Chapter 1
128 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could feel the world rip and warp as I'm slingshotted into the cosmos. I'm rocketed through the stars crossing planets the size of our sun and leviathans that I can't fathom eating those planets with a single bite. I shatter through dimensions, breaking a hole through the multiverse until I see it.

A realm stretching across the stars with stone giants holding it up at by its root. I gaze upon the huge realm that is at least 3 times the size of earth. A huge pangea like landmass stretching from one edge of the void to the other, with oceans surrounding its side turning into waterfalls that flow into the starry abyss. 

I get a moment to take a breath in this new world as I slow down to a halt. I see mountain ranges and spiraling forests, I see huge cities and towers that pierce the sky. 

Then I see a loading bar which at this point is really just ruining my immersion.

 

[System initializing…]

3

2

1

[Welcome Host to

The Gacha Overlord System 

To finish the integration process please create a custom character.]

"The universe is just not gonna give me a break today huh". I let out a sigh as I try to figure out what exactly am I looking at here. 

All day today, at least I think it's been a day? I have been thrown around from one mind shattering revaluation into another, taking twists and turns, that at this point is becoming too much for my little heart to handle.

I didn't even get a chance to understand my own bodily situation. Right now I look like a wisp of my former self. Two arms, two legs, the general humanoid shape with no actual details.Just blue smoke particles that make up my existence. Trying to feel around my face with my hands, I realize I don't even have a nose right now. Your boy has gone full Voldemort and I didn't even get to see the boy who lived and has come to die. 

Bad Jokes aside, after meeting the God of Dreams, this is the first time I finally have a chance to breathe and organize my situation.

First things first

I'm dead, the faster I move on from that the better. The Leon of Earth is no more.

I've been chosen by the god of dreams to be an isekai protagonist. Seemingly I'm his candidate for The next person to reach godhood. Doesn't sound too bad but I don't know what kind of dangers that come with this type of position.

Lastly, I've been given a Gacha system that seems to be able to connect to the collective consciousness of human dreams and imagination. From my understanding that is currently being force fed into my soul at least. This seems to be a part of Big Dream daddys divinity and my main ticket into surviving and thriving wherever I end up.

Putting everything into its place in my mind, I mentally click to start on the character creation. 

[Name: ??? (Leon Lopez)]

[Race:TBD]

[Class: TBD]

[Archetype: TBD]

 

[Body:n/a]

[Mind:n/a]

[Soul: first shell mortal]

[Skills]

[Familiars]

[Gacha Servants]

It opens up to a black and gold screen. The custom character model of my current self on the right side. Looking at it everything seems pretty empty, with all the TBD pulsing and waiting for my attention. I start from the top and try to select a race.

Human

Elf

Dwarf

Dragonborn

Gnome

Ect…

I'm immediately overwhelmed as hundreds of different races and subspecies for each race pop in and out at the massive and still growing list. I try my best to see if I can gain control and filter through the options. As soon as I focus my mind into the list, everything stops and I feel the very space around me lockdown as a prompt appears in front of me.

[Host]

[The Gotcha Overlord system operates off of the principle of randomness and fate. Much like a dream you can not control, its very essence is fueled by the chaos and ego of the human mind. A guided message from your subconscious that understands you better than you'll ever understand yourself. The Gacha Overlord system operates on the very same principle. If you're destined to have something or meet someone, Fate will bring you together. Otherwise enjoy the constant change and embrace the chaos. For that is what makes you truly free.]

"Well that's not ominous at all." I mumbled to myself. As I tried to digest its meaning. A small glowing wheel appears with an icon to spin at the bottom, breaking me out of my musings. On the wheel are some of the races I saw earlier, with others flashing in and out of existence. I take a moment to calm myself and press on the spin spin button. It spins a couple times. No noise or jingle, just the weight of the wheel spinning around till it lands on gold and green tile with runes carved all over it. 

[Wood Elf]

[ Born from the blood of a sacred beast fae, they are the children of the forest. Wood Elves are blessed by nature's bounty making them excellent hunters, shamans, herbalists. They are distinguished by their looks of beauty and an untamed nature. Making the greatest of friends and deadly enemies.] 

"Huh, maybe not my first choice but not too shabby overall." I mumbled, then as if sensing the calm and deciding that I've had enough time to breathe. A kaleidoscope of colors breaks out from the wheel and consumes me. Green and gold latch onto my being, giving me substance. My skin is formed and a smooth light oak color, a creamy brown with darker undertones in some areas, covers my body. My hands elongate to give me more slender and dexterous fingers. Hair bundles up and falls around my neck, a platinum blonde that seems to shine. It has a smooth and silky texture but with thick and sturdy wool like endurance. I feel my ears just pop out the side of my head. A sensitivity comparable to the palms of my hands. Sharp, and with a lot of motor control to move and hear different sounds. I bring up my hands to my face and feel new sharp features. My jaw angler and thin coming to a point. My cheekbones are smooth, giving me a softer look. And my nose is a dainty little thing that ends in a point. The system pops up giving me a look at my 3D model. 

"I look like some pretty boy with a soft face, and if I didn't know this was me I would assume to be a girl… wait a minute!" I look down and 

Realize now that I look like a person again. I am totally bareback naked.

My little brother now looks like something I would need a license to carry.

I stare at it and I swear it's staring right back at me. " I would have not minded a few more inches but this is just insane." I say exasperated. "It's cool to have a big dong and all but I feel like I could genuinely hurt somebody with this weapon of mass destruction." I give another sigh, which I feel like I've been doing a lot lately and I feel like it's not going to stop any time soon. I look up as the colors fade away and I'm left standing over the realm for a few more seconds before I hear the system again. 

[System integration completed]

[Beginning spawning now….]

"WhaaAAHHH" is all I could get out before I'm sucked down into the world and begin to plummet to the ground. At a faster speed than before, not even able to get a point of my location I am sucked into a pitch black forest and once again my conscience fades away.

4