Chapter 19: Boss!
1.1k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why was he calling her boss?

Emmy looked behind the tall boy and saw that there were various other kids, most of whom she recognized from the kidnapping incident. She looked back to the boy, Harlin, and just stared at him, looking for an explanation.

"Don't look so confused, I meant just what I said. I have acknowledged you to be my Boss, it is that simple," Harlin said, pointing to Emmy and then himself.

"Why? I know I came to help the knights but that was because Fischl was there, if she wasn't I might not have come," Emmy said harshly, trying to force Harlin to stop his nonsense.

"I figured it was something like that, so it wasn't untrue. It doesn't matter, most humans do things according to their desires and I shall not blame you for no reason. You saved my life," He pointed to the kids behind him, "Our lives, that alone is enough of a reason to be thankful."

"I get being thankful but why do you want to follow me? Is it to know the source of my strength? I'm just a vision user, there's nothing strange about it."

"I do not need to know the source of your strength, I just want to follow you it's that simple. There is a crippling lack of excitement in Mondstadt at the moment."

"So I'm just your entertainment? Hmph!"

"Yes but no. You are strong for a child our age and you will only get stronger. Danger tends to follow the strong. I think the other kids agree as well."

"Those who follow the strong become strong," A kid with brown hair said sagely and the other kids nodded along with him.

Emmy looked at the kids again, most of them had brown or black hair. There were 4 of them in total. She looked at all of their faces and they all told of their determination to follow her, she sighed in resignation.

"Do as you wish, I will not be held accountable," Emmy told them nonchalantly.

"A pleasure to meet you, boss, we are pleased to be your follows," Harlin bowed, elegantly winking.

"Boss!"

"Boss Emmy!"

"Thank you for having us!"

"To a bright future Boss!"

The other kids, following his example, bowed as well. Emmy wondered when she became the boss of various kids her age and what would become of it. She certainly didn't expect them to have any influence on the future of teyvat.

Right?

****

"You have amassed quite a legion Duke Veritas," Fischl looked at Harlin and the others, "Should I consider calling you "Boss" as well?" Fischl joked.

"Please don't princess, I tremble in fear of her highness placing on such a high platform," Emmy said, looking up as if imagining the scene and started shivering.

They were currently all within the elevator going down to the training grounds. Harlin and the other boys stood at the back of the two girls. Harlin flashed a hearty smile when Emmy looked at him.

'He seems energetic,' Emmy thought, walking ahead of the group as the elevator stopped and started opening its doors.

"Have any of you all been here for training before perhaps?" Emmy asked they started walking to the door of the 7th training ground. Harlin raised his hand and so did another boy.

"Hmm... well since you decided to follow me, I might as well know your names."

The groups stopped and they went to the side just before the door of the training grounds. The kids looked at each other, looking to which would introduce themselves first. One of them stepped forward, he was a boy with brown hair and silver eyes, a rare color.

"My name is Sebastian I am pleased to be acquainted with you boss," The boy Sebastian, said as he placed his hand on his chest.

"Hello, my name is Ansgar. Please take care of me," Ansgar said, his black hair dancing and green eyes shining, he smiled.

Emmy looked toward the last two boys. They seemed to be identical twins, but one held a happy expression and the other looked incredibly indifferent. The happy-looking one stepped forward pulling his brother along with him.

"Hi! We are the Grimwald twins. My name is Andre and this is my brother Arie. We hope to follow you and learn of your ways, boss." Andre nudged his brother and he bowed lightly.

Emmy could practically feel his enthusiasm. She nodded noting down their names, since they decided to stick around her, she might as well remember their names. If she were to forget the names of her "subordinates"...

That would be embarrassing!

"Well now that I know your names, my name is Emmy Edgar, which I'm sure most of you know. This is my friend Fischl, don't mind her speech so much, her heart is golden, okay? Ready? Then let's go inside," Emmy said rapidly jumping from sentence to sentence before she turned around and walked to the door.

Emmy opened the door and idly noted that the others were behind her and she smiled. The feeling of being a boss wasn't so bad, for now at least. Emmy breathed the familiar stale air as she looked at the underground training center.

"I don't know what you all do for workouts but I already planned one for Fischl and I trust that you boys have enough strength to follow a girl like me," Emmy said looking at them, especially Harlin.

"We shall see, I for one will be following what you appear to be doing and will increase the intensity if need be," Harlin said, drawing nods from the others.

"Fischl you'll be doing the workout I prepared for you, it's not that hard for beginners but it hurts."

"Ahahaha! No matter, would not one such as I fail to accomplish such meager feats," Fischl haughtily laughed, grabbing the training plan in Emmy's hand and looking at it for a while.

"I'll demonstrate how to do them, for all of you who might not know how."

Saying this Emmy went on to do a bunch of exercises and even went on to showcase various progressions. She stopped and got up mildly sweating but looked at the others, asking them to go on to do it.

Clap! Clap!

"Everyone clear on how to do it? Then let's get to getting stronger, Harlin! You are with me," Everyone dispersed and Harlin jogged up to Emmy.

"Hello, Boss!"

"Hmph! How do you feel about the mess you created," Emmy crossed her arms.

"Hmm... I mean no harm, I just want to prevent anything like that from happening again. To do that I need strength, I need to learn, so I came to you."

"But you are already strong. I heard that you withstood so much damage and yet could still take large blows from a grown man, why are you interested in me, a little girl?"

"I do not have strength," Harlin shook his head, "My body is strong but I do not have any power."

Emmy had a realization. While his body could withstand blows, Harlin himself... couldn't dish out any. Well at least not properly but what does he mean by not having strength, wasn't he able to shake off multiple of his kidnapper?

"Harlin, what is your definition of strength?" Emmy asked suddenly curious, his ideal of strength wasn't the normal definition.

"Strength is indomitable, uncontained, and yet so in control of all around it," Harlin said wistfully as he looked up mysteriously.

Emmy suddenly thought that sounded familiar. Indomitable and uncontained, her flames burned the house down with seemingly no opposition. Control, despite appearing uncontained the flame obeyed the little girl and so did the people behind her.

Did she... inhabit his ideal of strength? Was that his reason for following her?

"Did," Emmy said, letting the words dance on her tongue for a moment before saying, "Did I match your ideal of strength? Was that why?"

"It seems that your intelligence was not fake, yes you exhibit my ideal of strength and I am sure that you will get stronger with time."

"I will, certainly but how did you know you could come to me, what if I didn't train and was just talented? What would you do then?"

"I have confidence in my potential and the potential of the other kids here, I do not wish to waste it and so I came to you. You have harnessed yours at such a young age, why can't we?"

"Hah~ Hahaha! You are seriously a handful, okay I'll be your "Boss" but you all have to work hard, I don't accept no slackers," Emmy sighed, then started laughing as if possessed, she stared at Harlin with a glint in her eyes.

Harlin extended his hand and Emmy shook it. At this moment Emmy also acknowledged Harlins ideal of strength and swore to live up to it.

"A pleasure Boss!"

"Hmm..."

The seven kids went on to do their exercises, ignorant of what challenges they were to face in the future. Unknown to them that this very promise was one which would allow them to exceed their initial potential and go beyond the norm.

This was the beginning, the creation of what would be later known as the [Golden Generation]

===

Imagine being a legend, pain. Just expanded on the guy that was in the kidnapping and he brought some others. Where will this go? I don't know, but Genshin's main plot would barely be affected except for some characters being stronger or being off from their game counterparts.

42