Chapter 54
932 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 10 minutes, the ship, following my mental commands, successfully moored and dropped anchor at the pier on Galuna Island, next to our house. 

Having checked for the last time if we had forgotten something in the cabin, Mira and I went down to the shore and went to the house. 

It was already almost ten in the morning and we were a little late. The Magnolia Harvest Festival started with the Miss Fairy Tail Contest beauty pageant, which is supposed to start at ten o'clock in the morning, and before that, we have to meet with Mira's family and the rest of the guild members.

Therefore, we quickly threw off unnecessary things, took away all the souvenirs and I opened the gates to Magnolia. Passing through the portal, we saw the main street of the city, decorated in honor of the holiday, along which hundreds of happy, and even a little drunk, citizens were scurrying about. 

Since it was almost time for the competition, Mira and I immediately went to the main square of the city, next to the Cathedral of Kardia, where everyone should have already gathered. 

Especially for such an important and undoubtedly prestigious competition with an award of 500,000 precious, a podium was set up on the square, around which a bunch of people crowded. 

As I said, we are a little late, the competition itself will begin in five minutes, but everyone has already gathered and without brute force, Mira and I will not be able to squeeze through to the guild members. 

Therefore, we decided to wait until the end of the competition and only then meet with the guild members. For my taste the square was too crowded and I did not want to crowd, so I suggested that Mira take to the air to watch the competition from there. 

Mira, knowing full well that we were unlikely to find Elfman and Lisanna in such a crowd, agreed with my proposal. After creating a solid, rectangular Light Magic construct under our feet, I lifted it into the air five meters high. 

Then, I created two chairs from the Light, on which Mira and I sat down. Voila, perfect visual places are ready. In fact, the solid energy constructs of Light Magic proved to be unexpectedly useful. 

Creating them, I feel like a Green Lantern somehow. Although rather Yellow, given the color of magic. 

Initially, I thought that I would practically not use Light Magic since I only learned it for the sake of Devil Slayer Magic, but it turned out that this was not the case. It's nice to be wrong sometimes. 

There were only a couple of minutes left before the start of the competition, which I decided to spend talking with my beloved.

- So, are you sure you don't want to participate in the competition? - I asked. 

To be honest, I thought that Mira would not mind participating, they say this is a rather funny spectacle, but yesterday Mira told me that she was not interested in this competition and she would only be a spectator.

- Yes. I don't need to do this. Usually they participate in such contests in order to attract the attention of a male and find a loved one for themselves. - Mira said, looking at the crowd below us.

- Is that how? And since you already have a loved one, you no longer need to attract attention? - I asked with a grin.

- It's like that. I don't need other men to look at me. All I want is for you to keep your eyes on me. - with a seductive smile, Mira said, then she leaned towards me for a kiss.

- Oh, you can be sure. My eyes are always fixed on you. - I said and passionately kissed my girlfriend. 

We continued kissing until Master Makarov entered the stage and announced the beginning of the competition. Makarov himself acts as the host and judge of the competition, and Macao and Wakabe made up his company, along with Yajima, who arrived in the city on such an undoubtedly important occasion. 

When Makarov was about to introduce the first contestant, in the crowd below, thanks to my enhanced eyes, I was able to spot two white hair heads. Using a telekinesis spell, I fished them out and brought them up to our platform.

- What? / Kya… - Elfman and Lisanna exclaimed, not expecting to be suddenly lifted by the air. 

When the youngers Strauss firmly stood on the platform of light, the happy Mira immediately jumped up to them, that immediately hugged her brother and sister. 

When Elfman and Lisanna finally realized what had happened and where they were, they too hugged their sister and the long-awaited happy reunion of the Strauss family began. 

I didn't interfere with them, I knew how much they missed each other, after all, this is the first time in their life that they have been apart for so long.

While the Strauss Family were enjoying their reunion, the Miss Fairy Tail beauty pageant began and Makarov began introducing the contestants. This time, Elsa, Cana, Levi, Bisca, Lucky and Evergreen, Laxus's teammate, participated. 

To be honest, everyone knows who will win, but this does not negate the fact that people like the contest itself. After introducing all the participants, Makarov sang like a nightingale praising the beauty of the girls, and at the end he added that he was sorry that Mira could not take part. 

There you go, lustful old man. It's time for him to go to the other world, and he thinks about girls and reads a lustful journalist. Too bad his wife is dead, I would love to see her punish him. 

Soon, the defile began in different outfits, and when the turn of swimsuits came, Mira suddenly got sick of communicating with her family and wanted to close my eyes so that I could not see anything. 

