BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 28
171 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Z and R sat in the back of a slick black car. Their hands chained and they were bulcked in tight preventing them from making any strange movements. This did not stop them from analyzing every situation. They'd escape this, they were sure of it.

"So, want to tell me why'd you do it?"

Cornelius asked them as he drove the slick black car through traffic. Occasionally he adjusted the rearview mirror so he could see the facial expressions those two made.

Neither of them spoke to respond to Cornelius. He did not find it strange at all as most criminals would never speak of why they did what they did. The few that chose to spoke had a weak will and regretted their actions but you could never change the past, only the future.

Cornelius continued to drive the car in silence. Every now and again he'd try to make them talk but they were subborn and refused to even say a word.

Z tilted his head as he looked into R's eye. She made her own facial expression responding to his tilting head.

Cornelius found it strange that the two would occasionally look at each other. It seemed like they were having a conversation but he knew that could not be the case. Talking to each other without making a sound? Impossible. Unless they linked their minds together and he refused to believe they did that.

Secretly Cornelius continued to study them as he drove hoping to dissect their expressions and make words out of them.

Z's head started to throb as but he could do nothing but deal with the pain for now. This was not the first time this happened but when it did he had ways to deal with the pain. Being in the back of a police car was not helping his situation.

"Are you ok?"

R asked him as her voice echoed in his head. Shaking his head slightly he responded with a no he was not alright.

As much as he did not want to worry R he had no way to hide his discomfort in their current situation.

"Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

A hoarse voice echoed in his head continuously. It constantly said the same word over and over again on repeat. Z did not understand where this voice originated from, but its been in his head since he was created. The owner of this voice hated the Wells family it compelled him to kill off their entire bloodline.

The voice also appeared in his siblings head at times, but the voice was stronger and more compelling for him.

The only thing he could do was try to block the voice out hope for the best. It was just a voice and could not do anything to him. It was just a voice. He told himself many times, but every attempt failed. The voice became stronger and stronger everytime he resisted.

Clenching his teeth hard he tried to calm himself down. The voice died down and faded away but it would appear again Z knew it.

"Are you ok back there?"

Cornelius asked Z as he glanced up at the rearview mirror. Z had beads of sweat covering his face and it looked as if he would pass out anytime now. Luckily he did not and seemed to recover.

Z's cold eyes said everything.

Cornelius shrugged his shoulders not caring about Z or R anymore. They were almost to the police station.

☆☆☆☆☆

Freya twirled her finger in her curly purple hair as she gazed at Nick and Matthew. The two of them were acting calm but she knew something was up with them, she just wanted to find out what.

Matthew was leaning back in the white chair with his legs crossed, his eyes glued to the magazine in his hand. Nick was seated across from him with tools used to polish his sword.

"So… you two are not going to say where you went?"

Freya asked with a slight pause as she stopped twirling her finger.

Matthew looked over at Nick who glanced up at him before the two of them turned to Freya.

"Just went for a walk, don't worry about it."

Matthew said as he returned his gaze to the magazine in his hand.

On the cover of the magazine were famous stars. The popuratize were all in their business and relationship causing everyone to gossip about what was going on in their lives. Matthew thought this would be interesting but so far it was pretty dull.

"Shouldn't you be worried about the competition?"

Nick asked as he continued to polish his sword.

Freya bit her lower lip before she answered him. She was disappointed in how the judges handled the competition but she had no power to change it.

"It ended, due to the deaths. Since Artemis Academy was in the lead by more than a hundred points they just gave them the victory. Whatever, I don't care."

She crossed her arms and pouted as she thought back to the results.

People from the other academies started to complain about the results but once the judges gave out their answer they would not change it.

From the corner of her eye Freya saw a young lady walk over in their direction with long violet hair. It caused Freya to roll her eyes.

Violet sat on the armrest of Nick's chair and watched him polish his sword. She looked at the sword and her eyes had a strange light flash through them for a moment.

She felt a bit annoyed as she clenched her pants pocket. She came over here with a certificate that could be used to order a custom made weapon. Violet was planning on using it to win Nicks favor but his weapon was on another level compared to what she was going to offer him.

"Need something?"

Nick asked her as he moved over a bit trying to put a little bit of distance between the two of them.

"I never knew you had such a marvelous weapon, it's better than my bow."

Violet said with a smile.

"It's just a decoration, nothing to show off."

Nick responded to her.

Hearing him say the word decoration threw Violet off. She was going to discuss swordstyles with him as a follow up but now she was not prepared. She herself was not a swordsman but many of her kin were so she knew a thing or two.

Violet quickly came up with another topic hoping to draw his attention.

"Are you going to participate in the twelve god competition?"

It seemed that her plan worked as Nick stopped polishing his sword and looked up at her. His gaze wandered over her face for a second before he went back to his sword.

"Probably, depends on what event they have."

Nick responded.

"You're strong right?"

Violet asked him, but gave him no time to answer as she continued.

"Then you'll have a spot on the battlefield. I'm confident in my skills, even Rachel would have a hard time defending against me."

Violet said proudly.

Nick raised his eyebrow a bit as he listened to Violet go on. Freya clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes as she also listened to Violet. Matthew chuckled as he watched Freya's behaviour. It was strange that he found her a little cute in this moment.

Matthew started to doubt his own thoughts when he realized he thought Freya was cute. This was not him, he never had these sort of thoughts about her before. He fanned his hand as if telling his mind to leave those thoughts behind.

Eventually the conversation that Violet was having with Nick lead to her asking him how confident he was in his own abilities. She was surprised when he said he was fairly certain he would beat her. A part of her was attracted to his confidence but another part wanted to show up that he was wrong.

"If you're so confident how about you make a bet with me?"

Violet asked Nick.

Nick finished his polishing as he glanced over his sword before putting it in its sheath.

"What is it?"

"If I beat you during the competition you'll have to go out with me."

Violet said.

Nick looked Violet in her purplish blue eyes and saw how serious she was.

"If I win?"

"I'll do anything you say, no matter what it is."

Nick looked over her body once causing Violet to smile and puff out her chest.

"And I do mean, anything."

She said seductively.

Nick burst out laughing.

"Alright, i'll accept your bet."

3