BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 20
180 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matthew wasted no time as he took out a small blue pill. When his finger touched it frost started to cover it slowly.

The pill was very chilling and if someone held it for a long time they would lose their finger.

Matthew lifted Scarlet as he opened her small mouth. Once he placed the pill in her mouth it would dissolve and cool her body down. Just to make sure he placed his hand over her forehead and saw that her body was starting to cool down.

He let out a sigh of relief.

"Take her to the infirmary."

Matthew told the lady next to him as he handed her Scarlets petite body. She nodded her head as she dashed off.

"Is everything alright?"

Nick asked as he was worried not only about Scarlet but Matthew as well.

"Yeah, everything should be fine now."

"Then what was that?"

Isabel asked.

Matthew was silent for a moment.

"Scarlet's EXO allows her to control Magma, which is a rare ability for her family. Magma is stronger than fire, but it also has risk that come along with it. The risk become less as one gains more control over it, but Scarlet is different. Her EXO is so powerful that her small body can't contain it all. Most of the times it is under control, but on the few occasions it acts out it starts to burn her from the inside."

Matthew showed off the case he took out before as he opened it and showed the blue pill inside.

"This pill counters the magma and restrains it lessing the burden on her body."

"Then why do you have the pill?"

Isabel couldn't help but ask.

If Scarlet was the one who needed it, then shouldn't she carry her own?

"Just for occasions like this. I'm always prepared for the worst."

Matthew said as he gave her a small smile.

The four of them continued to talk but not as much as before. With the incident that happened with Scarlet they were not in the talking mood.

Eventually Alyson and Isabel left leaving Matthew and Nick alone.

With the two of them alone, they chatted for a bit while sitting at the table and parted ways.

Nick headed to his room on campus.

He grabbed a small laptop and sat down on his bed.

Opening the laptop up revealed a video clip that was paused on the screen. Nick couldn't count how many times he has watched this video. Everytime he did, he was left with new questions.

The video clip started and it showed a room filled with people and four tubes. Nick easily recalled this room as he has been there before, with Shadow. It did not take long for the video to show the massacre that occurred inside the place.

Close to the video ending it changed scenes, it was the data on the creatures they created. It told what their abilities were and how they advanced. These creatures seemed to absorb knowledge like a sponge. The potential they possessed was unlimited.

Nick disliked that the Wells family would create such a thing. No matter the end goal a creature like this would only bring problems into the world.

A self learning creature would never be bound to its owner forever, sooner or later it would find surpass its owner and deem it useless. Thus cutting off all ties with them and creating its own path.

This was the reason why AI's were never fully brought to life.

If Nick ever came across one of those creatures he was not sure he'd be able to take it down. Depending on how much battle knowledge they possessed would increase or decrease the difficulty level of them. If the fight did not end early then he would be bound to lose.

Yet, Nick questioned why Klyde would want him to have this disk. He knew that this was one of Klydes test, but he wanted to know why he was being helpful. Klyde is not the helpful type, if he ever helps someone there is always a price.

Nick closed his eyes and started meditating as he emptied all thoughts.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A lone figure was seated at a desk in the dark while a blue light illuminated their face. Their fingers danced across the virtual keyboard as images of various students were brought up.

A smile crept upon their face, as they copied the images.

If you weren't specialized in investigation then you'd assume that all these people had little to no connection with each other. However, they all had one thing in common. They were related to a certain family in a way.

The figure erased all the history on the virtual computer and shut it down.

Vanishing into the darkness the figure left the room leaving not one trace of their presence. A few seconds after they vanished the room door opened up as someone flashed a light through the room.

The light was reflected by the window revealing the figure. It was a man with ash grey hair that flowed to his neck. His light brown eyes swept through the room as he sensed something was off.

This person was Nick's teacher, Darius.

Blue sparks streamed across his body and his hair spiked up. As he exhaled deeply the blue sparks spread across the room.

As if time had rewinded itself, the image of a person appeared right in front of the virtual computer. It was the same figure that vanished a moment ago.

Darius raised his eyebrow.

"What are you up too?"

3