Chapter 33: Some Kind Of Local Hero?
367 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skipping Mojave Outpost and Nipton, I just went straight to Primm to report back to the sheriff. Not because I liked the guy, but more because he might be trustable enough to get the news to townsfolk. For the most part, this guy reminded me of the deputy of this town, but there was none as far as I saw.

"Oh, NCR? Sure, sure, you're their bitch, anyway. I'll tell the others."

I sighed. Killing him might do me a favor, but a lawless Primm would be less secure than what it was anyway. I left the sheriff's office, knowing that I would probably get something else from that sheriff for taking over the job which he was incompetent enough to do. The hot air of the Mojave Desert immediately hit me again in the face once I exited the office.

The next stop would be Mojave Express. Nash might want to see me for delivering another package. After all, it had been some time ever since I delivered a package for him. Perhaps, there was an item of interest that I might want to deliver. Besides, I needed something to get.

I walked towards Mojave Express. I opened the door, only to find 'that' courier. The courier with an old world flag on his jacket. The courier with a 12.7 Submachine Gun on his back. The courier with the braided hair. The courier whose intimidation aura was enough to give everyone a chill in their spine.

"Thank you, for this package," he said as he picked up a package from the counter. It was not big, it just was just a letter. Probably for someone important, but to be honest, I doubted that even the Legion would pose any threat to him.

He then shifted his gaze at me. "You've made a name for yourself, 10."

I shivered, but I tried to keep my calm. "Thanks. How do you know?" I asked the courier back.

"News travels like winds. Fast enough that everyone will know. In that case, Courier 10 of Mojave Express blows some of it around the Mojave," he answered. "I need to deliver this package to Colorado. I hope – you don't mind. Excuse me."

Even with that kind of politeness, I still felt kinda unease around that courier. Let's just ignore him and head straight to Nash, because that person was also startled by the appearance of that particular courier. I approached the counter.

"Mr. Nash, I'm back."

He took a deep breath after the courier left the building. "I wish the storm of The Divide skin him alive."

The Divide. Why did it sound so familiar to me? It must have been a place, but I didn't remember where I played it. Could it be around here? I forgot, to be entirely honest. It had been years ever since I played New Vegas. Storm. Must have been somewhere close to the Pacific, right?

"The Divide?" I asked.

"The town of Hopeville and Ashton. The storm always hit the town, for some unknown reasons. Only one courier is willing to deliver anything there. It's Courier 6, but she might be not there, probably in NCR territory as of now," he said.

"Hopeville? Ashton?"

"A town located near 127 North. Kid, I've never been there, why don't you ask 6?" He asked.

"If she were here, I'd. However, she's not."

"Anyway, do you have any package for me?" I asked.

"Actually, yes. I heard you've been helping the NCR lately, is that true? Are you the crazy courier that accompanies two rangers to storm a Legion's encampment?" Nash asked.

"Who else would do that?" I asked.

"I see. Well, you've been quite a topic for small talk for the NCR. Some commanders have used your name to boost morale, talking things about beyond the call of duty," Nash commented.

[NCR: Liked]

"I see. Well, that's expected. Boosting morale would be everything that they would do to keep the conscripts working normally, at least. Anyway, do you have any package?" I asked.

"Yes, I have one, to be honest." Nash put a big giant rifle on the table. It was a large caliber rifle, as far as I could tell, probably for firing a .50 BMG round out of it. Was it the Anti-Materiel rifle, hmm? It could be, no rifle would have a barrel this big. "A ranger from Mojave Outpost is waiting for this. His name is Ranger Polar. It's fresh from the gunrunner."

[Anti-Materiel Rifle (Owned) has Been Added]

"Why does the NCR order weapon from the gunrunner?" I asked.

"Their rangers are allowed, but not for their regular soldiers, it seemed. What are they planning, though?" Nash asked.

"Why are you saying that?" I asked.

"Kid, there is a shitton of weapon orders, and all of them went to Mojave Outpost. What the rangers are planning? They are ordering Anti-Materiel rifles, Missile Launchers, and Pulse Grenades."

Operation: Sunburst would be the answer. That kind of weapon might be effective against power armor opponents if I recall correctly. However, Operation: Sunburst didn't exactly happen in recent times, it was probably for training purposes. However, when the time came, the NCR would hit the Brotherhood, and they would hit hard.

"Probably for those tin cans at Helios, huh?" Nash commented.

"I see. Well, Mr. Nash, may I take my leave, now?" I asked.

"Sure thing, kid. The whole town thanks you for what you've done. You are a local hero here. If you need a place to stay, Old Laurie would give you a room for a discount," Nash said.

"That's very kind of you, Mr. Nash," I replied.

"Hey, anything for our hero."

I left Mojave Outpost with the Anti-Materiel rifle in my inventory. It wouldn't be a long journey to Mojave Outpost, but it might become a topic for talking about once I arrived back at the outpost. Well, so far, everything went as planned.

17