BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 30
180 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the energy wave that covered the city was large and caused a commotion eventually things calmed down. The source of the energy was never found but that did not mean the government gave up searching for it. They were hoping to find the source before things got out of hand.

Time seemed to blink as weeks passed by since the occurrence of the energy wave. Demeter Academy was as lively as ever, especially the freshman students. Each one was getting riled up with the freshman competition just around the corner. It was a special event that would change the rankings around. Those who did not enjoy their spot would try for a better spot.

The biggest gossip ran around the four freshman royals. Each one voting for their favorite to take first place. Three of the four freshman royals were known while the last one had yet to make an appearance.

The students assumed it was one of the students from the defensive section. No one thought that the real one would be attending class in the support section. They already had Matthew how could they have another one?

Inside of Darius classroom his students were seated talking to each other. The teacher himself was not in the classroom at this time leaving the students to talk among themselves. As for the assistant Mr. Edon he did not seem to care much since he stayed to himself sitting at the teacher's desk.

"Arthur or Matthew? I'm team Matthew since he is one of us it is natural for us to support him. I refuse to believe he'd lose to Arthur even if he is cute."

"You're only saying that because he is right here other than that you know you'd be all for Arthur. No need to deny it we all know how much you change when you catch a glimpse of him."

"Lies! You're lying! Matthew i'd never betray you, you're my one and only."

"Why are you fussing over them? I'll show you who's the king among the freshman and at that time don't you come fawning all over me."

"Pft, who'd want you? You're not half as good looking and didn't Matthew beat you without moving last time? You are not fooling anyone!"

The students started talking across the classroom to each other. Most of the females were choosing who to support during the competition. Arthur and Matthew both had their fans, but the question is… who had the most?

Teams were being built for both and when the competition started they would go all out with their cheering.

Seeing their female peers act this way caused many of the males to become jealous. Especially when it was one of the females they liked! The males did not hate Matthew as he was a nice cool guy to hang around. They just didn't like the fact that he received all the attention from the females.

As hard as they tried to garnish the girls attention Matthew achieved it by simply doing nothing. How could they not be envious of that?

"Matthew, who do you think would win? You or Arthur?"

One of the females in the class asked Matthew who was seated in the corner of the room talking to Nick and Freya.

Quickly glancing up and eyeing her Matthew scratched his head. What was he going to say? He never fought Arthur so how was he to answer this? There were videos of Arthur fighting in the offensive division, but Matthew had a feeling that Arthur didn't reveal his full strength.

Not to mention Nick was right here. Before Arthur there was another challenge awaiting him. Truthfully he did not want to think about this competition.

"No clue, but you are forgetting there is still Scarlet and the other royal. They are also contenders this year."

Matthew did not want to take all the attention so he brought up the other two royals.

"Too bad the fourth one is shrouded in mystery. If only he revealed himself, or herself."

Freya added as she glared at Nick.

Feeling her gaze on him caused Nick to turn his head and scratch his cheek.

"I don't think Scarlet nor the other guy could be a match for King Arthur or the Arena Prince. Truly only those two have the strength to stand above us freshman."

Nick spoke up swifty.

Nick's words caused the females to start mumbling among themselves. As soon as Nick let out a sigh of relief the females seemed to sense it. They turned their attention to him now instead of Matthew.

"Well then Nick, you are also our Silent Prince and are quite capable. You think you can fight Arthur?"

A female that was the spokesperson asked Nick as all eyes were glued on him.

Nick showed that he had skill during their mock battles but strangely him and Matthew never fought each other. Nick was undefeated and so was Matthew. It was a match they wanted to see but those two never clashed.

"Fight? Anyone can fight him, its just a matter of winning or losing. However, that doesn't matter to me, we are all on the same side."

Silence spread across the room as no one replied to Nick. They were all on the same side but that did not mean they didn't want to win. Nick's view was different from their own.

The door to the classroom opened as Darius walked in with a large stride. He paused and looked at his students confused.

"I was sure you all would be talking but this is… new."

Darius said before he continued to walk forward until he was in front of the class.

He did not know what came over his students for them to be so silent. Whenever they had the time they would talk, for them not to talk was a new occurrence. However, he did not complain. Instead he enjoyed this moment as he knew he wouldn't get another one like it.

"Since you are all silent there's no need for me to draw in your attention. The vice principal passed down the news and this year the freshman competition will be broken into brackets. There will be five brackets which is a free for all and the top twenty from each bracket will go on to the next round. Which is single elimination matches. Matches will continue until we have a winner among the freshman. Any questions?"

Darius asked his students.

The reason he was not in the class a moment ago was because he was attending a teachers meeting. It concerned the freshman competition and there was really not an option for him not to go.

"How will the ones outside of the top hundred be ranked? It doesn't seem fair that only a hundred will be placed in the ranking."

One of the students started to complain.

It didn't take long before the other students followed suit all nodding in agreement.

"Sadly this year the direction the school is taking for you all is less focused on your individual ranking and more on the schools ranking. We are to prepare you all for the twelve god competition. However the order at which you are eliminated will determine what your rank is."

Darius answered the students question with ease.

He too was worried about the rankings of his own students as he put in a lot of effort into developing them. He wanted to crush the other divisions but with all the students being piled together his hopes were crushed. Darius was not too sad as there were still a few stars among this group of students. Hopefully they would place well in the competition so he could brag to the other teachers.

"For those of you who do exceptionally well you will not have to take the end of the year exam. So I encourage you to try your best."

Hearing his words the students eyes grew big. No exam? What more did they need to try their best? It was not as good a a weapon or armor, but it was still a nice reward.

The flames of battle emerged in their hearts. This year they would put in their utmost effort.

3