Chapter 29 – Internship and Hero Work
1k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Akira POV}

Rumi looked into my eyes and said "Sigh... I couldn't force you to use your other quirks. Am I that weak?"

I was shocked for a second, but my expression soon returned to normal. Still, Rumi was able to notice the tiny change in my expression.

She then said "I live near Leviathan city. So most of the Villains cases are actually solved by me."

I replied "So?" 

I was confused that why is she telling me this. Wait don't tell me...

Rumi nodded and said "I heard a report of some dead bodies disappearing from the main hospital. I decided to investigate this case and capture the villain.

Next time when the villain came at the hospital to steal more dead bodies. I was watching his every move from a distance. I have a ["Rabbit"] quirk, so my senses are really good. The villain was able to trick CCTV Cameras, security guards and even some Pro Heroes which were patrolling near the hospital but not me.

I could have attacked him and captured him, But I didn't. Curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see the reason why the villain was stealing the corpses in the first place.

At first, I didn't understand much. Villain entered the Hospital and after few minutes he came back from the hospital empty-handed. I didn't find any corpse in the villains hand.

Then he started running away. I slowly followed the villain without making my presence known to him. The villain then stopped in a small valley and removed his mask. I was surprised to find that villain was just a 14 or 15 years old boy, and it was you.

I took your photo and immediately searched for your information from the Government Database which is available exclusively to us Heroes.

I got all the basic details like your name, address etc.

I was not able to find information related to your quirk, but I deduced that your quirk is probably some kind of ["Body Enhancement"] Quirk. Because only that can explain your high strength and speed. You activated your quirk and then ran away from there. This time I didn't follow you back.

Then next day you came again. I was surprised to see that this time you were able to disable the quirk of other person. You turned the hands of a person having crab claws back to normal.

Something was wrong here. I was sure that this couldn't be possible with your ["Body Enhancement"] Quirk.

So, I was a little confused that how exactly you managed to perform this feat. I had some doubts. Like this, you came almost every day for a weak but nothing strange happened.

Then I became busy with my Hero Job and decided to talk care of you in the future. I was not worried about you running away since I already had the information that you applied to join the U.A. High School.

Now, Imagine my surprise after seeing the clip of you using a ["Wind Control"] Quirk and sending a massive air blast to defeat the Zero Pointer Robot in the U.A. Promotional video.

All of my doubts were cleared after seeing that clip. I was able to deduce that you have more than one quirk.

Now the question was How?

I got my answer when I read the report of the people whose bodies were missing. In that list, I found that many patients quirk description were similar to your quirks. Like ["Negate"] and ["Whirlwind"] Quirk.

So It was easy for me deduce that you have an ability using which you can get quirks from people dead bodies.

The only reason why I never attacked you was because you were interesting. I am not like some innocent Heroes who think that this society is 'White'.

I have seen the corruption in the government. Not only that, but I have seen so many Heroes doing bad things secretly and even if they got caught, they were not punished for those crimes.

A Hero actually even tried to force himself on me when I was 18, and I directly cracked his nuts with my first kick. I then crushed his right hand and leg bones with my next two kicks. And finally with my fourth kick, I completely disfigured his face.

That Hero called some officers from Hero Association for help. But instead of capturing me, They first killed the Hero because he was becoming too troublesome for them recently. Hero Association is an organization who want complete control.

Hero Association became more interested in me after listening to the story. They asked me to join them because of my strength and quirk. So, I learned this pretty early in my life that this society is 'Grey'.

I joined the Hero Association simply because I wanted the permission to use my quirk without any restrictions. I loved the thrill of battles.

So, I was not working of justice or anything. That's why I never tried to capture you. Plus you never attacked any Innocent civilian. So, I was at least sure that you have no bad motives." Rumi said.

"Well... Yeah, you are right. It's no use hiding when you already learned this much about me. I can get quirks from dead corpses." I said. 

(That's why Sensing skills are very important. I didn't have "Observation Field" at that time otherwise I would have easily discovered Rumi's presence.) I thought.

"Don't worry I will not expose your secret to others. 

My reason? Simply that I don't care.

I am not like other heroes who work for money or fame. As long as you don't become a villain, I will not attack you.

Also, I don't think that I can capture you right now. You defeated me even after holding back a lot and didn't even use your other quirks.

I don't think I can teach you anything either because fighting with legs will not suit your style. So, Let's just go and patrol in the city. I will teach you how heroes actually work." Rumi said.

I nodded and followed her.

When we were traveling towards the Hero Association Headquarters, Rumi got a call. She picked up the call, and she learned that there is a villain attack in nearby supermarket. 

She told me all the necessary details about the villain, and we immediately started going towards the villain's location.

Rumi was jumping from one building to another with her ["Rabbit"] Quirk, and I was directly flying at extreme fast speed with my ["Whirlwind"] Quirk. 

The moment we reached the location, we saw the villain was capturing a girl hostage, and he was threatening the police officers who were on the patrolling duty. 

Rumi immediately launched herself towards the villain. He was not able to react to her speed at all. The kick landed on his stomach and he was sent flying towards the building. 

But I immediately appeared in front of the building and grabbed his face and then slammed him on the ground.

He was slammed with such a force that a small crater was formed under him.

Civilians started cheering for Rumi when they recognized her.

Police officers immediately picked up the villain and handcuffed him. Then they took him away, Not before saluting towards Rumi and even me.

Like this, Rumi and I continued patrolling around the city.

=======================================

Author Note - Thank you for reading my novel. 

If you Like my novel then please comment and rate my novel.

=======================================

44