Chapter 27- Magoi Fruit
360 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just like an irreversible and unstoppable arrow shooting rapidly across eternity, time quickly flowed by and four months have passed since Primordius had defeated and devoured the Blood Raging Ape.

 

During these four months, Primordius didn’t leave his new territory nor did he do anything major, except for hunting food on daily basis to quench his seemingly endless hunger.

 

Furthermore, despite being the newly uncrowned king of the surrounding area with only the Silver Rank strength, none of the magic beasts in the area dared to challenge his authority.

 

Forget about challenging his authority, they didn’t even dare to leave their lair until they were sure that the newly savage and barbaric king had his lunch already. They did their utmost to avoid him as though he was a plague.

 

……………………….

 

It was early in the morning and the rising sun had just broken through the gloom of the gray and muddled horizon. Dappled sunlight bled through the trees of the evergreen mountain range.

 

Birds began to sing happily as the sunlight hit their trees and puddles reflect a bright, orange glow. The air was still misty—aromatic with the remnants of last night’s downpour.

 

Meanwhile, underneath the giant ancient tree which was located on top of the desolate mountain peak in the outer area of the Evergreen Mountain range, the new king of the area was currently crouched down lazily on the ground.

 

His sharp, cunning eyes peered out from his fiendish visage, scanning his surroundings while his nose wrinkled and ears twitched, perceiving all around him with a predatory awareness.

In front of him were two strange azure fruits which exuded powerful magical energy. It looked as though they had been created after absorbing the surrounding worldly energy.

 

Having done surveying his surrounding, the fiendish pitch black beast then shifted his predatory gaze at the two fruits in front of him.

 

Without wasting any time, the beast stretched out his front right paws towards one of the fruits and poked it with one of his sharp knife-like claws.

 

With the fruit stuck in his sharp claws like glue, the fiendish beast then pulled the fruit close to his face before opening his gaping maw, revealing his razor-like fangs, and shoved it in his gaping maw.

 

Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!

 

‘It seems like my guess was right, the Magoi Fruit does not any effect me anymore.’ Thought Primordius with a regretful expression in his eyes after he was done eating the Magoi fruit.

 

Just like the Blood Raging Ape, the main reason that Primordius had been stayed in the desolate mountain peak for that long was because of the giant tree behind him, also known that the Magoi Tree.

 

The Magoi Tree was an extremely rare and powerful tree found mostly in the Evergreen mountain range or places with concentrated magic energy.

 

It was a tree that takes a hundred years just to grow, seventy years to mature, and another fifty years to bear fruits. The tree grew by absorbing the magic energy and the essence of the great earth around and below it.

 

This tree was the main reason that this once great mountain peak filled with lush vegetation and foliage became a desolate mountain peak, the essence of the great earth was constantly being absorbed by it.

 

Due to this, the fruits borne from this tree were extremely rich in magic energy. Consuming this fruit not only enhanced one magic energy and vitality but also strengthened one physique.

 

‘If it’s like that, there’s no reason for me to stay here anymore.’ He added as he was contemplating his next destination.

 

Not only the Magoi fruits had no effect him on anymore, but also the magic beasts in his territory were on the brink of extinction.

 

If he were to stay here any longer, not only his strength would stagnate, he might even die from starvation. As such, he needed to move on.

 

………………………………..

 

Presently, a few kilometers away from the desolate mountain peak, dozens of hunters armed to the teeth could be seen making their way within the dense forest, cutting through brush and thorns.

 

They were being led by a hulking, bearded, and bald-headed hunter carrying a mighty double-edge battle axe on his shoulder.

 

With a chest like a barrel and arms the diameter of tree trunks, the strength behind the bald-headed man’s considerable mass was evident even at a glance.

 

“We are already in the depths of the outer area. How much longer before we arrive?” Questioned one of the hunters while staring at the bald-headed man.

