BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 21
189 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What Darius saw that night he did not report it to anyone, instead he kept it to himself. He had his own troubles to deal with and adding another one on top of it wasn't his goal. Sooner or later someone was bound to notice something, he'd just let them figure it out.

Some would question why he was wandering in the building so late at night. Reason was simple, he was meeting up with one of the female teachers.

Since school began he has been collecting information from various sources, but females were his number one source. They were attracted to his charming ways, so it was easy for him to pry out what he needed.

Playing with the hearts of any woman is a big mistake, but Darius was willing to take it, if it meant he could save his wife.

The days went by and eventually Freya returned to school. She was healthy as a horse. The bickering between her and Matthew started and it seemed like the mood between the group of friends returned.

Matthew and Nick both filled her in on what she has missed while she was away. She in return told her about her trip that she took with her family.

However, with her return there were some who were not all that excited. Mostly the females in the classroom who were dying to pair up with Matthew. They knew that with Freya around the chances of them pairing up was zero.

Soon it was time for Freya's competition. It was a shooting competition that was held yearly. Age and grade did not matter, as long as you were chosen then you would participate. There was an unwritten rule that at least one freshman had to be picked, and Freya happened to be that freshman this year.

She would not say her sniping skills were the greatest, but they were not the worst either. Besides during her trip away she picked up a new trick. She wanted to shove it in Matthew's face and gloat. Both Matthew and Nick always showed her up, now it was her time to shine.

That was her main reason for inviting them both to attend, the other was friendly support.

The competition took place on a Saturday, but they had to leave Friday evening. Their destination was Michigan. The competition was held at the same location every year, the reason being was the school that held it. Artemis Academy, they were best known for their archery and sniping skills.

It wasn't until Friday night when they arrived at their hotel.

A tall young man with blonde hair and blue eyes stretched his body as he yawned. You could tell how tired he was by how his eyelids were low and it seemed like he would fall asleep any minute.

He made sure that everyone was accounted for.

"Alright listen up, tomorrow is game day and I don't want to hear any excuses about why you missed a shot. Go to bed early and be ready to go by 11:00 am. Not one second later, got it?"

He asked the crowd.

The crowd consisted of the sharpshooter club members and a few friends that came to cheer for them. The advisor for the club was also here but she let the leader of the club take over. Mr. Edon was present as well, since he was the assistant.

The group all told him that they acknowledged what he said and they went to check in.

Matthew, Freya and Nick walked in the back. Freya was dragging two suitcases, while Matthew and Nick both had one bag.

"Geez, overpack much? We're only here for two days."

Matthew told her.

"I'm sorry, what did you say? I was too busy picturing me beating you with this suitcase that I didn't hear you. Mind repeating yourself?"

Freya said as she glared at Matthew.

Her glare sent a shiver down his spine. He believed her too! Matthew didn't put it past her, she'd definitely try to beat him with that suitcase. He still remembered the first day they met. She threw her shoe at them within the first ten minutes.

Instead of replying to her Matthew thought of ways to mess with her. Tonight was going to be a long night and with the competition tomorrow… Matthew just couldn't wait!

"What are you smirking at?"

She asked him.

Matthew didn't respond but kept walking.

"If you try anything tonight, I punish you!"

Freya read his mind, she knew after all she did to him over the past few months he would try something. Granted they play with each other all the time, tonight was not the night!

She already started planning her revenge against him. She wished he tried something, she'd let him know what true pain felt like.

Nick shook his head.

"You two should get married already."

Nick casually said.

"No one wants to marry him/her!"

The two of them said in unison, causing them to glare at each other.

Nick laughed a bit as he turned his head to look at them.

"I'm only kidding, no need to get so worked up."

Suddenly he felt a gaze on his body causing him to stop in his tracks. He looked off into the distance and his eyes changed to icy blue. Yet he saw nothing.

'Just my imagination?'

He questioned himself.

A very long distance away up on the rooftop a woman looked over the edge. She licked her lips in a seductive way and smiled.

The direction she was looking was the same direction where Nick was located. At first she was scouting the competition, but she found something more interesting.

The door to the rooftop opened up as another female appeared.

"Violet, scouting again?"

The woman asked.

Violet, the woman that was gazing over the edge turned her head.

"I've found him!"

"Him?"

"My soulmate."

4