BlackCrown: The First Year (III) Pt. 14
194 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She unconsciously took a step back as she grabbed her neck. It felt like she was bleeding, but when she checked she was not.

However, she clearly felt something cut her.

Taking another glance at the old man in front of her, she knew he was not ordinary.

Z who stood next to her also felt it. An overwhelming power. He even found it hard to take steady breaths.

Z was knowledgable of the world, he knew that there were many strong people in it. Yet, he never figured he would encounter one so soon.

Z could not figure out of Charles was planning on killing them or not. If he was then they better run. If not, this could be a valuable experience for both of them.

They grew stronger the more they fought. The tougher the challenge the faster their growth rate.

They studied their opponents movements and made them into their own. They were made for this.

Suddenly Z felt someone glaring at them from behind. He turned and found a young man with brown curly hair focusing in their direction. Z couldn't read him.

His train of thought changed, it was best for them to leave. The young boy they may be able to face, but him and the old man together… they stood no chance.

"Our bad old man, we will just leave. No need to start any trouble."

Z apologized to Charles and grabbed R's hand.

Charles placed his hand on Z's shoulder and squeezed it tight.

"I said I'll have to teach you proper manners and now you want to leave? Sorry, our lesson is not over just yet."

Charles told Z in a cold tone.

Z glanced around the store and saw a couple customers looking in their direction. Although they were not speaking loud it was clear that there was a problem going on.

"You don't honestly expect to start anything here do you?"

Z said as he tried to shove Charles hand off of his shoulder. However, he could not remove it. Charles grip was like a vice, it was not letting go.

Hearing Z speak made Charles grin. Ever since he came to America he has yet to let himself go a bit. Even if this is not a real challenge, he thought it would still be nice to pumble these brats.

"A different location can be arranged."

Charles grabbed R by her neck and a cloud of black smoke appeared in their place. When the smoke settled, they were gone.

Nick found Charles to be as ordinary as a normal human. He originally thought Charles had no EXO ability, but he was wrong.

Charles was like an empty vase.

"What are you?"

Nick asked himself.

His figure faded away into the shadows.

☆☆☆☆☆

Outside of the mall in the parking lot, three figures appeared. With a loud crack, the ground beneath their feet crumbled.

Both Z and R had their faces smashed into the ground.

"First lesson, always keep your head up. It shows you are confident. Even if you are feeling low, keep your head up. As a man, you should never lower your head to anyone. As a proper lady, the only time you ever bow your head is when greeting someone."

Charles shook both of his hands while little specks of dust fell.

R felt humiliated.

Her precious face was smashed into the ground! No one has ever touched her face. There was not even a small blemish on it.

Her first reaction was to touch her face. Her hands were shaking as they moved closer. Checking her palm, she saw blood.

"Ughhh!"

She lashed out in anger.

It took her a long time before she found a body that fit her standards. Now it was ruined!

A deathly aura rose around her as she dashed off at Charles.

Z was too slow on his reaction. He wanted to tell her not to go, but it was too late. She was already in front of Charles. Her anger got the best of her.

She threw a punch but it was blocked by Charles. A gust of wind blew past Charles body causing a nearby car to shake before its alarm went off.

"Lesson number two, never let your anger get the better of you."

Charles said as he elbowed R in her shoulder, dislocating it swiftly. Charles combo-ed it with a roundhouse kick that sent her flying until she crashed into a van shattering the glass.

"The moment you succumb to anger you lose all reason. Control it and you'll be able to see things clearly."

Charles continued to speak, but R was not responding to him.

Z's body shook. He expected Charles to be strong, but not to the point that they could not land a single blow.

He focused on R and rushed to her. He needed to get her out of here or else they might really die.

Z was intercepted by Charles, who flashed in front of him.

"Third lesson, as a gentleman always protect the woman."

Charles moved his index finger and hit Z multiple times.

Z was not ready, he was wide open to Charles onslaught.

As Z was falling to his knees, Charles kneed him in the chin.

"Final lesson, never run. Running is the first sign of weakness which allows your opponent to already have an upper hand against you. Embrace the challenge even if it means failure."

Z's body landed on the ground as Charles fixed himself.

Charles looked at a car casually.

"Are you going to come out master Nick?"

Nick stepped out of the shadows after Charles called him out. There was no need to him anymore if he was already found.

"What are you?"

Nick questioned Charles.

Charles had a confused look on his face as he did not understand Nicks question.

"You clearly are not an ordinary human, but you can't be an EXO user either. You don't have any essence inside your body."

A red light flashed through Charles' eyes for a second.

"Since you are going to marry the lady Celia, I can tell you. I'm a demon."

Charles said honestly.

"Demons also have channels filled with essence. You can't be."

Charles put up one finger to stop Nick from talking.

"That would be correct if I was born the same way as normal demons. I'm sure you have heard of EXO users who can summon spirits to fight for them. Lady Celia comes from a distinguished family. Spirits are what you can call a distant relative to what I am. Lady Celia's family do not summon spirits, they form a bond with Familiars."

Charles explained.

Nick did not reply quickly as he recalled his teachings. He has heard of familiars before but never encountered a person who could summon one. Familiars were rare creatures that formed a bond for a lifetime.

Fimialrs came from a different plane than spirits. Spirits were summoned from the afterlife, but familiars were summoned from a place called the 'Veil'.

Seeing how Nick was thinking Charles decided to add in a few more words.

"Don't think too much about it. You may think milady is useless, but I can assure you she is quite extraordinary even among her kind."

Charles paused as he turned around.

"I believe you should return before they come out of the store. They may be worried you ran off. Never keep a lady waiting master Nick."

Charles felt a slight stinging sensation on his cheek. He glossed over it with his hand and saw a smug of blood.

Charles glanced down at the two youngsters who were unconscious but he did not react. Instead, a single thought rose in his mind.

4