BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 39
171 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isabel looked at Alex who still had that sinister smile on his face. His face was creeping her out, but she said nothing about it. Maybe that was just the way his face was.

"Have you ever wondered what hell is like?"

Alex asked.

Isabel looked to her left and right to make sure he was talking to her. There was no one beside her, so he had to be talking to her. Unless he was talking to himself.

"No…"

Isabel answered him softly, but still confused by his question.

She was a hundred percent sure this guy was a weirdo, there was no mistaking it.

Alex started laughing dryly which caused Isabel to hold herself as she shivered. She didn't know that Alex was imaging different ways to kill her. So far more than a hundred ways appeared inside his head.

He'd give her a glorious death, one that would haunt her father for ages. His name would be known far and wide, but there was nothing Charles could do about it. Alex would die today, he was prepared for that much.

When Charles precious little girl dies, he'll be enraged. Wanting to lash out at everyone, especially Isabel's killer. However, if Alex was already dead then Charles could not take revenge. The rage would consume him until he went insane.

It was the perfect plan for Alex. One that he's been planning for years.

Alex grabbed the two daggers hanging from his waist as he stopped laughing. Seemed that he realized he was causing a scene when he didn't mean to. He really felt he was talking to himself, but it seems some of his emotions leaked out.

Isabel gripped her revolver tightly. She took a deep breath before letting it all out, she needed to focus. So far her fights have been proceeding very well. If it continued down such a path she'd find herself within the top ranks.

The bar was set high as she knew of Matthew's status. Even Nick was skilled and he wasn't a freshman royal. To compete with those two again she needed to win!

The match started as Alex sank into the ground. A dark circle was under his feet that seemed like an endless pit. It completely engulfed Alex, making his body vanish from sight.

Isabel was caught off guard, she never saw him use this ability before. She had no idea what it was or what it could do.

Her black eyes turned golden in color as she scanned the area.

There was nothing in sight. Nothing that she could use to find him, it was like he really disappeared.

On the balcony, a look of surprise appeared on the older man with gray hair. He stroked his clean-shaven chin as if he was stroking a beard.

"To think there was someone with this much talent here. Developing his skills to such a level, you'd think he was a third-year student."

He gave Alex a little praise as he continued to watch the match. The other high ranking staff members by his side glanced in his direction but said nothing.

"Shadows Abyss, an advanced technique were one enters their own shadow vanishing from the face of the earth. Typically used for high-level assassinations. I don't think she'll win this match."

One of the members made a comment. Shadows Abyss was a hard skill to track especially if you've never experienced it first hand. Alex's very proficient in this skill almost mastering it, he left very little traces of his own presence.

"Don't count her out just yet, this batch of first years are something else. I say continue watching, she might surprise you just yet."

The older man spoke up once again. He was really interested to see how Isabel would deal with this situation.

If it was him, he knew exactly what to do.

However, watching someone else deal with it was much better. It would give him a different outlook if she handled it in a separate manner than him.

Isabel closed her eyes as she enhanced her senses. A split second later Alex appeared from her shadow. Both his daggers aimed at her neck ready to take her head off.

Isabel's body rolled forward dodging Alex's attack. She turned her body as she kneeled her revolver pointed at Alex. Isabel pulled the trigger as a bullet sped towards Alex.

Alex blocked the bullet with his arm, but it exploded on contact sending him flying back.

Alex shook dust himself off as he entered his shadow once more. However, Isabel acted fast as she fired two more shots at Alex.

"Like i'm going to let you do that again."

Isabel wasn't a fool, she got lucky dodging that attack. There was no way she'd let him enter his shadow again. She wasn't sure if she could dodge another one of his attacks.

Alex clicked his tongue as he was annoyed by her. He dodged both of her attacks failing to enter his own shadow.

'No worries, I still have other ways to deal with you.' Alex was confident in himself. He honed his skills with the best, there was no way he would lose to Isabel.

Alex cut the palm of his hand as blood began to leak from the cut. The blood dripped on the ground as it created a puddle.

