CHAPTER 095(Roadside Assist)
3.3k 12 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene (30+ chapters ahead)

CHAPTER START---

---6 Am...

Driving on the highway between Musutafu where UA is and Tokyo, Law is sitting comfortably in the front seat of his new Rolls Royce Suv, bought yesterday simply out of necessity.

There was hardly any traffic, at least not on his side. The morning rush was always heading into Tokyo, fortunately, he was driving the other way, toward Musutafu.

Taking a bite of his morning meal bar his head nods along to the soft music in his car, clearing his mind and trying to relax a bit after the past three weeks of none stop heroics.

In the trunk was a large black and yellow duffel bag. Within this was his case containing his Hero Costume, his box of new visors, his sword, and his hoverboard.

Suddenly Law's music cuts off as his car receives a call through his phone.

"Answer," he commands, and the call connects.

"How long until you get here?" Nezu asks through the phone.

"Maybe ten minutes, I'm almost in Musutafu already."

"Are you driving?" Nezu asks, sounding confused.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You have a hoverboard as fast as any commercial plane, just fly between cities."

"Yeah but I just bought this car and I'd like to have some fun with it, that's all."

"Ahh, sometimes I forget you're still a child, and children like toys."

Law rolls his eyes, "if that's what you want to call my cars and jets and guns, sure."

"What guns?" Nezu sounded concerned, "Law Matani doesn't have a firearms license."

"Relax, I keep em at home, I have a holographic range in my yard."

"You keep illegal firearms in your home, you do realize how serious of an offense that is, right?"

"How would anyone ever know?"

"What if they hear you using them?"

"I own everything for a kilometer around my house and there isn't any other property or even a usable beach in that mountainside..."

"What if someone hears you anyway?"

"Ok...and what cop is ever going to execute a warrant to raid the Matani Estate, I didn't donate 200 million to their pension and relief fund just because I like cops, they fuck with me and that money stops flowing.

Plus, it also lets me actually use my cars and not have to worry about speeding tickets, Matani vehicles are untouchable."

"That is such a gross misuse of the system," Nezu scoffs.

"Says the dealmaker himself..."

Nezu sighs, "ok, that's fair. So, what car did you buy this time? That bike you were looking at?"

"Rolls Royce SUV, I like nice and comfortable things."

"You bought that for personal use? I thought you only chartered the armor ones for public appearances."

"Yeah well, normally I stick with the 'family car', it was already a tight fight when I got it. But now I'm 195cm -6ft4- and 265lbs -120kg-, it's a bit uncomfortable.

Plus those things have like no trunk space, and my sword is like a whole other person. It's like having Asui laying down stiff in my trunk..."

"Odd choice of measurement, but ok, I see your point, but I can't relate since I'm tiny and adorable."

"According to you."

"Yes, according to the smartest person on the planet," Nezu says, and Law rolls his eyes.

"That still hasn't once beat me in chess."

"That's a low blow, you know that's unfair."

"Whatever, anything else?"

"I saw your big drug bust in the news, very impressive, although the video you posted showing how you dealt with the warehouse situation was very..."

"What?"

"Let's just say, some of your assassination training was showing, it didn't look very heroic."

"It was effective, there wasn't even a fight because of it."

"Yes, but part of being a hero is inspiring people."

"Ok, and I'm inspiring them to do clean and efficient work, but why are we even talking about this? Any updates on finding your spy?"

Nezu groans, "I tore through our internal systems from top to bottom, the leak wasn't digital."

"So it's a person."

"A potentially unwilling or oblivious person, for all we know they could even be having their mind read whenever they leave campus."

"Or they're a filthy traitor and need to be put down," Law growls out.

"Let's not jump to conclusions, we need to be very careful of how we deal with this. I can't even have anyone aside from All Might keeping an eye on how people are acting, if anyone knows we suspect a spy that could cause chaos or they'd simply hide their tracks better."