It was a shame that I couldn't look at girls in swimsuits, but not a big loss. I still have Mira, and I don't need anyone else. That's exactly what it is, and that's what I said to Mira. 

But seriously, girls in this world don't have much modesty and dress very loosely, so I've already seen everything. 

After three hours of fashion show, during which we talked a lot with Elfman and Lisanna and managed to tell them about our trip, it's time to announce the results. 

No one was surprised when Erza was the winner. That doesn't mean the other members weren't upset, though. Especially Evergreen, who in a fit of anger, because of the loss, destroyed the podium itself, after which all the furious went somewhere. 

The people, accustomed to the quirks of our guild, reacted quite calmly to this and began to disperse, since they still had to prepare for the Parade of Stars, which will be in the evening. 

When there were almost no ordinary people left on the square, I lowered the platform to the ground and scattered it. After that, we went to our guild members. As a result, no one noticed our visual place.

- Master, we are back. - Mira said, drawing the attention of Makarov and the others.

- Mira, Drake, how glad I am to see you. - Makarov said, walking in our direction. 

- MIRA IS FINALLY BACK. - the people exclaimed, ignoring me. Here are the bastards. Well, at least they were sincerely glad that we were here. 

We all quickly moved to the guild, where a feast began in our, with Mira, honor. Although it was just an excuse to swell, for these drunks. At least they knew their limits and didn't get too drunk, because our Guild still had a parade tonight. 

For four hours, Mira and I talked with our friends and distributed gifts, after which we told stories from our journey. Then, when everyone calmed down a little and most of the people went to finish preparing the platforms for the parade, only its main members remained in the guild. 

Still, it's useless for the main character to do menial work when there are secondary characters in the guild for this, whose names are even unknown. While Mira was gossiping with the other girls, I decided to talk to the Master.

- Have you had any news from Ur? - I asked.

- A couple of weeks ago, Gray contacted me, said that they were all right and they were still traveling in Isvana Land. By the way, I said hello to you. - the Master answered, sipping his beer as usual.

- Sure, it's good that everything is fine. - I said. 

Looks like they're still in hiding for now. I'm wondering when the Master's plan to destroy Hades will begin. From the looks of it, it should be pretty soon. 

I myself don't even think about participating in this, since it doesn't concern me much. Besides, I'm sure Ur and Ultear want to deal with this themselves. 

To be honest, I don't think they will succeed, after all, Pretch is still a dodgy bastard and he has many strong subordinates. In principle, that is why they turned to Makarov and his allies for help, so they, too, must understand that not everything is so simple. 

It remains only to wait and see what happens. Maybe they can handle Grimoire Heart. I will only be glad. The main thing is that everyone stays alive. As a last resort, Ur has my Lacrima number, so if she ask for help, I will help. 

- By the way, we have a strong newcomer. - Makarov said, distracting me from my thoughts.

- Yes? And who is it? - I asked.

- His name is Mystogan. A mysterious guy who walks around in a raincoat all the time, covering his face. Constantly uses Sleep Magic to put everyone in the guild to sleep when he comes to pick a quest. - Master said. 

- Is that how? And why does he do it? - I asked. 

- He doesn't want anyone to know his true identity. - Makarov said honestly. 

- Yes? And who is he? - I asked, although I knew the answer perfectly well. 

- I do not know. Remember, Guild rule, no questions about the past. - Makarov said lightly. 

- It doesn't make sense, but okay. - I said. 

- He's a good guy and he doesn't want the Guild to hurt. This I can say for sure, and this is the most important thing. Plus, he's strong. Senior Mage Candidate. - said the old man. 

- Well, you are the Master here, you decide. - I said. 

Since I know perfectly well that the Master is absolutely right, I have nothing to add.

- Alright, it's almost time, it's time to move out. - shouted the Master, so that everyone could hear and went to the exit from the guild. 

Everyone who was still in the guild building followed him. Outside, ten parade platforms were already waiting for us, which will be the main highlight of the Parade of the Stars. All the mages that will be performing at the parade took their places and we drove forward to the main street. 

Since my Light Magic was quite spectacular and great for the show, I also participated in the parade. My seat was on the last platform, and when it all started, I created a dozen different solid light flying monsters that swirled around the platforms, delighting the onlookers. 

The parade itself lasted only an hour and a half and it was quite fun. I especially liked the reaction of the townspeople, when they saw my beings from the Light. 

When it was all over, fireworks started and it was a really beautiful and romantic sight. Mira and I retired to the sidelines and enjoyed the fireworks, while constantly kissing. 

In the end, we finished making love and went to a party at the guild, where we spent the rest of the day having fun with friends.

37