BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 45
138 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Olivia tapped Nick on the arm signaling him to come closer. Nick leaned down a bit to see what she wanted.

"So, which one of them do you like?"

Olivia whispered to Nick as she covered her mouth with her hand.

There was Celia, Katherine, and Freya. If Nick was surrounded by Katherine and Freya daily there was bound to be some feelings between them. Any sort of friendship can sprout into love, it only took time.

From Olivia's standpoint, Celia did not have a chance of competing as her and Nick did not have as much time to spend together. It would be hard for her to show off her good points.

"No one, really. I'm too young for a relationship and have too much on my plate right now."

Nick responded to his mother.

He did not want a relationship now, maybe once he was older and finished his business. Any relationship would have him distracted. He'd have to give attention to his partner, take her out on dates, give her gifts, and be there for her.

Nick understood that all females wanted romance in their life, hoping to meet their soulmate. They gained experience at a young age which would help them in the future finding the perfect person for them. Some were lucky enough to find their perfect partner at a young age.

"I don't believe you! One of these lovely young ladies is bound to have you swaying in one direction. You're young, which is a perk as you'll be like me in time.

Use this youth of yours to develop relationships, you need it. A female partner can be a powerful thing, no great man was created alone.

Besides, a male does have his needs…"

Olivia said honestly.

She believed her son to be the best male in the world, she only wanted him to be happy. For him not to want a relationship while he was young was concerning. Alex played a big part in his life, Olivia feared the guilt he felt over her death still haunted Nick.

Maybe that was why he did not want to get close to another female. He was afraid he'd lose them, just like he lost her.

From the corner of her eye, Olivia glanced up at Celia and sighed.

The things Olivia knew now she really rooted for Celia to capture Nick's heart. Lauren, her sister told her everything and answered all her questions. Now that she knew, she hoped Celia would make a connection to Nick. Even if this engagement had nothing to do with her.

Nick blushed at his mother's words. A males needs… he knew what that meant.

It would not be strange for two students to do such an act, not in this day and age.

"I'm sorry, we have to go put our luggage away now. I'll see you later mom."

Nick said as he made an excuse to leave. He did not want to hear what his mother would say next. She was talking about his needs, he did not need to have 'that' conversation right now.

Matthew and Freya were engaged in conversation with Celia and Charles. Hearing Nick caused them to become confused, they had all day to put their luggage away. What was the rush?

"We still have time."

Matthew casually said as he dismissed Nick's words. Why would he leave now? He wanted to chat more with his friend's fiance and get closer to his mother. Matthew could see it now, him being the best man. First, he would need to get in good with Celia to get her to like him.

If Nick's mother found Celia, then she might be able to find him someone as well.

Freya nodded her head agreeing with Matthew. She would rather stay here and chat with Nick's family. She wanted to learn more about Nick's childhood and his fiancee.

The only one who came with Nick was Katherine. She walked next to him with a black bag slung over her shoulders.

Nick wanted to drag Matthew and Freya away as well but opted against it. He'd let those two do whatever they wanted, it was good his mother was making new friends. Even if they were younger than her.

Katherine moved her finger as she shifted her long purple hair a little.

Nick noticed her hair was a little longer than when he first met her. Did she grow a bit taller? He could not really tell as they both were the same height.

Katherine noticed his gaze and she turned to look at him with her silver eyes.

"Something wrong?"

"I just noticed your hair grew a little, that's all."

"I was thinking of cutting it shorter, it is becoming troublesome to care for. If it was not for your sensei I would have chopped it off already."

Katherine said as she touched her hair.

"Just cut it if you want, about time she returns it'll grow itself out again. Not like Vance would say anything."

Nick paused for a moment as he switched the topic.

"Speaking of Vance, how is he?"

Nick asked Katherine as she lived with him when they were let out of school. Nick did not visit him all the time, but when he did it was a short visit.

Nick hoped he would be able to go play basketball or football with Vance on the next break. Nick believed he would have the time to do that.

"Normal I guess, a bit perverted but to be expected since he is a male. Guess you learned a thing or two from him, considering you two act the same."

Nick was slightly confused by her words. What did she mean act the same? Him and Vance were different.

Katherine raised one eyebrow.

"The way you take quick looks at a woman's chest, or butt. Barely noticeable to others, but I can tell."

Nick felt the sweat go down his back as he listened to her. Did he really do that? If he thought about it hard, he did… but it just seemed natural to him. Maybe he should work on being a bit more sly in the future.

"So why did you come with me? Usually, you'd do your own thing, and for you to start up a conversation is not like you."

Nick said as Katherine was a quiet person who would not talk much. She would never be the one to start up a conversation unless she wanted to ask a question. If she did talk, it was short, nothing too long. So yes, Nick found it weird for her to talk as much as she was now.

"I'm just curious is all."

Katherine said as she twirled her finger in her long purple hair.

"About what? Delirium? I have not heard any new information about them, nor has there been any movement at the academy. For now, they seem to have vanished, so you're safe."

"Ah… no. I was more curious about the answer you dodged from your mother. Out of the girls back there, which one do you like?

Freya seems to have some feelings for you, I can tell that much from her behavior. Not sure if it is 'love' as i've never experienced it myself.

Alyson definitely likes you, you can tell just by the way she talks to you. Her body language is also showing signs that signal her emotions.

I do not know about Celia, but she is hiding something. First time meeting her, but I can see that much."

Nick did not know what to say, he dodged his mother's question but now Katherine was asking the same thing. Why was she so curious? Did his love life really matter that much to others?

Nick himself could already tell that Alyson had positive feelings for him. You'd have to be dumb not to tell, but he did not want a relationship at the moment. He figured even if he told her that, she would still hold him in a positive light.

"What about you? You talked about all the other girls, expect yourself."

"Me? You should already know i'm interested in you. You're ordinary, but Furuta-sensei sees something in you. Multiple females are attracted to you in some way, but you do nothing to make them like you. Is it just your personality that attracts them or something else? You're also more powerful than you look, i've seen that first hand. That time my mind was a bit hazy, but I do remember a little bit. So from what you've shown me so far how can I not be interested?"

Katherine explained as she hoped Nick would give her an explanation himself. What made him so special?

Nick laughed a bit, he imagined Katherine would have her interest lowered in him as time went on. It seemed like the interest only grew instead.

"Thanks, I guess, but i'm really not interested in anyone at the moment. I'm not anything special, at least compared to you."

Nick stopped his train of thought as he saw Klyde come into view. Next to Klyde was a woman with long black hair tied in the back. She was wearing a black and red striped uniform, at her waist was a rapier.

The two of them were engaged in a conversation which caught Nick's interest.

'Why is Dir. Campbell talking to Klyde?' Nick asked himself.

"Don't forget, there is a feast tonight in the ballroom. Come and mingle with others, or just come for the food. It's tonight at eight, free food and drinks!"

A man shouted interrupting Nick's thoughts.

Klyde who was standing next to Dir. Campbell felt Nick's glare. He turned his head slightly and gave Nick a small smile.

What the smile meant was left up to imagination.

2