BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 44
144 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The light blue bus came to a stop as the driver moved their hands to open the door. The students of Demeter finally arrived at their destination, it only took them one day. The bus ride itself was slow and they had to rest for the night. The next morning they went off at the same speed as before but arrived in Columbus, Ohio in six hours.

The students filed off the bus as they grabbed their luggage. Nick brought a suitcase with him that was overhead. He went to grab it and noticed Alyson's bag tangled up with his.

Light blue in color with pink flowers embedded on it. As he moved his hands he grabbed her bag as well as his suitcase. Alyson sat in front of him next to Freya.

Nick held her bag out towards her as she was getting up from her seat. A look of surprise was on her face as she did not know what to do. Questions emerged in her head, wondering why Nick had her bag.

Whatever, she would not dwell on it. He might have seen it and grabbed it for her, just to be nice.

"Thanks."

Alyson spoke softly as she grabbed the bag from Nick's hand.

Inside Alyson was jumping with joy, this could be a moment to get closer to Nick. When she thought about it, she got nervous. The words she wanted to say did not come out.

Normally she was not the shy type, but there was something about Nick that caused her to react in such a fashion.

Nick only gave her a smile before he walked off with his suitcase. Outside of the light blue bus were students pouring inside the stadium.

It was a stadium made for this event, larger than those football stadiums. It was at least three times the size. Connected to the building on the right was an extremely large hotel. There were more than thirty floors to the building and a courtyard.

Nick knew that was where everyone was going to stay. Each room had four beds, so Nick would have three roommates.

"What, feeling nervous kid?"

A voice asked as a person stood by Nick's side.

Nick did not even need to look to his side to know who was talking to him. Only one person in the academy called him kid, and that was Darren.

Darren stood tall as he looked down at Nick with his green medium length hair. His eyes were hidden behind the sunglasses he was wearing.

"No, are you? Thought I felt you shaking next to me just a moment ago."

Nick replied as he continued to look ahead of him.

There were students from the other academies filing in as well. He watched them, slightly checking out the competition.

"Pft, you wish i'd be nervous."

Darren said but paused for a second. He saw the way Nick was looking at the students, and he could tell what Nick was thinking.

"What do you think? Anyone catch your eye?"

Nick shrugged his shoulders as he heard Darren's question. There was no one really interesting out of the students he saw so far. No one had something to make them stand out.

Seeing Nick's reaction caused Darren to laugh a bit.

"I see, but don't feel too confident. Every year there are always monsters that emerge from this tournament, and you've yet to meet one."

Darren gave Nick a little advice, hoping he'd be a bit cautious. Nick could be confident in his own ability, but if he was too confident it would hurt his growth once he experienced a loss.

The world was much larger than Demeter academy, and the students from other schools had just as much if not more experience than them.

"I think i'll be fine."

What Darren did not know was that nick already knew a monster. Someone in a league of their own. Calling her a monster would be too kind, Nick knew she was a demoness.

Darren patted Nick on the shoulder and walked off without saying anything else. He wished to stick around, but he saw something approaching quickly.

Her long turquoise hair was unmistakable and he could feel her coming from a few meters away. Darren would rather avoid having her cling to his side all day long.

Nick laughed to himself as he watched Darren's speedy getaway. A few seconds later a young lady appeared in front of Nick. She was beautiful, and her green eyes showed her innocence.

"Where'd Darren go?"

She asked in a polite tone.

Nick did not think about it as he pointed off into the distance. It was the same direction Darren fled in.

Nick did not feel 'sorry' about it, he just wanted to cause a little panic for Darren. Afterall, Darren did call him a kid when he was barely older than Nick.

The girl's eyes brightened up as she dashed off in the direction Nick pointed in.

"Who was that and how do you know her?"

Matthew questioned Nick as he walked up behind him. Next to him was Freya and Katherine, both with luggage in their hands.

Nick had a feeling that Matthew thought she was a cutie and wanted to chat her up. He could already imagine how Matthew would be rejected, which caused him to laugh.

"What? Something funny?"

Matthew asked as he was curious why Nick laughed to himself.

Nick waved his hands saying it was nothing.