"Just have me and Tsukauchi Polgraph everyone, it'll just take an hour to hit the whole school."

"Oh...you're so willing to reveal that aspect of your Quirk now, you've kept that and Scan hidden so well until now."

"I just really hate traitors."

"Well, I'd prefer to find the spy without them knowing---"

"To use them as bait and take down Shigaraki, smart, but what if something happens?"

"That's why we have you here, and we've taken extra precautions to insulate the Summer Training Camp, the location isn't even within our systems. And aside from you and the Pro Heroes nobody has any technology."

"Unless they smuggled one," Law says. "Or made one, or has a Quirk that can send messages..."

"You really suspect Yaoyorozu? Even with how fond of you she clearly is?"

"I don't suspect anyone particularly, not until we have more information, but it's almost definitely a student."

"Mhm, I came to the same conclusion, but none of their records show anything to indicate a connection to villains. Everyone at UA is a prodigy in what they do, and the background checks showed no criminal history from any of them or their parents."

"That you know of," Law says. "But I've got dirt on someone, not that it proves anything here."

"Anything I should know about?"

"I don't discuss former contracts."

The line goes silent for a few seconds, and Nezu immediately puts it together.

"Oh...she did contracts for the Yaoyorozus?" Nezu asks.

"I can't confirm anything, but how'd you get that idea."

"None of your other classmates could afford her, but the only high-profile death that benefits Momo's parents was...her grandfather? Oh my god."

"Well I wouldn't know anything about that," Law lies, "But sometimes old people need a little nudge to give you your inheritance."

"From the way she speaks she has no idea," Nezu says sadly.

"Don't know what you're talking about... just focus on the spy problem, one mystery at a time."

"Of course, and what abo---"

BOOM!

Law's car literally jumps a few inches off the ground and slams back down, along with every other car on either side of the highway.

Everyone slams the breaks and grinds to a halt.

---What's going on?!" Nezu's voice was suddenly worried.

Law sighs, looking out his window to see Mt. Lady in her 20m -67ft- form, white and purple one-piece suit and mask on with one broken horn accessory remaining on her head.

She was currently fighting two Gigantified villains, each a head shorter than her, appearing to be twins of some sort, one red and one blue. Both are lanky giants at 17m -55ft-.

As they fight at the side of the road, tearing up the trees and dirt, Kamui woods swings into the fight and lands on the shoulder of his secret girlfriend -ever since the Sports Festival-, extending his hands out.

"Lacquered Chain Prison!" Both his arms extend and grow into a large network of tough branches.

"Nothing to worry about," Law tells Nezu as he watches the fight.

Looking forward he sees people actually getting out of their cars with their phones out to record the fight, 'great...and now I can't go anywhere, fucking morons.'

Law looks back at the fight just in time to see the red villain drop down into a low stance, avoiding Kamui's binding attack to kick Mt. Lady in the shin, causing her to tilt forward in pain.

His presumed brother slips to the left and lands a solid left hook to the side of her head, rattling her brain, but impressively she only stumbles off to the side, clearly dazed.

Kamui leaps off her shoulder and toward one of the villains, only to be snatched out of the air, the gigantified villain wraps both arms around him to suffocate him.

"Great forest growth!" Kamui yells out, and suddenly a slew of branches begins growing and breaking through the gaps between the giant's fingers. Connecting at the other side and locking his hands together.

But Kamui also immobilized himself since he can't detach from his wooden creations, they are his arms after all.

"Mt. Lady!" Kamui screams out, snapping her out of her daze just in time to dodge a shoulder charge from the other villain.

Stepping to the side she lowers her head and charges at him, before leaping up and slamming into his side with a devastating dropkick.

The crack of his ribs echoes for a hundred meters causing all the onlookers to wince in pain.

All while the other villain was constantly slamming his restrained hands into the forest floor, failing to break apart the wooden cuffs.

