CHAPTER 096(Camp Gameplan)
3.2k 14 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene (30+ chapters ahead)

CHAPTER START---

Sitting in Nezu's office Horizon was reading through a few documents. Scrolling through Nezu's tablet a bit more he looks up at Nezu who was typing away at the computer before putting it down.

He was currently wearing a casual outfit, a blue t-shirt, and track pants with some black running shoes. His bag for camp and sword were on the couch opposite him as they both wait for Eraser Head.

His Hero Costume and extra visors were safely packed inside it, along with the hoverboard.

"Ok, what you guys came up with isn't bad, not optimal but not bad," Horizon says.

Nezu doesn't bother to stop his work, "well those training programs are only for the first month. The outdoor area will allow them to let loose without bothering each other, as well as get some proper survival and rescue training. If we did the latter on UA it wouldn't give the same sense of danger, they need that for proper practice."

"So there is a second part?" Horizon asks.

"The first week in August the students can spend at home, then they'll have all-day classes at UA to train Super Moves and the technical aspects of their Quirks. Not to mention all the costume upgrades we expect them to make."

"I see. So training in the woods for a month to gain muscle, and training at UA so they know how to punch better...pretty simple."

"Mhm, and what do you really think of the training programs we have them on, mister Quirk specialist."

Horizon rolls his eyes, "fine. They're mostly fine, Shoji should be trying to push the limits of what he can make and how many rather than just trying to use them better. That way his brain will adapt to process more input.

And Jiro needs to learn to control her breathing, that way she'll better understand the uses of a fast and slow heart rate, since her Quirk amplifies her heartbeat to attack, the others can figure out the rest themselves."

"I'll message Eraser with these changed," Nezu sends a quick message and then resumes his paperwork.

"Mhm."

"Do you plan to do any personal training?"

"Some, having all the space at UA is nice but I couldn't put a move I've been thinking about into practice here...if it goes bad I'd rather not be so close to a populated place. An empty forest should be perfect."

Nezu stops working and looks up with wide eyes, "Do I need to be worried?"

"Mmm, nah."

Nezu resumes his work.

A moment later Horizon stands up, "Eraser is here, guess that's my ride. I'll see you in a week."

A moment later Horizon is sitting in a simple black car, on the more modest and practical side of things, with Eraser Head.

He was in the front seat with his bag in the trunk, the entire back seat filled with boxes of supplies Eraser had packed to take back to the camp, and Horizon's sword diagonally across the back since it couldn't fit in the trunk.

Sitting in the front seat while Eraser was driving Horizon tried and failed to get comfortable with the lack of leg room in the car, being forced to just deal with it for the one-hour drive.

"Honestly I'm surprised Nezu doesn't have a set of cars for UA to use on the roads," Horizon says as they begin driving toward the deserted mountain roads, leading out of Musutafu.

"Well the point of UA is that nobody ever has to leave the campus," Eraser says.

"Yet we're having a training camp in the mountains..."

"Because it's the best way to cram a semester or two of practical hero training into a month. Some of your classmates aren't ready to go up against 2nd or 3rd year Hero Course students in the exams, so this training is for them more than anyone else."

"How has that been going?"

"Surprisingly well, they're all very motivated to train, partly because of Iida, and partly because they don't like the way you talk to them."

"Act like a bitch and I'll treat you like one, it's that simple," Horizon shrugs.

Eraser sighs, "that is exactly what I was referring to."

"Whatever, they'll get over it. Nezu mentioned you had outside help at the camp, anyone good?"

"The Wild Wild Pussycats," Eraser says in an even more annoyed tone, somehow.

"I should have guessed that. All went to UA, in the same class. Specialize in mountain rescue, and they're in the top 50 Pro Hero ranking so they aren't useless."

"Yeah, and only one of them is annoying," Eraser grumbles.

"What do you mean? I'm guessing it's Ragdoll, right?"

"Nope, she's actually fine, it's Pixie-Bob."

"The sexy blonde? Really?"

"She's always nagging me about when you're gonna show up...she's a fangirl."

"Oh, that could be fun."

Eraser glances over at him then focus back on the mountain road they were already on, "normally I don't have to tell people not to do this, but in this case, 'don't go trying to seduce a teacher', got it?"

"What a wild and insane assumption, how unexpected. I'm just curious about why she could possibly think so highly of me," he says in a playful tone, betraying his words entirely.

"Right, because you suddenly care about that. Just don't do it."

"It's not illegal, I'm already 16."

"It may not be illegal, but it's unethical," Eraser says.

"Well Heroes follow laws, not ethics," Horizon argues. "If we cared about ethics we wouldn't be arresting Vigilantes every day."

