CHAPTER 092(King Of The Hill)
3.6k 16 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene (30+ chapters ahead)

CHAPTER START---

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me..." Horizon mutters, the image of a city on fire reflected on his visor.

Flying above everything on his hoverboard he sees dozens of pale green or blue Nomus running rampant, attacking anyone they can find and already engaged with a few Pro Heroes.

He could also see a few news helicopters and drones flying about.

At the epicenter of the attack is a massive skyscraper, 200m -650ft- tall, the upper fifty stories currently tilting over as it threatens to flatten the surrounding buildings, the bottom ten floors already an inferno burning away at the supports.

ROOM

Horizon creates a ROOM 2km wide, as always with him in the middle, still hovering high above the city.

"Shambles," he swaps out Nomu by the pairs for rumble close to the epicenter of the attack.

Second by second he pulls them away from scared and panicking fleeing civilians and brings them back to the middle of the battlefield.

"Now I need to get people out of here," he draws his sword and turns his board, facing away from the hoard of Nomu that the Pro Heroes were currently trying and failing to take down.

"There, a deserted area," Horizon points the tip of his blade at a faraway building, located at a massive intersection that was already empty. "Amputate!" he casually swings out, slashing one of the ten-story buildings diagonally.

The building is immediately slashed, and the weight is enough to make it slide down to the streets below and shatter.

"That's enough rubble, now I can get these people out of here," he holds his sword to the side and focuses. "Find all the people close to the danger, then...Shambles, shambles, shambles, shambles..." dozens of times he repeats.

He's absolutely sure to narrate, because his visor was recording, and he wants everyone to know exactly how capable he is.

As he's almost finished evacuating the unfortunate people that got stuck on the battlefield Horizon feels a sudden annoyance behind him, "seriously..." he looks down and sees a flying pale blue Nomu with bird wings ascending toward him.

Looking past it he sees groups of up to ten Pro Heroes unable to even take down one Nomu at a time, thankfully more were arriving by the second.

"They can't even stall these things for me to warp the civilians out of here...Shambles," he swaps places with the Nomu in mid-air as it swings at him with massive talons.

Suddenly appearing behind it he turns in place and slashes its back, "Incision," he smoothly cleaves through the wings and bisects the Nomu, leaving it to fall to the streets below in two dead pieces.

"Ok, back to work," he shrugs off the minor annoyance, and returns his focus to warping everyone away.

Less than a minute later all the civilians are safely at the edge of the battlefield, and Horizon finally gets to turn his attention to the Nomu below.

BOOM!

The lower section of the leaning skyscraper suddenly explodes a gas line meets the flames.

Horizon now finds himself looking up as the building begins falling directly toward him.

"Yeah, of course that would happen..." he says in an annoyed voice.

Then closes his ROOM and flies toward the exact middle of the building.

Putting his sword away he extends both hands forward as if he could catch the building with them.

ROOM!

1km wide with him in the middle, his ROOM forms.

"Takt!" he makes a physical pushing motion with his hands, because he needs absolute focus on this.

Suddenly he's feeling his mind strain to stop the falling momentum of the entire building.

His room shrinks to 900 meters.

Then 800.

Then 600.

Then 300.

And at just barely 250 meters, the building stops falling, almost entirely horizontal to the floor it floats in the air.

His Quirk used to command the entire structure and everything within it to simply stop.

Currently, his hands were directly above him -as if he were physically holding it over his head,- almost touching a glass window. Looking up he and his camera sees all the furniture and items within, floating in place as if frozen in time.

Chairs and desks and even pieces of paper and computers, all floating in place instead of falling to the street below to cause more chaos in the fights.

"Ok, that's a first," he does his best not to let his exhaustion be obvious as he speaks. "How far away are you?" Horizon groans at the response he gets in his visor, his backup was minutes away at best, then turns to the city below, seeing almost every fight halted.

Heroes were staring up at him in horror and shock, amazed that he caught a skyscraper and is holding it above them.

