Chapter 41
1.2k 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, as requested by the Master, I came to the guild for dinner. Oddly enough, almost everyone was there. 

Usually, by this time, many people had gone on missions, but right now, many guild members were sitting in the lobby. Although Gray was not there, but this is understandable. And there was no unhappy muzzle of Laxus either. 

When so many of my guildmates get together, either a drunkenness or a fight breaks out, but now, everything was decorous and calm. Nobody even groaned. It seems that the returned Erza has already managed to put everyone in their place. Judging by several black eyes in some people, she used not only words, but also fists.

Most of all went to Natsu, who lay unconscious in the corner of the room, while having a bunch of bumps on his head. And Happy, like a great friend, smeared Natsu bumps with some kind of cream. 

After saying hello to a few people I knew, I walked over to the counter where Kana was sitting, whom I hadn't seen in a couple of days.

- Hey, Cana. What's going on here? Why is everyone so quiet and studious? And why is Natsu lying in the cut in the corner? - I asked after greeting.

- Oh Drake, long time no see. So after all, Erza has returned, so everyone behaves well so as not to be in Natsu's place. And this fool himself ran into. Tried to challenge Erza to a fight and got his. - Cana said happily. It looks like she was very amused.

- Hmm, it looks like the rumors about Titania were true. Deftly she built all of you. Why is everyone here? - I asked, sitting down after ordering lemonade from the waitress, which was not Mira.

- Haha, yes, you are right. Few people have the courage to confront Erza. Her fist is too heavy. As for why everyone stayed, everyone wants to see you fight Erza. - Cana said with a smile. 

- Oh, does everyone know about this? 

- Yes, the Master said in the morning. Many people are interested in how strong our newcomer is. If the Master dared to put you against Erza, it means that he is sure that you will not die from the first blow. And that already means something. Besides, there are rumors that you recently killed Deliora. This is true? - Cana asked curiously. 

- Rather, I just finished it off, but it doesn't matter. So everyone wants to see a spectacular fight? - I asked. 

- Of course, this is also, but everyone also wants to earn money by betting on a fight. Needless to say, the odds are not in your favor. - Alberona said with a sly smile.

- Yes? Well, no wonder but I'm a little offended that I'm underestimated. - having built a disgruntled pug, I said.

- Haha, no, it's more like everyone has too much faith in Erza's power. Fear of her, deeply entrenched in almost all members of the Guild. - Cana said.

- Is that how? And you? Are you afraid of her? - I asked.

- Not really, but I wouldn't want to run into her when she's angry. - Cana said with a slight shudder. It looks like she already somehow got it from Erza and now she has a moral trauma.

- Hmm, I see. I take it you are the broker? - I asked. 

- You're right, I like to take bets, especially since I'm always in the black, since I get a percentage, and it doesn't matter who the winner is. Would you like to place a bet? Now the ratio is 9 to 1 against you. If you bet on yourself and win, you can get an impressive amount. - as a real trader, Cana began to lure me.

- Oh, so someone still bet on me? I was surprised. 

- Yes, there are several people, but the Master made the main bet. He seems to have confidence in you. - Cana revealed some interesting information to me.

- Is that how? Well then, let's make this more interesting. Here's a million and ... - I said, taking out the money, then leaned over to the girl's ear and whispered my bet to her. 

After listening to me, Cana looked at me with surprise, after which she smiled brightly and said: - All right, I accept your bet. If you succeed, you will get very good money. 

- Thanks, Cana. - I said with a smile.

- My pleasure. The percentage I get from your bet leaves me no choice. - the girl said with a smile. 

Smiling at her words, I was about to continue the small talk, when I heard a female voice that called me from behind.

- Hey, Drake. Did you like the books you took? 

It was Levy, backed by her two fans as always. Droy and Jet were now looking at me with such zealous eyes that if a look could incinerate, I would have been burned in the hands of hell at least 1000 times.

