BlackCrown: The First Year (III) Pt. 16
180 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her age couldn't be past Nick's, but she did not give off a childish air. Her black bob cut with an exceptionally long ponytail that flowed down her back like a stingrays tail giving her a unique style. Her cherry red lipstick made her lips look appetizing to the eyes.

She inherited Klyde's black eyes that showed no emotion.

She showed a lot of her cream-colored skin in her tight dark red laced up dress that stopped a few inches above her knee. Her body was not voluptuous, but you could say it was like someone molded her appearance. She had a body that many females would die for.

Nick knew her all too well.

Seeing her did not bring him a happy emotion, instead, he was filled with rage. He kept himself in check as he would not lash out in public.

However, he would finish what was started all those years ago. That he could promise.

Klyde pushed through the people taking pictures and entered the building followed by the young girl.

Nick did not take his eyes off of her. Not even for a second.

Isabel elbowed him in his arm.

"Don't tell me you're falling for her?"

Isabel curiously asked Nick.

Nick shook his head.

"Never. Not in this lifetime or the next."

Hearing his cold tone caused Isabel's hair on her neck stand. She wondered why he was reacting the way he was. She was not being serious when she asked him.

"Humph! How dare they come here and steal the show? Let's go, Charles! I refuse to be outdone by them."

Amelia spoke up as she stormed off into the building.

Charles shook his head seeing his wife like this. She always had to have someone watching her or else she'd go crazy. He just hoped that she would not do anything outrageous tonight. He helplessly followed her into the building.

Nick and Isabel followed in his footsteps as they also entered the building.

The white marble floor reflected the light from the ceiling. The calm music playing softly was boring to the ear, but Nick figured it was right for the occasion.

Charles and Amelia told Isabel to get along with the other kids as they went off and joined the adults. The adults in the room all had some sort of drink in their hand as they grouped together and started talking.

The only exception was Klyde as he stood by the food table. Two older men in suits were talking to him, but it did not seem like Klyde was listening at all.

Those two men hoped to get a better connection. Those in the ten families usually do not show up to these type of events often. They all wondered what brought Klyde here. Although he was not in the ten families, he was a part of the guardian clan, which was just as famous.

Nick was no exception as he also wished to know why Klyde was here.

"Oh look, there is Alyson."

Isabel told Nick as she saw Alyson in a white and blue dress.

Isabel quickly blended into the crowd that Alyson was a part of. Alyson saw Nick was here as well and wondered who he came with. She actually did not think he would come to this type of event.

Maybe it was the fact that he did not give her that 'rich' kid feeling that she thought this way.

However, when she saw that his gaze was focused on a stunning girl in a red laced dressed she sighed. It seems that he liked those types.

"He said he wasn't interested in her."

Isabel said softly next to Alyson's ear.

"Nick!"

A voice yelled out to Nick as his gaze was taken away. Turning his head he saw Matthew wearing an all-white suit.

His short black hair that seemed to give a natural curl along with his green eyes gave him a charming appearance. Nick wanted to chuckle since Matthew looked like a standard playboy in a suit.

Instead of a hug or a high five, Matthew wrapped his arm around Nick.

"I see you checking her out. If you like her, go talk to her."

Matthew said with a grin.

This was the first time he saw that Nick was interested in the opposite sex. He would use all his skills and connections to help Nick out.

"Although… I must say your standards are pretty high…"

Matthew added as he lingered on the word pretty.

"Did not expect you to take an interest in Rachel. I must warn you that she may be a beauty, her personality is a bit… well, let's just say not all that friendly. Nevertheless, all women will eventually get conquered!"

Nick shook his head lightly at Matthew.

"I'm not interested in her."

Hearing Nick say this made Matthew breathe a sigh of relief. He was happy because if Nick was, he'd have to exhaust all his resources just to get two seconds with Rachel. Two seconds was not even a conversation, it was just a 'Hi' and 'Bye'.

"I'm more interested in the young lady you have brought with you. Tell me, who did you bring?"

Nick questioned Matthew.

"Don't even ask man. I had to bring the little firecracker along."

Nick wondered what Matthew meant for a moment. Matthew tilted his head to the right and Nick's eyes followed as he saw Scarlet.

"I figured she'd bring Arthur."

Nick honestly said.

Matthew laughed.

"Seems our 'King' is too busy with other duties. Who did you come with?"

Matthew asked Nick.

"Isabel. She asked me and I had nothing to do, thought it might be interesting to see how the other side lives."

While Matthew and Nick were chatting, Rachel left the crowd she was in. She could not be bothered by their dull conversation. As she left, she had to turn around and glare at the crowd. Those ill-mannered males were checking out her butt.

She wished she could cut their heads off.

Ever since she arrived here she already caught a glimpse of Nick. She was honestly surprised he did not try anything.

Rachel walked over in his direction.

She might as well see him. He could entertain her more than the other guys.

"Look who is walking over here."

Matthew softly spoke to Nick as he saw Rachel coming their way.

"Don't mind her."

All the younger kids were focused on Rachel as she moved in the direction where Nick was. They wondered why she was headed over there. What so was special about Nick and Matthew?

Rachel stopped in front of Nick.

"Do you have a moment?"

She asked him.

"Can't say it here?"

Nick replied to her in a cold tone.

Matthew instantly picked up on the way Nick spoke to her.

"I don't believe you'd want the others to hear what I have to say."

Rachel said as she walked off into an open area away from the prying eyes and ears of the others.

Matthew tapped Nick on the shoulder.

"Go see what she wants, it should be worth hearing her out."

Matthew urged Nick to follow Rachel.

Alyson and Isabel who were away from Nick and Matthew also saw the scene. They both wondered what a girl like Rachel would want with Nick. Going so far as to speak with him in private.

☆☆☆☆☆

"So what do you want to say that couldn't be spoken in front of the others?"

Nick questioned her.

"I see you are still a straight shooter. They said time changes people, but you are still the same back then."

Pausing as she looked into Nick's hazel eyes she recalled something.

"You don't have to pretend to be nice to me. I know what I've done and what I'm capable of. There is no one around so no need to put up airs. Yet, you can't kill me, Nick. At least not tonight you can't.

I dragged you out here to pass you a message from my father."

Rachel put an emphasis on my telling Nick that Klyde was her father and not his.

"That little night club you are a part of has started investigating what occurred that night the Wells wanted to showcase something right?"

Rachel pulled out a small disk from her dress and handed it over to Nick.

"Klyde wants you to have this. It may help you, but whatever you decide to do is your decision."

Nick was not buying it, why would Klyde try to help him?

"Why is he helping me?"

Rachel did not answer him with an answer to that question.

"That young girl from a long time ago, she was not the first person I killed and she was not the last. However, she asked for it."

Rachel told Nick as she started to leave. She suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned to face Nick.

"Next time we meet, I'll tell you the reason why. Until then, keep training you may surpass me just yet Nick."

4