Isabel wasn't sure why Alex would injure himself. She wanted to find out why he'd do such a thing, but now was not the time for it. Maybe this was an act of some sort to get her to let down her guard. She wouldn't fall for it.

Alex saw how cautious Isabel was. He licked his white teeth with his tongue.

For her to be so cautious against him wasn't a bad thing, but it was the wrong move. She gave him what he needed. Time.

The pool of blood turned black in color until it was pitch black. Alex wiped his bloody hand and the wound disappeared.

He spoke some words under his breath and the pool of black blood started to change. It took a shape that looked exactly like Alex.

'Two?' Isabel questioned herself as she looked at Alex. How could he create another version of himself?

'No matter, it could be five and i'll still win.' Isabel grinned as she watched both Alex's switch places multiple times quickly. If one did not pay attention they'd be confused as to who was the real one.

Isabel had her own method to find the real Alex. It was due to this that she was so confident in her own victory.

"First Shadows Abyss, now 'Shadow Clone', this kid is trained. He didn't learn these skills from the academy."

One of the teachers spoke up. They had a right to, Alex knew two high-level techniques. One of which was debatable to be a forbidden technique.

"So? Lots of the students we receive are skilled before they even enter the academy. Can't blame their family for helping them get ahead of the competition can you?"

Another teacher was excited to see Alex's potential. He felt Alex was going to win so he supported him. Not to mention other students that have come here have learned a thing or two before entering.

No one said anything after that. Instead, they continued to watch the match below.

Both Alex's darted off. Before they approached Isabel one Alex vanished, as he sank into his shadow.

The other Alex continued to come in close range of Isabel.

Isabel didn't stay put as she started firing her revolver putting pressure on the Alex in front of her.

Explosions occurred left and right as the bullets missed their target by a small margin. The other Alex emerged from behind Isabel as he swung his dagger.

"I told you I won't let you do that again!"

Isabel shouted as she swiftly turned her body and fired at the Alex who emerged behind her. She knew this was the real Alex, so she let her bullets rain down on him.

Alex landed on the ground, blood covered his body as his clothes were torn. How? How could this happen? He had the perfect plan! The perfect techniques! So how could he lose?

He looked up at Isabel who pointed her revolver at him.

"No!"

Alex screamed as he reached into his pocket. He placed the black pill into his mouth. Suddenly his essence began to explode within himself. He felt incredible. So… so powerful!

Alex's body was like lightning as he moved his arm and slashed at Isabel. A deep cut ran down her chest as blood sprayed out.

Alex started laughing madly as he got up.

Isabel was shocked, she didn't even see what happened.

Alex started moving closer and closer to Isabel. His killing intent leaking out.

"Stop, the match is over. You're disqualified!"

The timid man from earlier appeared in front of Alex. Alex didn't even know when he came, but he didn't care. Only one thing was on his mind, Isabel's death.

"Move it!"

Alex yelled out as a powerful blast of energy burst from his body. The blast pushed the timid man away.

While Alex was powerful, he was no match for the timid man in front of him. He needed more, more power!

Alex lost himself in his own power. Darkness engulfed his body as he continued to laugh.

'No longer human.' The timid man said to himself as he shook his head.

Alex's body underwent a great change. His eyes turned deep purple, a giant horn appeared on his forehead. He became much more muscular and the essence he was producing seemed to be endless.

Two long sword-like arms, and a body made of darkness. This was not a human, there was no longer a resemblance.

"I'll put you down now before you fully turn."

The timid man said as he made a giant sword appear in his hands like magic.

This was his first time seeing a person overflow. The changes occurred so fast, there was no way he could stop it. However, before Alex… no this monster awakened fully he would kill it.

He darted at Alex and powerful flames emerged from the edge of his blade. He swung his giant sword with his full might, cleaning the monsters head off from its body.

"Filthy thing."

He felt disgusted as he swung his sword to get the blood off.

"Die!"

A murderous voice echoed out as the timid man was pierced in the stomach. He coughed up a ton of blood.

He was dead… how?

2