CHAPTER 089(Curiosity)
3.8k 6 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene (30+ chapters ahead)

CHAPTER START---

All across the world, millions of screens shift from whatever they were looking at to one of the most important live videos of the year.

The 200 Million worldwide views immediately see a stunning woman.

Chitose Kizuki, or as her villain associates know her, Curious. The head of public relations and propaganda for the Meta Liberation Army.

The secret lover of Rikiya Yotsubashi, Re-Destro, former leader of the Meta Liberation army, but still acting as the leader to all the non-executive members. But in truth, he has now demoted to second in command under their new leadership.

She was a slender woman, only thirty years old, and already the head of the largest publishing company in Japan, a feat achieved by a combination of passion, hard work, and having powerful supporters.

The viewers saw her, with pale blue skin and light purple hair, long and flowing past her waist, nearly hiding the large golden hoop earrings behind the strands. Poised and elegant in a dark purple dress, her black eyes and blue pupils looking directly at the camera, a delightful smile on her lips.

She appears to be in a lounge of some sort, sitting on a luxurious single-seat couch, a coffee table in front of her with two tea cups and a copy of her own book.

And beside her on a larger couch is the much-anticipated guest.

Horizon, in full Hero Costume, waiting patiently for her to begin. Sitting so close to her people finally got a proper look at exactly how large he was, now almost the exact same size as Endeavor, only 1cm shorter.

Glancing between him and Chitose in all of her 155cm -5ft2- glory made him seem much more intimidating.

"Welcome, everyone, to this much anticipated exclusive interview with Japan's rising star, Horizon," she announces in a sweet voice and gestures to him.

"I'm always happy to help people get to know me Ms. Kizuki," Horizon says politely, giving the camera a small wave.

"Oh, please call me Chitose, I'm hoping we'll be friends by the end of this," she says half-jokingly.

"Wow, I thought we already were friends," Horizon feints offense, getting a chuckle from her.

"Well, then I guess we are, so, how about you introduce yourself to the people at home and we can get into what they all want to see..."

"Gladly," he looks directly at the camera. "Hi everyone, I am Horizon, Doctor, UA First Year Student, Class Representative of the now famous Class 1A, Quirk Specialist, and most recently, Provisional Hero operating within Japan, and eventually, a Pro Hero protecting Japan."

"Wow, that's quite an impressive resume, and all of this at only 16."

"Well, I wake up early," he says jokingly.

"And are you ready for the long list of questions I've prepared? I've also scoured the internet for the most popular mysteries and theories people have about you, and some of those are rather interesting."

"I can handle it, we've got an hour or two to chat anyway."

"That's exactly what I want to hear, so let's begin with the most relevant question regarding your introduction," Chitose takes out a small red notepad from beside her leg and flips it open. "So why exactly does someone as wealthy and I assume influential as you, decide to spend his time-fighting villains?

I'm sure if the leaked information about your miracle doctor business is to be believed, you can retire now and never have to work again."

"I completely understand this line of thinking," Horizon says. "What I've done truly isn't logical. Nobody with such an easy life, at least no sane person, would go looking for conflict. Go looking to join a line of work where you have people that are willing and able to hurt or kill you. It simply isn't logical.

But heroes aren't logical. They never have been and never will be, their desire to protect others overcomes logic, and that's why I do it. Lots of heroes are in it for fame or money, but I have those, I'm just here to save people.

Nobody becomes a firefighter because of how well it pays, at least not if you don't absolutely have to. You do it because you want to help people that need help, and you're willing to get hurt for them.

That's why I'm at UA. That's why I work so hard. That's why I started this path to being a Pro Hero in the first place, because someone out there needs me to save them, and I think that's enough of a reason to do anything..."

Millions of hearts at lit by the conviction in his voice, and Chitose finds herself giving this man, the most dangerous threat to their movement, a genuine smile.

But she has answers to excavate.

"You say that, but you famously criticized your classmates and millions of Pro Heroes around the world for deciding to become a hero, in your grandiose rant before you won the Sports Festival - congratulations on that by the way-, but don't you think that makes you a hypocrite?"

"Not at all, I believe it can be easily misconstrued to appear that way but those are two entirely different choices that result in the same outcome."

"What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Well, the main issue I have is that most people don't acknowledge the risk. Most of my classmates didn't even think past the fame and fortune of being a Pro, or were so caught up in their hero worship that they didn't consider the true risk of this job.

Heroes die all the time. And worse than dying, villains can attack your families, it's surprisingly easy for the average person with an internet connection to find where you live, especially if they know your face and Quirk.

Everyone ignores this because we naturally want to think that we're special. That the bad things will never happen to us. 'We won't get sick, so we don't need insurance,' that mentality.

True and absolute arrogance, in its most selfish form, it's absolutely disgusting, and I stand by everything I said during the Sports Festival..."

Chitose nods stiffly, her heart sent on a small race by the true intensity and vitriol of his words. Being a villain sitting only feet away from Horizon was stressing her seasoned journalist nerves.