- Oh, Levy, hi. Yes, everything is fine, these books have helped me a lot. In fact, I had already read them, and wanted to return them to the library. - I said, turning in my chair, while ignoring the withering looks of the guys behind Levy. It's a good thing they can't shoot lasers out of their eyes like I do. 

- So fast? Have you memorized everything? - Levy asked in surprise. 

- Yes, I have a good memory. - I said with a smile. 

- Clear. Then go to the library sometime, I will prepare the following books for you. And good luck with the fight. I hope everything will be alright with you. - Levy said, a little worried. 

- Thanks, Levy. - I said helplessly. It seems like no one really believes in me. 

Levy and her minions left, and I continued to chat with Cana. Looks like Mira and the rest of the Strauss haven't been around yet. 

About 10 minutes later, Master came down from the second floor, accompanied by a beautiful, red-haired girl dressed in armor. It was Erza Scarlett, also known as Titania, Fairy Tail's strongest female mage, possibly on par with Mira, and Irene Belserion's daughter. 

And she really looked like her mother. Especially the hair and the voluptuous figure that her armor couldn't hide. 

Once on the first floor, Master and Erza approached Cana and me.

- Drake, good, you're here. Meet Erza Scarlet, the S-Rank Mage of our guild. Erza, this is Nathaniel Drake, our rookie. It is with him that you have to hold an exhibition match, so that he can show his skills for A-Rank. - said the Master, jumping up on the counter.

- Nice to meet you. - I said as I got up from my chair. 

Ezra studied me carefully, then said: G Me too. Come on, the sooner this is over, the better. 

Oh, it looks like she doesn't really want to fight and looks like she underestimates me. I think this is not surprising. Now she is young and although she has an S-rank, she still does not have much experience. 

And since I usually hold back my Magic Power so as not to stand out too much and I'm about a year younger than Erza, she doesn't think I can be stronger than her.

It seems like with Mira, Erza's rank has raised her ego a lot and she thinks she can handle everything. She still hadn't seen how dangerous the world really was. Although I think there is also some pretense, since she deliberately ignores the existence of the Tower of Heaven. 

I think in the two years that remained before the canon, there was some event that brought Erza down from heaven and she became the one I know. Or maybe she just grew up. 

Youthful maximalism, what to take from a teenager, especially with great strength, even if she has a tragic past. I also think it doesn't help that almost everyone in the guild is afraid of her and follows all her orders. 

Well, I guess I can do her a favor and show her that just because I'm younger than her doesn't mean I'm weak. Never underestimate the enemy.

- Okay, let's go. - I said, ignoring her stiff demeanor. 

- People, you heard everything. Let's go to the backyard, it's time to start the match. - shouted the Master, irritating the audience.

- Woooo…. - the people exclaimed, obviously excited by the upcoming event. 

- Be quiet!!! Behave yourself properly. - Erza, who was standing next to me, barked, after which there was a deathly silence and everyone immediately became very submissive. 

Ha, this is a rather strange sight when a bunch of adult men behave like naughty children in front of a beautiful girl. It is hard for them if they are so afraid of her.

After Erza's shout, everyone quietly lined up in an even row and left the guild one by one through the back door. Once in the backyard, the guild boats stood in a semicircle, around a makeshift platform, in the center of which we Erza stood, opposite each other, at a distance of ten meters. 

The master, who acted as the leader, jumped up on the box, which seemed to be placed for him, and in a loud voice announced: 

- Attention! Attention! This friendly match, between Erza Scarlett and rookie Nathaniel Drake, is meant to allow the latter to show off his skills and get promoted in the ranks. Give it your all, but don't overdo it, it's still not a fight to the death. If it gets dangerous, I'll intervene. Do you understand me? 

Erza and I nodded, and the crowd cheered excitedly. 

- Excellent. Then, the match will begin, in 3… 2… 1… Start! - exclaimed the Master and my promotion fight began.

-------------------------------------

If you want to read up to 20 chapters ahead go to - pa*treon.com/nanutov55

43