And around them all the Nomu are staring at him, their damaged minds taking a few moments to process the new orders, an attempt to test him, sent directly from All For One.

'Kill Horizon, the one with the sword and glass mask...'

All the Nomu either begin flying, taking massive super-strength-enhanced leaps, or clawing at nearby buildings to climb them and reach Horizon. A few even begin throwing objects.

"Crap," Horizon uses his hoverboard and flies down, ready to join the battle.

Descending to the streets he faces a bat-winged thin Nomu head on, and points his sword forward.

"Injection shot!" he launches three bulled that destroy everything from the brain to the exit point in the back of the monster.

"Nope, can't do much of that," he says, feeling the strain on his energy nearly shrink his room even more. At this point, it was barely encircling the building and surrounding street.

"They want me to drop the building, let's take 'em down quick!" Horizon yells out to the other heroes as he reaches the street level, snapping them out of their daze and back to their senses.

As the fight begins Horizon hops off the hoverboard and puts his boots on the ground.

Partly because he didn't want to give the Nomu any incentive to fly about, that way all the heroes could actually affect them.

But mostly because he didn't want his hoverboard to break since at the moment he can't risk using his more energy-intensive abilities, Shambles, Amputate, and Booster Shot.

Horizon slashes through yet another Nomu before leaping backward, dodging a bodyslam from an obese grey Nomu.

"Seriously?" He rushes forward and pierces its head, before cleaving down and cutting it in two, "Incision."

He looks around to see all the random heroes struggling with these weak Nomu and gives an annoyed growl.

"Damn paper heroes..." He launches into a killing spree, slashing apart Nomu as fast as he could, growing more and more annoyed by the lack of support most of these Pro Heroes offered.

Eventually, however, Horizon began getting winded.

Slowing down, moving about the battlefield less.

Pausing more between kills.

"What the hell is taking them so long..." he mutters under his breath, seeing a few more Nomu charging at him only to get dogpiled by some nearby Pro Heroes.

"Damn it," Horizon rushes forward as they get knocked back, "if I could just drop this building I'd be fine," he kills one Nomu, splitting it down the middle with his blade, but his sword got stuck halfway through its tough body.

Its kinetic absorption Quirk ate away at the energy in his slash, leaving it somewhat stuck in the corpse.

Horizon takes a step back, dodging an extended spearlike tongue from another Nomu. Turning to look at it for a moment he reaches forward and grabs his sword, then hurls it at the new attacker, impaling its brain and killing it.

Pivoting on his heel he spins and lands a strong right fist against the skull of another Nomu, staggering it slightly as its thin and lanky frame is pushed back, Normally he'd use Booster Shot to enhance his strength and do much more damage, but that takes too much energy.

As it stumbles back a large and burly Pro Hero tackles it away from him and drags it to the floor, immediately joined by two other Pros to pin it down.

Taking a few quick steps away Horizon retrieves his sword and sprints over to them, executing the Nomu they'd been holding down.

Then he takes a step back, hearing the constant fighting all around, seeing buildings crumbling each minute, but out of his ROOM, out of his influence, he was stuck in this zone, with the remaining Nomu that were all coming after him.

His exhaustion begins showing as he takes a few breaths, leaving the Pros to stall for a moment.

One of the men approaches him, a look of fear and panic on his face.

'Pathetic,' was Horizon's only thought, someone that's expected to be a Pro Hero showing weakness this easily.

But this was the natural response on a bloody battlefield, filled with destruction and corpses from both sides.

"Do we have a plan?!" The man asks, and Horizon just sighs.

"If they take me out that building falls, then the subway below us collapses, a lot of gas lines go boom and this city starts burning...even more.

They clearly know that so just keep using me as bait, I've already evacuated most of the people from inside buildings, focus on the fight," Horizon says, "just stay close to me, and we'll win."

The man's expression shifts from fear, to one of relief, then confidence, "right...right!"

Horizon nods and walks back into the fight...

After just another two minutes of fighting, with Horizon being one of the few people present who can handle the Nomu with physical Quirks, he's already on his last leg.