Looking up from Kamui Woods stuck to his hands and over to his brother, he sees Mt. Lady slam her shoulder into his gut after a devastating charge and pick him up, then slam him into the ground.

BOOM!

All the cars jump an inch off the road and the quakes ripple out.

Mt. Lady and the villain are suddenly in a wrestling match, trying to restrain each other, but exactly as Horizon warned Sato...wrestling doesn't work in a street fight.

The villain restrained by Kamui Woods breaks into a full sprint and leaps high into the air, aiming both his feet down at Mt. Lady's head.

"Mt. Lady!" Kamui yells out, still attached to the villain.

She looks up just in time to see both feet only twenty meters above her face as the other villain tries to hold her still.

"CURTAIN!"

A blue dome forms just in front of her face, covering her entirely and catching the full weight of the dropkick without even cracking.

Horizon had appeared on the scene, swapped for a piece of rubble in her hair, now standing atop her long blonde hair.

One hand outstretches toward the sky and projecting this large Curtain from his palm.

Seeing him the villain immediately leaps off the shield, turning around in mid-air and landing, breaking into a full sprint in the opposite direction, heading toward Mustutafu only one mile away, back where this chase began.

"Seriously?" Horizon asks nobody in particular as his Curtain drops, then simply summons his sword to his hands and slashes outward.

"Amputate!" the gigantified man's legs detach from the knees downward and his face smashes into the forest floor.

He groans in pain the quickly comes to the horrific realization that his legs were missing.

As one giant is panicking Horizon hops down to Mt. Lady's shoulder and gets closer to the other.

The man was still pinned by the woman and completely frozen in fear, now face to face with Japan's Mystery Class Monster.

"So...you gonna surrender or do I need to cut you up too?"

The man immediately shrinks down to his regular size, sheepishly nodding the entire time.

As the other giant is panicking over his severed legs Mt. Lady just gives Horizon a cute pout. "We had that under control you know, you didn't have to come in at the last moment like that to take the credit..."

"If I thought you had it handled I wouldn't have gotten involved," Horizon hops off her shoulder and summons his hoverboard under her feet, staying at level with her face.

He gives the people on the highway a polite wave as the remaining villain shrinks down and surrenders to Kamui.

"Thank you for the help Horizon," Kamui says as he approaches them and hops up onto her other shoulder, both the villains quickly restrained at regular sized by his wooden limbs. "Your assistance was greatly appreciated."

"No problem, but hey, I'm kinda late for something, so you don't mind handling the paperwork on this, right? I'll send a report later..."

"What?" Kamui asks, "but this was technically a Team-Up, we need to have a combined re---"

"Great. Thanks. See ya!" Horizon warps away, swapping for one of his cards before that too disappears.

He arrives back into his car without anybody noticing, too busy taking pictures of the Pro Heroes.

"He was a lot nicer last time we met him," Mt. Lady mutters as she shrinks back down. "Now he's sticking us with most of the paperwork..."

"We should be thankful he was here, that kick would have been very bad if it did connect," Kamui gestures to the two unconscious villains in his grasp. "Now let's hand these two over to the police, how about we get some Dango then head home?"

"That sounds great!" Her mood suddenly becomes happy at the mention of food, especially when she's not paying. "Let go!" she begins marching away.

And Kamui can't help but appreciate the little victorious strut she does, taking in her assets for a moment before catching up to her.

'We've been heroes for years and the public is only now recognizing us, but people like Horizon show up and suddenly we're nobody again' he thinks to himself, rather sadly, realizing his ambition of being in the top 5 is unlikely to happen.

Looking over to Mt. Lady happily walking beside him he can't help but admire her, even with her torn-up suit, bloody and bruised face, and all the dirt and debris in her hair.

Absolutely beautiful.

"Maybe this is enough..." he mutters absentmindedly.

She immediately turns to him, "enough what?"

"Huh...I mean, enough hero work for today," he says quickly. "So, what flavor are you trying tonight..."

END CHAPTER---

127