Side Story 2 – The Bullied Pride
186 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was seated in a white chair with her legs crossed. Her brown hair was in a bun and her blue eyes were focused on the small teacup in her hands. The words the person in front of her were speaking went through her ear and out the other. She really was not paying him any attention.

"Victoria, I'm tired of you messing around. You are already twenty, well past the age for childish shenanigans. Seriously, I don't know what you are thinking! We raised you better than that."

A loud voice echoed in the medium-sized room. It held an authoritative tone behind it.

Victoria looked up at her father. He was in his mid-forties but he didn't look like he was past twenty-five. She wondered how he retained his appearance so well.

"I understand."

She told him, but she did not really mean it. She enjoyed rebelling a bit against her family. They always wanted to put up appearances in front of others, but not her. While she was still young and had no responsibilities she wanted to enjoy her life.

Her father narrowed his eyes as he stared at her. His gaze could send a chill down anyone's spine.

"If you understand stop seeing that young fellow. He'll never amount to anything."

He told her.

Victoria pouted.

What did her relationship have to do with anything? She was not planning on marrying the guy, so it should not be a problem.

She already knew that she could never marry him, but she did enjoy teasing him. He was something to ease her of her boredom.

If he was not in her life, she'd die from doing nothing. All her family did was research, experiment. She needed some adventure in her life, not that boring stuff.

Seeing his daughter pout he wanted to slam his hand against the table. What did she not get? She was already engaged, her future was set all she needed to do was follow the path already paved for her.

"Did you forget you are already engaged? Need I remind you that your mother set this up for you?"

"Just because I am engaged to someone does not mean I want to marry them. Mom may be dead, but that doesn't mean I have to follow everything she set. Paving a way to a better future? More like trapping me in a cage!"

"You are so lucky your sister Diana is the one who is inheriting your mother's position. At least she is striving to help this family!"

Victoria's father said with a look of disgust in his eyes.

His other daughter was much better than Victoria. She was well behaved and a genius that the world has never seen before. He knew it from the moment she was born that she would succeed at everything.

Victoria rolled her eyes.

"Diana did this. Diana does that. If it is not my mother you are talking about, then you are speaking of her! You never once praised me for anything I did."

Victoria replied with anger in her tone. She was not hiding it either. She was fed up with the constant comparison between her and her sister or mother. She was not them and never would be.

"Tell me then, what have you done that deserves so much praise?"

Her father asked her.

"I'm pregnant."

Victoria said calmly.

Better to say it now than later.

Her father's blue eyes lost their color. Victoria felt a chill all over her body as the lights in the room burst.

"Get out!"

He yelled at her.

"Fine, send me to my room then."

The facial expression he was making caused her to flinch. He was not in a joking mood.

"Get out! You and that bastard child are not welcome in the Wells family."

He spoke with a cold and cruel tone.

"Fine! Just don't come crawling back to me later."

☆☆☆☆☆

Her once glamorous appearance changed dramatically. She turned from a supermodel into a lowly beggar. Ok, maybe it was not that low but she hated her life now.

Victoria thought she would only be on her own for a week or two, but it has been over a year since she was kicked out of the Wells family.

Every time she tried to return she was once again kicked out. Her calls were blocked. Even her name in the family registry was gone. It was like she never existed in that family.

She lost a part of herself.

That pride she once had was gone. She truly missed it. That part where she could look down on people lower than herself and toy with them in the palm of her hands.

She looked down at the little kid playing with his toys. He was well behaved, nothing like her. What he did inherit from her were her looks. She hoped he would grow up and show the entire Wells family what they were missing out on.

Victoria only had to wait until the day he awakened his EXO ability.

A ring echoed through their small house.

Victoria got up and walked over to the door in a lazy manner.

Opening the door she saw a person she thought she'd never see again. Her father.

"You look like crap."

He told her.

Victoria rolled her eyes at him as she felt a little tug on her leg. She glanced down and saw Arthur, her son.

Her father snorted at the sight of Arthur.

"What do you want?"

She asked him.

"You've been punished enough, come back to the family."

He told her.

A shine flashed through her eyes. This was the moment she was waiting for.

"However, that child is not welcome and you must follow what I say."

Victoria was at a loss. She liked this child of hers, but she also missed the perks of being in the Wells family.

No matter how much she loved her son, she could never love him more than she loved her pride.

She easily kicked Arthur to the side and walked away with her family. Those words he spoke to her a year ago drifted in her mind. It was time for her to act like she was a part of the Wells family. No more childish shenanigans. Everything that happened would now be but a distant memory.

Little did she know that Arthur got up from the floor with a bloody nose. He did not scream or cry, he simply walked to the front of the door and watched as his mother left.

"Mommy…"

3