 

“We’re almost there. The Magoi tree is extremely well hidden, and I wouldn’t have found it if it weren’t for a stroke of luck.”He replied.

 

“It’s located on top of the desolate mountain peak about a dozen kilometers north. It’s been guarded by a Gold Rank Blood Raging Ape. However, we can easily take care of it with our combined strength.” He added with a hint of confidence in his voice.

 

Upon hearing the words of the bald-headed man, they all nodded their heads in agreement as they continued to follow him.

 

Their group was comprised of five Gold Rank hunters and nine peak Silver Rank hunters, forming an impressive and powerful group.

 

In addition, they were all well-seasoned and veteran hunters with countless battle experiences.

 

If they couldn’t take care of a single Gold Rank beast, then they might as well quit being hunters and buried themselves somewhere.

 

“Something is odd. This surrounding area is too quiet. We have been walking for about two hours and we haven’t encountered not even one magic beast.” Suddenly said a tall hunter carrying a long spear.

 

Hearing their compatriots’ words, the other hunters suddenly shifted their gazes at the bald-headed man. From their expressions, one could tell that they were also thinking the same thing.

 

Indeed, the forest was oddly quiet with no magic beasts in sight. Usually when entering the outer area of the evergreen mountain range, one would hear the constant roars of numerous magic beasts in the distance and even encounter a few, but so far nothing.

 

The entire forest was dreadfully quiet this morning. The soft crunch of twigs and pine needles under their feet was the only sound that filled the silent void of this once rowdy wilderness.

 

“Ohh I forgot you guys just came from the Andreas Empire. There was a powerful mysterious beast going around eating other magic beasts and hunters in the area……….”

 

“What! And you didn’t even bother to mention that to us before dragging us here.” Angrily interrupted one of the hunters.

 

“Yeah! How come you left such important information out?” Added another one.

 

“Wait! wait! I’m not done talking yet. The Hunter guild had already sent a Mythril Rank hunter to investigate the case and found nothing. The Mythril Rank hunter then concluded that the beast has long left the area and moved into the deeper part of the Evergreen Mountain range.”

 

“According to him, that mysterious beast must have been a powerful King Rank magic beast fleeing from the core area after being heavily injured from fighting another powerful King Rank beast.”

 

“It only came to the outer area to recuperate from its injuries which was why it was killing and eating those low-rank magic beasts and hunters alike to supplement itself. Now that he has recuperated from his injuries, it went back to the core area.” Explained the bald-headed man.

 

Listening to the bald-headed man’s explanation, the hunters nodded in agreement. It all made sense to them now.

 

Just like humans used magic crystals found from within the magic beasts as a shortcut to enhance their strength and mana, magic beasts can also devour powerful humans and even other magic beasts to strengthen themselves as well.

 

Furthermore, it wasn’t unheard of for powerful magic beasts to come to the outer area to recuperate after getting their ass handed to them in the core area by other powerful magic beasts.

 

Many low-level hunters have even managed to kill some of them as they were in their weakened state.

 

After the bald man has cleared out their doubt, they continued to move into the deepest part of the mountain range with haste.

 

With no magic beasts to impede them, they reached their destination in just one more hour.

At this moment, they were all standing in front of a giant mountain peak that reached into the clouds.

 

With just a glance, one could tell that this mountain was the tallest and highest mountain in the surrounding one hundred kilometers radius.

Whether it was the bald-headed man or the other hunters, they felt so tiny and inconsequential when standing at this mountain’s base.

 

Unfortunately, despite its towering size, this tall and giant mountain seemed to be quite out of place in the area as it was barren and desolate compared to the other surrounding mountains which were blessed with lush vegetation and foliage.

 

It was quite old and tattered as if someone had crushed it or had been scorched by flames. There was no vegetation whether it was around its base or hillside.

 

“We’ve arrived,” The bald man said with an exciting expression on his face. His mouth was watering with greed just as he was thinking on how he would be showering with gold coins after putting the Magoi fruits for auction.


3