Eraser looks pissed off for a moment, then fades back to the mask of indifference. "We stop them because most of them end up dead since they're untrained."

"By choice, since it's their choice to join the fight. Because they're following their personal ethics, and so well I...within the law ofcourse."

"I can't believe you spun something so horrific and made it work for you."

Horizon chuckles and takes out his phone, "that's half of branding and maintaining a public image, which I'm pretty good at. But it does help that I've been flawless in the public eye anyway."

"Yeah, and for some reason the way you talk about certain things doesn't turn people away fro---" Eraser's eyes go wide as he sees Horizon scrolling through his phone, a common sight since the teen was usually bored during classes.

"What?" Horizon asks, seeing the reaction.

"Why do you have your phone? You were supposed to leave it at UA."

"Nezu let me keep it, it runs on the same insulated server as his personal phone, villains can't hack it."

Eraser visibly calms down at that, "really?"

"Yup, I mean he did design it and build all the software in it, it's unhackable. Besides, aside from All Might and probably Recovery Girl, I'm one of the very few people he knows isn't a spy."

"Really, how is he so sure?"

Horizon sighs, "do you honestly think I would need any help to kill All Might, I'm probably his worst possible matchup. Quirks like that just can't beat me in a deathmatch."

Eraser thinks about it for a second, then nods in agreement. "That does make sense, anyone else?"

"Let's find out," Horizon casually reaches over and puts a hand on Eraser's shoulder. "Are you in any way helping or contacting the villains?"

"No."

"Guess you're clean too..."

"What? That's it, you trust me just like that?"

"No, I trust me to see through any lie you try and tell, I'm a pretty good judge of character like that."

"You really are insane," Eraser says, dismissing it as nothing serious.

In truth exactly as Nezu said, Horizon was keeping Scan and Polygraph as hidden as possible, and moments ago he did use them on Eraser, finding the man to be completely clean.

Now he had one more person that he knew was clean, at least in the case that they weren't willingly aiding the villains.

'Now I just need to find the leak and put a few holes in them, get the answers I need to track down some big villains solo, then I'll hand what's left over to Nezu and his people...'

After a few minutes, Eraser glances over to see what Horizon was doing on his phone, noticing him scrolling through the Wild Wild Pussycats 'Yay!' page.

"What are you doing?"

"Research," Horizon says, as if it were obvious.

"What kind of research?"

"The Pixie-Bob kind...what kind of Pro doesn't have a solo page? Everything they do is as a team, it's creepy, as if they're attached at the hip."

"Some people can only be themselves in a team they trust, and working alone can be dangerous," Eraser says.

Horizon sighs, "there isn't anything useful here, guess I'll have to just wing it..."

Eraser smiles, "then I at least have nothing to worry about, you're horrible with female Pro Heroes."

"What? No I'm not, I'm great with women."

"Yet Midnight can't stand your guts for whatever reason, Mirko wants to cave your skull in because you kept calling her an idiot, and from that news clip I saw, Mt. Lady is at least annoyed at you for stealing the spotlight this morning."

"Ok, I guess that's fair. But I've just never really tried with one of them."

"If you say so, just try to keep it in your pants during school hours and especially on campus, and for the record, I think you've got enough girl problems. Most of your female classmates either just tolerate you, openly dislike you...or are Momo, and whatever the hell has been going on with Jiro.

You've got the branding thing done properly. The best way to destroy that pristine reputation and image is to get women involved. They're just drama and distractions waiting to happen. You've got bigger things to focus on, like your Pro Hero career."

"Oh yeah, is that what you tell yourself to cope?"

"Hey! I'm trying to give good advice here."

"Advice I already know, but I spend almost all my time either training or doing Pro Hero work, I like to have fun every once in a while..."

Eraser gives an annoyed groan, "the fact that you're even thinking about this is disgusting, but I trust Pixie-Bob to conduct herself like a proper hero."

"Don't know why you're acting surprised," Horizon shrugs. "Honestly sometimes I feel like you people forget that under this visor I'm only 16...fancy shiny toys and beautiful women are still on my mind, a lot."

Eraser actually looks over at Horizon for a moment then sighs, and facepalms.

"I'm so used to speaking to you and treating you like another Pro Hero or teacher that I honestly forgot...I shouldn't have even been discussing things like this with you in the first place."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not your fault I'm closer to being a pro than a student, I just hope she sees things the same way..."

Horizon nods, pleased with himself as he keep scrolling.

'Train those two losers, work on my new move, fuck a hot blonde...this is normal summer camp stuff, right?'

END CHAPTER---

125