As for mom, well, she is holding her head, groaning exasperatedly. Mama only stop to take a breath after 10 seconds, it seems like what she heard was that shocking.

"Ha... Ha... Girl, that was one hell of a thing that you said. Never have I thought that you will have such grand ambition. Though with me being the embodiment of all Seven Sins, it's a given that my daughter must aim for such a lofty goal." Lu commented with a proud smile. You can even see her amber eyes twinkle in amusement.

I smile. "Though we're not related by blood, you all raised me to be what I am today. I will stop at nothing just so that you can live unimpeded in peace."

Mama and Bryn share a look, nodding at my words. "That's a sentiment we all share. And judging from the reactions, it seems like Bryn already decided to join the wagon. I would be dumb not to back you up."

Mommy Hel, though, interjects with a worried look. "I hate to be the pessimistic here but as the more rational person in this family, I must say this. Are you all sure about this? What dear Yuki presented will push Belka to the forefront of the world, effectively plunging it into a never-ending state of war. Aside from Yuki, we all have been living long enough to know that it never ends well. No offense, daughter, but this is too high of a stake to discuss after you just woke up."

I chuckle with a shake of my head. "None taken, mom. In fact, we would love for you to be the calmer mind here. As you can see," I gesture grandly at myself, mama Lu, and Bryn. "We're all a bunch of hotheads when you see us all agreeing to a damn world domination plan."

Surprisingly, Bryn chuckles, agreeing with my comment. "That's true, what you're seeing in front of you is a Valkyrie of War, the Devil of Hell, herself, and the girl being raised by them. To say that we're hotheads is putting it mildly. Though with you having a Divinity over Death, it's also hard to say that you're the normal person in this household."

Everyone in the room giggle, knowing the absurdity that is our family. Finally, mom says.

"I truly can't leave you bunch alone for a second after hearing that. This means I will be responsible for monitoring you a lot in case things get out of hand." Mom gives a pointed look at mama, who raises her hands in surrender, knowing what she's about to say. "So more works for me and that means you must compensate well, darling~"

She continues, this time taking on a sterner look. "Joking aside, for you to discuss such a matter with us, means that you have a plan to back it up. Still, knowing you, you must have backups upon backups, no? So let's hear them."

Bryn inserts. "Before that though, let Yuki eats and drinks something. In fact, I think we all should since I have a feeling this will be a long one."

Mom claps her hand together. "That does remind me, I have had the kitchen prepare some nutritious porridges for us. With all the hustle and bustle lately, eating them would be much healthier than a full-course meal. In fact, it should be done in a few minutes." 

Mommy's words ring true, a light meal right now would be the best in my book. While waiting for the meal to arrive, we discuss some lighter topics. It's from this that I learn that I now have a little sister, adopted but still.

"I have a sister!?" I exclaimed in shock. Not the bad kind of shock, more like a pleasant surprise shock. Do you get what I mean?

Mama and Bryn chuckle at my reaction while mom lets out a wry smile. "My point exactly. I made the same face as Yuki is doing right now when this one," Mom starts pulling on mama's ear, to which mama lets out a tear in pain. "went behind my back and suddenly threw a new daughter in my embrace. I don't have her or anything but you could have discussed it with us in advance, you know?"

"But I want to surprise you all! Besides, Yuki has been wanting a sister to spoil for a while, she is the perfect candidate due to how small she is!"

I interject, hearing something that causes my interest. "Wait, so you mean I can hug her?"

Mama looks into my eyes, full of seriousness, she says. "Yes. Now you have a personal, glorified body pillow. Perfectly huggable, 11 out of 10 will hug again."

"Bloody Hell, I'm in." I acquiesced instantly to the fact that I now have a new sister. Nothing beats hugging a family member to sleep, especially when she is huggable. I and mama decide to ignore the facepalming sounds from Mommy and Bryn while we're gushing about my newfound sister. Now that I learn about it, mama has named her Ningyo and has described to me her appearance. I can't wait to meet her in person.

Soon after, dinner arrives in the shape of piping hot porridge. The tray is carried by a person I haven't seen in a long while.

"Sister Aponia!" I cheerfully greeted the buxom woman in nun clothing. Aponia kindly smiles before she helps the servants set up the table for all of us to eat.

Aponia was the headmistress for the orphanage that I was from, before being adopted by my family that is. She's a kind woman, one of not many words, and although she may talk in a cryptic manner, her words contain wisdom. As a matter of fact, even though she's a human, Aponia usually got mistaken for being an Angel. All because of her vibe that radiates the word holiness. It seems like she's finally accepted into the Pantheon, just like what she wished for all those time ago.

"Sister Aponia, has the Pantheon lived up to your expectation?" I received my bowl while asking that. I'm a bit curious about how far she much the former headmistress has progressed in her study.

Aponia kindly answered. "The Pantheon has answered all of my expectations, Princess. With their help, the orphanage has been renovated and is now a place of innocence and hope. As for myself, I've furthered my Discipline like never before. Now I only hope that my skill in it will be put to good use, one day."

I nod. "I'm glad to hear that. Just know this, once I settle everything, I will come to you for your help in the future." 

Knowing her innate ability, and her Discipline, I can't pass on the usefulness of having her under my employment.

Aponia bows, thanking me before excusing herself and the servants. "We hope that you all enjoy your meal."

I wave at them with a smile. Then, we start to enjoy the porridge, clearly prepared for a sick person. Although it's hospital food, it tastes absolutely great! All the more so when it's your mom that is spoon-feeding you with care. "Say ah~"

"Ah~" I opened my mouth to receive the warm porridge mixed with minced pork and vegetable. Tasted heavenly with the added love.

Mom keeps on feeding me like that while Bryn and mama gaze warmly at the scene. Truly, this is the life that I wouldn't trade for anything.

 

I hope you have fun reading! As usual, leave a like, comment, and review! If you spot a mistake, let me know down below. Send me some power stones if you're on Webnovel! Support me on Patreon, would you kindly? There are many tiers with different benefits depending on your budget! https://www.patreon.com/Heartbreak117

All the money made from Patreon will be used to ensure the quality of life of my sick mother and myself. To be more precise, it will be used to pay: Rent, first of all. Then water and electricity bills. If we have any surplus, we will use it to get for food, grocery, and medicine.

My goal is to get to 250$/month. By achieving that, I will be writing full-time! Help me achieve my dream, I beg of you! *Dogeza*

Current income: 3 Patrons with 58$/month without calculating taxes.

And a special thanks to my Patrons! Captain Quellec Captain Iverson, Sergeant Spiele. Without them, this wouldn't have been possible!

70