Chapter 1
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo crossed his arms over his chest, avoiding meeting the eyes of the elevator operator as he was slowly carried up to the penthouse apartment. When the doors slid open, Leo walked hurriedly into the apartment, the back of his neck prickling at the elevator operator’s cold stare. Leo narrowly avoided running directly into a waiter walking by with a tray of hors d'oeuvres, hopping on one foot in a circle to dodge him. “Sorry!” He swiped the strange food he didn’t recognize and popped it in his mouth, before turning away from the waiter to search for Sky in the crowd. 

Sky stood in the corner of his own party, staring down at the flute of champagne in his hand, swirling it slightly.

"Yoooo!" He called out loudly, jogging towards him, attracting a few glares from some of Sky’s party guests. Leo clapped Sky on the shoulder solidly, spilling the champagne over his hand.

Sky glanced up at Leo, rolled his eyes down and up and finally back to his flute of champagne, "why are you in a suit?" He attempted to take a sip and grimaced when he found his glass was empty.

Leo laughed, “I’m already getting stares just being here and you want me to wear jeans?”

Sky’s eyebrows raised slightly, then he sent a glare towards some of the staring guests. Their whispers ceased as they turned away. Sky sighed, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have made you agree to come, it’s not really much of a party.” 

Leo put an arm around Sky’s shoulders and pulled him in tighter, squeezing slightly as Sky’s face flushed. “And leave you bored and alone at your own graduation party? Fat chance.”

A waiter came by, took Sky’s empty champagne flute, and handed him a new one. The waiter offered one to Leo as well but Sky barked a harsh, “No.”

The waiter tensed, going a bit pale, and hurried away as fast as he could without spilling anything.

Leo frowned, “I woulda said no, you didn’t have to worry about it,” 

“It’s better if I say no, they won’t think you’re rude.”

You don’t even care what these people think, why should I?” Leo shrugged, “I don’t really plan to make a habit of coming to these parties your dad throws, this’ll probably be the last time any of these people see me.”

Sky opened his mouth, then closed it and pursed his lips, “I guess you’re right.” Sky went to take a sip then sighed and lowered the glass without drinking, “I was also just worried,” Sky admitted, “You're less than 10 months sober.”

“I’m almost 10 months sober, Sky, remember to be positive.”

Sky snorted, “Right, right, my bad almost 10 months sober.”

Leo beamed a bright smile and Sky returned a soft one back, cheeks a little pink.

1