BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 29
186 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trees swayed to the left as the wind blew by hard causing a whistling sound. The trees were not small, they were old and thick but large enough you could see them from 800 yards away. Their roots could be seen clearing as they came up from the ground before going a distance until they went back in.

It was as if they were placed in order as the trees made a path leading to an underground temple. Moss covered the walls of the temple and one would not notice the temple unless they were actively looking for it. It was well hidden and blended in with the surroundings.

The ground started to rumble as chants were heard from outside the underground temple.

"Zee-ba! Zee-ba! Zee-ba!"

The chanting got louder and louder.

Below there were creatures of different sizes standing upright each one holding a staff in their hands. In rhythm they continued to slam the butt of their staff against the ground as they continued to chant. Their eyes had one of two colors, crimson red or golden yellow. Their skin was gray, their nails sharp enough to cut through meat with ease. They looked human but the tails, fur and fangs said otherwise.

Their eyes were glued on two figures on an altar. The altar was ancient with a summoning enigma engraved on it. One figure was a beautiful woman with long silky black hair that reached the lower end of her back. She had five golden hair sticks in her hair. Her face was a bit paler than the rest of the creatures but that only added to her beauty. Underneath her crimson red eyes were two golden lines that seemed like tears. In the middle of her forehead was a golden flower emblem. She had an outstanding body with clothing from ancient china that matched her eyes. Although her upper body was that of a woman her lower body was that of a deer.

The figure next to her was clouded in mystery. They were wearing a robe that covered their entire body preventing anyone from finding out their gender.

"Zee-ba! Zee-ba! Zee-ba!"

The chanting continued.

Her eyes glazed over her brethren before she opened her mouth to speak.

"Silence!"

All the creatures stopped chanting and the rhythm of their staffs slamming the ground stopped. They stood still as if they were statues.

"We've been trapped for half a century in this god forsaken place. Left with no food and no true leader. Those old coots can no longer hold us back. We have been trapped but we have been preparing! The barrier will break and with it we shall rise! When this barrier falls the world shall fear Kyoto - The Headhunter and they'll run from Damien - The Impaler."

Kyoto spoke with each of her words gradually getting louder. In her time she had no name for herself but before they were trapped she almost got one. The Headhunter. It spoke for itself as all those who feel before her had their heads cut off.

Her brethren started whispering among themselves. Kyoto was here with them, but Damien was dead. He's been dead for a century now. They knew what death meant. Once you died there was no coming back, you went to the holy land were you lived out your life in the afterlife.

From what they knew Damien was killed on the battlefield, so how could he return? Was there something that they didn't understand? No, it couldn't be. Kyoto was just being delusional.

While none of them spoke out to say anything that didn't stop them from speaking amongst themselves.

Kyoto saw how her brethren reacted, it was actually better than she expected. Even she herself didn't believe he would return but then she met him.

Kyoto's eyes glanced at the hooded figure next to her. She didn't know anything about him. All she knew was it was a male and someone blessed by the Demon King. He could come and go as he pleased while they were trapped here in this barrier.

He never brought them any food, all he did was bring them word from the Demon King. The war with the humans was escalating but now it was time for them to advance. Forces were gathering and together they would take the fight to the humans.

All they wanted was a home, but the humans denied them that. To them, they were creatures whose existence needed to be killed off. They had no rights, all they had was each other. However, that didn't matter. Humans wanted to fight them? They weren't afraid. Humans denied them a home? They would take it for themselves!

The hooded figure turned around and took the hood off. Black skin as dark as charcoal with golden eyes and two horns. Short white hair covered his head.

"You don't believe in the return? You don't believe in your generals words? Then i'll show you, bring me the bones."

He spoke and Kyoto was a bit late to react. When everything processed in her head she moved quickly and brought him the bones of her fallen comrade.

Moving his hands over the bones the man started chanting strange words as he made hand signals. A white light covered the bones and it started to beat as if it was a heart.

His golden eyes flashed as he gritted his teeth.

"In the name of Demon King - Gerald I command you to awake from your slumber. For the achievements you accomplished on the battlefield you shall be rewarded with life once more. Your journey has yet to end, awaken and serve your leader once more. Awaken Demon General Damien - The Impaler!"

The white light condensed until it was small like a speck of dust. A split second later it exploded out causing a wave of energy to spread out. The entire ruin shook, even reaching the outside causing those thick trees outside to tip over.

In place of the bones was a small child no larger than a middle school boy. His skin was cream colored opposite of the other creatures. His yellow hair was short and stopped at the end of his neck. In the back of his head was two small red horns that curved. Under his red eyes were three red lines that seemed like whiskers.

A grey snake wrapped around his leg and waist covering up his important part. Besides that he was completely naked.

As much as Demien looked female with his feminine figure he was anything but that. He glared at his surroundings before doing a small bow to the man in front of him. He heard a voice and was brought back to life. How could he not be grateful?

"I shall lead Gerald my strength once more."

Damien said to the man before he turned his attention to Kyoto. She had tears in her eyes and she was hesitating. Kyoto didn't know whether to slap him or hug him for leaving her alone. After a century he was back, she couldn't contain herself and hugged him.

Damien let out a sigh as he patted her head.

"I'm back my love, this time we shall conquer this land together."

All he heard was crying it was as if she didn't hear a thing he said. Not that he minded.

☆☆☆☆☆

An old man with grey hair sighed as he threw his paperwork on the desk in front of him. He was getting to old for this, it may be time he retired. However he enjoyed this work.

The battlefield brought him great joy when his subordinates achieved great things. The fight against the demons was getting dull, they were barely putting up a fight anymore. The military mostly concentrated its attention on other affairs.

The last war that made humans evolve to its full extent was more than a hundred years ago. He was not born at that time but from the stories he heard it was a dark time. Death awaited those who chose to step onto the battlefield.

With everyone working together they managed to put some of the most powerful demons behind barriers. The weaker ones that managed to escape were being hunted down as days past. The few powerful demons that did not fight in that war were still out there but they were quiet as a mouse.

While charging in and killing them was what anyone would do the army could not. They knew where the Xeno were and kept watch on them, but these demons knew how to keep a very low profile. Almost as if they vanished from the earth.

As much as anyone would hope for that they knew they were up to something. They just did not know what.

Suddenly a large energy wave covered the entire city causing the lights to go out all over the city. The old man grunted as he never felt something so powerful before.

He swallowed the blood that wanted to come up and glared out the window through the blinds.

"What in the world…?"

☆☆☆☆☆

Dir. Campbell was drinking tea in the middle of the night. She allowed her long black hair to flow down her back. She was only wearing a nightgown and was about to go to bed soon. She just wanted to ease her mind with tea before then.

Suddenly she felt a large energy wave. It was powerful enough to cause her insides to turn and almost tear.

Her black eyes couldn't help but look out the window into the night.

"So, it begins."

3