BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 32
174 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was calm as he and Isabel were surrounded by the seven students. He could feel how confident the other party was and knew they'd underestimate him and Isabel's abilities. Such a thought was foolish as it would cost them dearly.

Unloosing the top button of his black jacket Nick gave himself a bit of extra room. It was unnecessary, but it was a move to show his opponents he would no back down.

The seven of them assumed they would have an easy time because it was two versus seven. Others in this situation would give up all hope and accept their fate. Yet Nick's actions defied that situation.

Nick grabbed the hilt of his katana, he did not take a stance. The reason he would not take a stance was because he was going to strike his opponents boldness. As soon as the timer hit zero they would charge, a simple barbaric plan. Nick could already see how tense they were; ready to jump in at any time.

Isabel was calm as the ocean. She grabbed her revolved and twirled it in her right hand.

The dark black haired youth that seemed to be the leader clicked his tongue.

'What are these bastards up to?' Was the first thought that came into his mind. They were way too calm and showed no signs of nervousness. Did they have some sort of trick to get out of this situation? Or was it that they had the strength to back themselves up?

If they did, then surrounding them was a fatal mistake.

He took this chance to glance over them once more. No noticeable features that told him who they were exactly. The two of them did not seem famous in the academy either or else he'd know of them.

As confident as he was in his own EXO ability not knowing what his opponents EXO ability is gave them a chance of survival. Just thinking about it caused him to back away slowly distancing himself just a smudge.

A loud ding rung in the ears of all those standing on the stage. Clearly the timer hit zero and the battle could begin.

Just as Nick thought, all seven of the students opposing him charged in. An axe and a sword came at him from both sides. Nick swung his katana as it clashed against the sword. He stepped in close and with the hilt hit the sword wielding man in the stomach. The axe missed its mark by a few inches but the owner of the axe thought that was luck.

Shots rang out as Isabel fired her revolver instantly knocking out two opponents. She was already outside the encirclement and her movement was no longer restricted.

Nick did not want to be showed up so he increased his pace a bit causing the force of his sword to become heavier. When it clashed against another's weapon it knocked their weapon out of their hands. With just a motion the few students surrounding him were all on the ground.

The dark black haired youth really started regretting his actions. However, he would not run away. His party members may have fallen but he wouldn't. Flames emerged on his sword. With this, his strength was enhanced pushing him to another level altogether.

Everyone knew fire based EXO was the second strongest offensive EXO, coming in just after lightning. This is why he was so confident in his abilities. Yet before he knew it, Nick was behind him. Nick moved faster than he could see and he was not prepared.

Nick kicked him in his temple sending him flying and crashed into one of the trees not too far away. His flames went away showing he was unconscious.

Not too far away hidden behind the tree leaves was another group of people. They were smaller in number but skilled. Nick and Isabel caused them to shiver and shake their head.

"Stay away from those two. I repeat, stay away."

One of the women seated on the branch said to her comrades. The plan was to act as soon as the two groups below tired each other out. Yet Nick and Isabel didn't even break a sweat!

It seems that there were two that they had to be wary of. If not, they'd get kicked out of the competition.

This was not the only group that was spying on Nick's fight. Others had the same idea, while a few wanted to check out the competition.

Casandra who was seated in the stands was supposed to be looking out for potential candidates, but she was only paying attention to Nick. He already caught the attention of the other upper class. She did not even need to turn her head to see the gazes in their eyes.

They all wanted a piece of him to see how well he could hold his own against one of them.

A slight breeze swept past making her long wavy black hair flow. Her amber eyes were glued on the stage below.

"It seems he is better than you. At least back when we first entered the Academy."

Cassandra casually said to the bulky short brown haired young man next to her.

Today he was suppose to be going over files for next months trip, but he decided to give himself a break. Why not check out the new blood in the school?

Hearing Cassandra's words caused him to laugh.

When he first entered this school he caused a storm. Nick on the other hand was keeping a low profile, or at least he tried to.

"I don't know about that. His potential may be higher but he's still lacking in experience. Too much movement, most of it isn't needed. Also he keeps holding himself back if he doesn't let himself go then how will he understand his own strength?"

Cassandra shrugged her shoulders. He just did not want to admit Nick was a bit better than he was.

"Its ok Fred, no need to be jealous. If he happens to take all the attention maybe you can finally take that vacation you wanted."

Fred had a light flash through his eyes. He never thought about it like that, if Nick stole everyones attention away then he could do what he wanted.

"Well not like you could anyways, you know Dir. Campbell has us increasing patrols."

Just as she brought him hope Cassandra crushed it.

Fred couldn't help but let out a sigh as she reminded him. Patrolling the city every night looking for anything they found suspicious. Usually they'd have a goal in mind but this time they did not. It was just random and Dir. Campbell refused to tell them why she had them doing this.

A loud buzzer could be heard as the stage turned back normal. The trees, vines, grass, rocks all went away leaving only the white floor. Standing on the stage were twenty students exactly.

Nick stretched his arms as he walked off the stage.

Freya and Matthew were waiting for Nick to return.

"I was expecting it to take longer with so many people present, but that was finished in no time."

Freya pointed out how fast Nicks group finished the first part of the competition. There were so many people on stage trying to find each other, but it truly didn't take that long. She hoped that hers would be the same.

2