Chapter 8
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jade didn’t have a blade but still when he met Sky’s sword there was a flash of sparks and the clanging of metal. Sky was forced back, landing in a crouch then quickly standing up straight and pointing his sword at Jade again.

Jade shook out his hands, something like liquid Starlight dripping off his fingertips, “charging at an unarmed civilian with your sword,” Jade clicked his tongue, shaking his head in exaggerated disappointment, “one has to question your upbringing.”

Sky’s nose and lips twitched into a sneer, “you can’t have Leo.” Sky dropped into a lower stance and once more charged at Jade.

*

Leo sat on the pavement, staring at the back of the little girl’s head, confused and frightened. Behind him sat the girl with the crying face mask. She put her hands on his back and he felt instant relief for the pain of his injury.

The little girl was peeking around the corner of the building, watching the man and the other girl as they fought the creature. Leo could barely hear the sounds of that fight over the girl behind him weeping in an exaggerated and unsettling way.

Eventually, Leo couldn’t hold it in anymore, “who are you guys, what’s going on?”

The little girl answered, “I’m Sydney,” without turning to look at him. The weeping girl just wept harder.

“Good talk,” Leo sighed.

Suddenly, rather than the screeches of a monster there was the sound of metal crashing against metal and voices Leo couldn’t make out. Until the weeping girl stopped her wailing to take a breath and Leo heard a familiar voice say, “you can’t have Leo.”

Leo stood up suddenly, “Sky?”

*

Luka wished they had popcorn. The drama unfolding in front of them was too fascinating to risk interrupting.

Luka glanced at the girl in the skin-tight star suit on Jade’s side. She had her arms crossed over her chest and an angry sneer on her lips but she didn’t look like she planned to get involved. Luka crossed their arms over their chest to mirror the girl. If she wasn't getting involved it was fine for Luka to stay on the sidelines.

Which gave them the perfect view to watch the next part of the drama unfold...

A fit-looking boy with long red hair stepped out from around the corner of the World Star, his eyes wide. He opened his mouth and called out, “Sky?” and Luka realized why he looked so familiar... it was the boy Sky got in trouble for seeing.

Sky froze. Jade’s eyes went wide but he seemed unable to stop himself mid-swing and his fist landed on Sky’s stomach. A disgusting sound of pain left Sky’s mouth as he was thrown way farther back than a punch should throw anyone.

“Sky!” the red-haired boy yelled again. He ran to Sky, crouching down and putting his body between the two brothers.

Luka really wished they had some popcorn.

Luka should start bringing snacks to these fights

0