BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 36
175 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang! Bang! Bang! The door started to shake as someone on the other side hit it hard.

An older man and a young boy were startled. Quickly the older man pushed the young boy into a small space.

"Stay put."

The man said as he held the child's arm tightly. His eyes locked onto the young boy. The meaning was clear, if you did not stay here, something bad would happen to you when I returned.

The young boy nodded his head. His father's tone was harsh, and struck fear in him.

He was located in a small closet, just big enough for him to fit in. It wasn't really a closet, but it worked well for a hiding spot.

Low and to the ground, dark enough so no one could see inside. Not to mention there was a door that needed to be opened.

That's where the young boy was.

His father threw a few clothes over the young boys head trying to make him blend in more. Finally feeling satisfied with his work he closed the door.

The young boys father fixed his clothing quickly as he approached the door. The banging just continued to get louder and louder. If he did not open the door by himself, the person on the other end would come in by force. Not that it mattered the the man, he knew there was no helping his situation.

"Hold your horses, i'm coming!"

The man yelled out causing the door to stop shaking. The other side seemed please that someone finally responded to them.

Opening the door, it revealed a man with a thick black beard. He stood tall with wide shoulders, wearing a black suit. His body was wet, due to the rain outside. All of his clothing clung to his body like glue.

"What were you doing? How dare you keep me waiting? Stupid drunkard."

The man flared up as he assaulted the man with his words. He moved the man out of the way as he looked inside the house. It was very small and the living room was not that large. Cans and bottles of different sizes were all over the place. There was only one couch, big enough for exactly two people.

"I see that your 'sons' aren't around."

The man in the suit said as he noticed the boys were not here.

"They're off out and about, don't worry about it Charles.

The man nodded his head as he spoke those words.

Charles on the other hand seemed a bit agitated.

Sighing as he ran his hands through his wet black hair, he looked at the man by his side.

"Why didn't you come to me for help? Why did you go down that path?"

Startled by Charles words, the man pretended like he did not understand what Charles meant. It was easier to play the fool than accept the truth.

"What are you talking about? Why are you saying such strange words? Tell me, did that wife of yours leave you or something? Crazy talk, crazy I tell you."

Charles shoved the man hard, knocking him against the wall. His forearm against the man's throat. Fury could be seen in his eyes as he ripped the man's shirt revealing his bare chest. There was a strange tattoo on his body, and below it were words.

Charles stared at it in disbelief. His own brother joined that organization.

The man pushed Charles off of him as he coughed a few times.

"What are you doing you mad man? How can you assault me in such a way? Am I some criminal?"

He asked, still pretending he did not know what was going on. If he was going to fake it, why not fake it till the end? Truthfully he did not want to have his own brother see him in such a way. He knew what he's done and what it meant, especially to Charles. If news was found out that Charles had a family member in this organization, then he would not be able to become the district director.

Not only that, his entire family would be monitored by the government at all times. None of them would be safe. His career, no, his life and his families would be over.

"Just tell me why?"

Charles asked calmly. He just needed to know why his brother would do something like this. What drove a man to join such an organization, one that government hated.

The man sighed, forget it. There's no need to fake it anymore, might as well reveal everything.

"For you. I was never the greatest growing up, always failing. Even in life, compared to you I was just a shadow, something that no one would pay attention to. If I was going to be a shadow anyways, why not be the greatest shadow to live? I helped you in more ways than you'd ever understand."

He explained his reasoning behind his actions.

"I never asked you to do any of that! You're my little brother, i'd be proud of you no matter what you would have achieved in life. However, I cannot be proud of this."

"So what? Are you goi-"

The man never got a chance to finish his sentence as Charles punctured his chest with his hand. Blood leaked from the mans mouth while shock filled his eyes. It only lasted for a moment before he smiled.

Charles had a tear stream from his face as he felt his brother embrace him.

"I'm sorry."

Those were his brothers last words.

'I'm sorry too. I should have taken better care of you, but instead I failed. For you to join 'Frost' is the worst mistake you could have taken. The only way I can fix it, is to let you reunite with those above the sky. Mother will worry, but you'll be honored.'

☆☆☆☆☆

That was six years ago. Long as it may seem, it was a day he'd never forget. He hated Charles for what he did. He killed his father.

What did his father do to deserve such a death? Especially one at the hands of his own brother? Alex could not understand, but he knew what he had to do.

After that incident, he was a young boy who had to grow up on his own. Scavenge for food and money when he could. Try to survive each day until his last came.

It was hard, for a child barely nine years old to do such things. This was not the olden times where you could be a street rat and steal food off carts. Everything was much more advanced than back then and security was tighter.

Eventually he sold most of his belongings, and his fathers belongings through the internet.

Just when he thought he was at a dead end, ready to give everything up to be with his father once more. A hand grabbed him and helped him up. They introduced him to others just like him, people who hand things taken from them wrongfully. They trained him, taught him, cared for him like a family.

He became one of them and did whatever they asked of him. Which was not much. Besides helping out others in the family, they did not ask him for anything.

Being apart of a new family did not stop the nightmares of his father's death from haunting him. Everytime he closed his eyes, he pictured that scene. It nearly drove him insane.

"What is it keeping you up at night?"

Those were not the words Alex wanted the hear. Everyone cared for him deeply, he did not want to depend on them too much. He already owed them the world, he really didn't want to have them do anything else for him.

"Nothing. Its… nothing."

Alex told them.

Eventually they pried it out of him and they nodded their head. Revenge? You want to know what you can do to get revenge? It's easy, we shall teach you.

"Alex!"

A young male nudged him in his ribs with his elbow. The sudden pain made Alex wake up from his daydream as he turned his head.

"What?"

He yelled out in a slightly hostile tone.

He was lost in the past, why did he have to wake up? Alex only wanted to go back.

The young man next to Alex had silver hair and golden eyes. Different from the other students at the academy.

He stared at Alex with a puzzled expression.

"I don't think you are ready for this."

The young man spoke calmly.

Hearing his words caused Alex to flare up, grabbing him by his collar and lifting him up. Not even surprised by his own strength.

"What do you mean not ready! I've waited six years for this! Six years! If I say i'm ready, then i'm ready!"

Alex tossed him, but the young man with silver hair didn't fall to the ground. He landed safely on his two feet. Dusting himself off and fixing his collars he shrugged his shoulders.

A few students in the surroundings looked at the scene Alex caused. Some of them were ready to get help while a few were eager to see a fight. The freshman competition was already happening, but a fight outside of the stage? That would be something to see.

"I'm only saying this for your own good. I could care less, if you die then don't blame me."

The young man with silver hair told Alex as he threw a small pill to Alex. It was dark black in color giving off an evil vibe. The smell that came from the small pill would cause ones nose to scrunch up, but Alex paid it no mind. He put the pill in his pocket.

Alex focused his eyes on a female who stood quite the distance away from him. She had silver hair but the tips of them were dyed purple. A cheerful expression was spread across her face as she talked to her friends.

Clenching his fist until he drew blood, Alex glared at her.

'Charles, you've taken my father from me. It's only right I pay you back and take something from you.'

3