To the news drones above he still appeared strong and confident, but the people present could feel it, he was slowing down, even more, they now had to stall the Nomu for much longer before he moved on to the next.

BOOM!

A nearby building outside his ROOM explodes into rubble as a handful of corpses, formerly Pro Heroes enter his room and splatter across the floor.

And a second later, Brainless, the USJ Nomu itself appears on the battlefield.

'I really don't have the energy to deal with this thing right now...and this room is too small to play cat and mouse...'

Horizon subtly gives a command to his visor which calls his hoverboard back to him.

Most of the volume of this ROOM was in mid-air, with only the very edge of it being at ground level since it was made at the middle of the building in the air, leaving that as the epicenter.

"Blind him," he orders the nearby Pro Heroes, and they obey like the sheep they are. Immediately throwing any attacks or devices they have at the USJ Nomu, causing it to freeze as its sense of sight was gone.

In these few seconds Horizon hops on his hoverboard and takes to the sky, 'all I have to do is stay in this ROOM so it doesn't close, this building falls and the chain reaction of gas lines and the collapsed subway tunnels below us will cause a lot more damage than these useless fucks dying...'

As the smoke and dust clears, the USJ Nomu is still standing there, then it immediately looks up and locks onto Horizon.

The Nomu immediately jumps, cratering the road at its feet and knocking all the nearby Pros and Nomu away by the sheer shockwave caused by the explosive burst of energy.

Seeing it coming Horizon stands confidently on his overboard, arms folded across his chest as it rockets toward him.

And almost at the very last moment...

"FLASHFIRE FIST!---" Endeavor slams into the side of the Nomu like a fiery meteor, the sheer heat from his presence causes Horizon to instinctively fly away from him as he carries it off to the side, out from under the building.

Horizon felt his skin begin to sear and pop, even beneath all the measures to deal with standard environmental heat and cold, standing beside a worked-up Burnin was a mild annoyance. But being within 15 meters of a worked-up Endeavor nearly made his blood begin boiling.

Endeavor takes Nomu just far enough away, then spins and throws him directly up into the air. All the while Nomu never once takes its eyes off Horizon, who was still standing on his hoverboard in the same pose, trying not to give the impression that his skin felt like it was in a microwave.

As Nomu begins falling back down, all the flames around Endeavor that aren't on his feet to keep him airborne gather into this right hand, and he punches directly up at the Nomu.

"---JET BURN!" A pillar of intense orange flames fires out of his fist, completely engulfing the Nomu.

Looking up Endeavor sees Nomu still falling toward him, super-regeneration fighting against the inferno, in only a few seconds it would be clawing at his face.

'This is that monster that attacked UA...built to kill All Might, a perfect counter to Power Types. Too strong for me to physically match, I can't let it get to the floor where it has leverage...but I've got the most firepower of all flame users. I am its ultimate counter...'

He grits his teeth and raises his temperature, even more, feeling his arm begin to burn and his skin starts drying out, a hint of fever begins creeping across him as his bodily functions begin to deteriorate as he starts overheating.

"They tried to kill All Might...with something this weak!" The entire attack becomes a bright blue flame for barely a second, completely incineration the Nomu, leaving only charred carbonized husk to fall to the street below.

Endeavor turns around to see Horizon hovering a few dozen meters away, then glances down at his Flaming Sidekicks already dealing with the Nomu below, arriving seconds after him since they were much closer when this attack happened.

Compared to them, he was twice as far away, he had to fly all the way from his agency after the police called him.

Hovering over to Horizon he looks up at the floating building, but puts the sense of wonder to the back of his mind and focuses. "Will you be alright to keep this thing up while we deal with them?"

"Yeah, I can do this all day...but still, make it quick..."

Endeavor immediately cuts off the flames on his feet and drops down, catching himself closer to the ground and joining the fight, which would now be over soon thanks to his involvement.

Horizon sighs in relief, "finally some backup arrives..."

END CHAPTER---

131