"I see, and what makes you so different from them exactly?" she asks.

"Because I've already lost everything," Horizon says casually, as if it were nothing. "What are villains going to do? Kill me? Take my money? So what," he shrugs.

"You aren't worried about losing those things?" She asks in genuine amazement.

"They don't matter, the only thing that matter is who you go home to every night. Siblings, parents, kids, and I don't have any of that. I go home to an empty house, and train, every night. They can't take anything that can hurt me, because I already lost is all, now I don't really have anything left to lose. Atleast nothing that I genuinely value."

"I see..." she takes a moment to appreciate the bit of genuine sadness in this voice before continuing. "And do you ever plan to change that?"

"Hmm, what do you mean?"

"Well, the people, mostly women, are curious about what kind of women you like, and if you ever plan to start that family of your own that was mentioned at the Sports Festival. You did say that your visor was partly to protect them after all."

"Ahh, of course, the dating questions."

"Unavoidable for any celebrity I'm afraid," Chitose gives an apologetic look.

"Well, the visor and body glove are both Lifestyle Support items---"

"So they never come off?"

"I can manage a few minutes without them, but let's just say there is no Horizon without them."

"And yet you chose a line of work where they're likely to break, is that the smartest idea?"

"Well maybe I just like to live dangerously," Horizon says. "And as for me dating, I've currently got a lot on my plate, so dating anyone would be entirely selfish as I just don't have any time for that. I think everyone deserves better than that..."

"I can't help but agree with you," Chitose says. From her experience, she wishes she had more time with Rikiya, but they both lead powerful companies in Japan and barely have any free time.

Horizon nods along, knowing exactly the secret romance she couldn't mention.

"Now, with the gossip questions out of the way, let's get into the hero talk."

"Gladly, what would you like to know?"

"Well, for starters, your Quirk, is there anything you can tell us about that?"

"Sure, so my Quirk actually pulls energy from the Earth itself for me to manipulate the world around me with no limitations outside of creativity. It's an infinite power for me to use however I want."

Chitose's eyes open wide, "really?"

"No I'm just messing with you," Horizon laughs. "Half the fun of being Mystery Class is that nobody else knows how it works, that means no matter how ridiculous the things I say I can do, part of you has to believe me."

"So may I assume you won't be sharing any new information about it?"

"I've shown off my abilities and even gave a rundown at the Sports Festival. I've gotten stronger since then but nothing has changed that much, and my video from two a few nights ago when I took down Stain gives a closer look at how I fight."

"Yes, the video on your profile that has nearly one billion views, can we please talk about that."

"Well I assumed we would, what would you like to know?"

"Why did you go after Stain?"

"Well, his name explains that quite well, 'Hero Killer Stain', seems simple enough. He was actively hurting people, I decided to stop it."

"Was it perhaps also because he killed one of your classmates? Tenya Iida."

"Not at all," Horizon says. "Iida dying was a tragedy, and likely an avoidable one at that. But it did not sway my motivations and intentions at all. I simply wanted to stop Stain from killing people."

"Some people say you may have wanted revenge, that's why they think you went alone."

"No, I'm strictly business when doing hero work. The reason I went alone was purely a strategic move. And if I wanted revenge, there would be no camera. I recoded it so people can get a glimpse of how I operate and be able to hold me accountable."

"I see, but how exactly was it more strategic to not have some backup?"

"In this case, I did some research and realized that the minute the police got ahold of Stain's pattern they'd allocate more heroes from nearby areas to where they expect him to be and where he was last spotted.

This is why I was in Hosu in the first place, Burnin and I were going there to help beef up patrols. But after that incident every time they'd organize that movement he'd notice it, then head to a completely different area.

This way I worked alone so there wasn't a swarm of heroes to alert him, and thankfully it worked out. He didn't get to kill anyone in Shinjuku because I stopped him."

"And earned his twisted sense of respect, now people online are referring to you as a 'true hero', using his exact words."

Horizon shakes his head at that, "maybe those people should reconsider where they get their ideology from. I personally wouldn't take guidance from a serial killer who murders students and Pro Heroes.

Besides, it doesn't matter why people want to become a Pro Hero. I never get upset at people for their reasons. Fame and fortune are perfectly fine objectives. Once they understand the risk and can actually be valuable in the position, then they can do whatever they want."

"I see, well taking down Stain was a great start to your career. Already working independently, although you are on paper a Sidekick at the Endeavor Hero Agency, how does that work?"

"Well, Endeavor and I have an understanding. He trusts that I am as capable as I appear, and of course, he'll call me in if a big case lands on his desk, but he lets me do my own thing."

"In Minato Tokyo mostly, All Might's turf."

"Not for much longer, it'll be mine after I graduate," Horizon says.

Chitose stares at him in shock, "what do you mean?"

"Well, there won't be any competition by then..."

END CHAPTER---

135