"No, it's nothing just thought of something. I believe her name is Emilia if I remember correctly. She's taken though."

Matthew sighed a little once he heard she was already taken. Another loss, but he'll live.

"A pity, maybe i'll find my wife here."

"You should find yourself first before you even think of finding a wife. You're always ogling girls. If it wasn't for that face of yours, you'd be the number one creep in the school. I don't even know why you're so popular."

Freya made a comment as she shook her head. Matthew was being ridiculous, was the only thing on his mind females?

Matthew looked back at her.

"Don't be jealous, show a little leg and the guys will come crawling to you. Besides, I don't ogle them, I just appreciate the sight is all. Two different things."

"Whatever, it is not my life. Keep playing with the emotions of females, and you'll find yourself dead by one."

Freya said as she shrugged her shoulders and moved forward.

The four of them walked up to the entrance to check in with their school. The guards made sure they were who they claimed to be, while the staff checked their belongings.

Once they were signed in they could come and go as they pleased.

Nick was surprised when he saw a with long brown hair and hazel eyes seated in a wheelchair. Next two her was a blond haired woman and a white-haired old man.

Nick walked over to the three of them, with his friends following behind.

"Mom? What are you doing here?"

Nick asked with both eyes wide. He never believed she would come here to Ohio to see him compete. He knew she could not get around that well, but it must have been due to Charles and Celia that she came. With those two she was not alone anymore.

Matthew and Freya both looked at each other as they heard Nick say 'mom'. She did not look that old, so they did not think she was his mother.

The two of them looked at the young blonde woman in a blue and white dress. If that was his mother, then this was his sister? The white-haired man dressed in a suit with white gloves was his grandfather, uncle or butler.

Nick never talked about his family much, so they were only guessing here.

"We came here to support you. Did you think i'd miss this?"

Olivia said as she smiled lightly. She was happy that her son was surprised to see her, but she wished he paid more attention to Celia. Did he not notice her yet?

Charles did a slight nod with his head.

"Hello, young master Nick."

Freya tilted her head to the side, was Nick actually rich? Young master? One of those people who came from influential families? He really did not seem like the type, but it really showed you can't judge a person by how they look.

Nick finally paid attention to Charles.

"Charles, thanks for taking care of my mother."

"It's my pleasure, she talks of you often. You should really call her more."

Hearing Charles Nick could only scratch his cheek as he looked away a bit. He really should call her more often, as he knew how lonely she was before. You only have one mother in life, so you should cherish her.

As Nick's eyes passed by Charles it landed on Celia. He saw her azure blue eyes and was shocked by it. He thought she was blind, so how were her eyes opened?

"Hi, Celia."

"He is right, you should call her more often. When we talk, she always brings you up. A son that does not call his mother, what would you do to me when we marry? Call more, she only worries… so do I."

Celia told Nick. She talked to him as if she was his wife, telling him what he should do to better himself.

Freya and Matthew's ears perked up when Celia said marry. So this was the finance that Nick had. It was true he was taken. Matthew was confused, he thought Katherine was Nick's girlfriend as Nick was interested in her. So, was he wrong this entire time?

Nick felt their gazes on his back so he coughed a little before introducing them.

"Mom, these are my friends. Matthew, he's… a womanizer but a really good guy. Freya, she's playful and thoughtful. Katherine…. She's a quiet person, really doesn't like talking much."

Matthew slipped in front of Nick as he grabbed Olivia's hand and kissed it.

"Please don't mind Nick, I am not a womanizer. For someone as beautiful as yourself to have such a son, I dare not believe it. You look so young, I believed you to be his sist-."

Freya hit Matthew on the head causing him to bite his tongue. It made him stop his foolishness.

"Really sorry ma'am, this one does not know how to behave himself yet. Still needs a bit more training, next time i'll keep him on a shorter leash. And it is a pleasure to meet you."

Freya said as she pulled Matthew away from Olivia.

Olivia laughed as she watched the scene unfold.

"You two make a really cute couple, if only my son had a relationship like that."

Oliva casual said as she thought Matthew and Freya were an item.

The two of them looked at each other with disgust on their face.

"Blah! No way!"

2