CHAPTER 001(Doctor and Adventurer)
14.9k 10 314
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I recommend reading the auxiliary chapter 'World Info' before starting the story.

Discord: https://discord.gg/K7f8qGpvuk

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene

CHAPTER START---

---Japan, Tokyo, Flevance St, The Heart Clinic...

Approaching midnight the streets in this area were always bustling. In the most crime-riddled area of the capital city, with gangs and villains always roaming about in the shadows these streets were never safe.

All but one place that is, The Heart Clinic. A three-story apartment building owned by a young couple who moved here a few years ago. Transforming this building into a lifeline for the dregs of society.

The one place where villains, gang members, and anyone who simply couldn't use legitimate means could go to get anything from a few stitches to a full surgery properly done, no questions asked.

Because of this, the entirety of this particular stretch of Flevance street is considered sacred ground. Any gang or villain who causes problems in this little area suddenly has to deal with every criminal from miles around hunting them down.

Because nobody wants the only doctor that doesn't ask questions to skip town because of stray bullets flying too close to them.

The small sign on the door, a white square with a curved heart outline in black, that's the only lifeline people in this area have, and they're willing to kill to protect it.

Sitting on a clean metal chair a plain-looking Japanese woman leans back with her eyes closed as her doctor works on her.

Her top was already in the bin to be burned, soaked in blood from the two bullet holes in her left side, at the very edge of her torso barely missing anything important.

"Never thought I'd see you bleed," the doctor said. A thin caucasian -Italian- man with blonde hair and a pronounced smile. Patiently and expertly working on the woman. "Kiku the untouchable finally takes a hit," he jokes bitterly, much to her annoyance.

"Had to happen eventually," she says weakly, "that's why I married a doctor."

He chuckles quietly in response, "knew you kept me around for something. But I didn't think a judge had guards that could hit you, what happened?" he asks while passing her a glass of whisky.

"The judge didn't," she pushes away the glass and leans back into the chair. "Got a message from Re-Destro on the way back into the country, open contract on the Yaoyorozu head, couldn't pass on a paycheck like that," she says with a bitter smile.

"So the son finally got sick of the old man not playing along."

"Something had to give, and we got paid," Kiku says.

"So Yaoyorozu's guards. Makes sense, that much money, the old man could have hired anyone."

"They were better than most, still garbage."

"They hit you," he pokes.

"They weren't good," she snaps for a moment before calming down. "I was...distracted, got some news this morning, that's all," she says quietly.

"Well I hope it was worth it," he finishes stitching her up and bandaging her side. "Two more inches to the side and I would have lost you."

"Lost us, you would've lost us," she corrects the now stunned doctor.

Freezing for a moment Corazon silently pulls Kiku in for a tight hug, "we're having a baby!" the young doctor announces happily.

"Ow ow ow ow!" the woman pushes him away. In his excitement he forgot about her new wound.

"Sorry sorry," he quickly holds out a hand to her and activates his quirk. Blue light radiates from his hand and passes through her body, barely large enough to cover her wound, delivering all the information about her physical state into his mind.

"How is it?" Kiku asks.

"You'll be fine," he moves the light over to her belly and focuses extra hard for a few seconds. "And you'll be fine too," he says to his undeveloped child.

---END CHAPTER

314