Arc 1 – Now or Never: Chapter 1
1.9k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Now or Never: Chapter 1

One would think failure itself would be a bad thing, which usually is for many. However, what if one has the power to manipulate the failure of events? Like manipulating failure in events orchestrated by others to become a different type of failure. Simply changing another person's chance of succeeding in something and making them fail instead. Thereby, making the person that failed of that event either be someone else or an entirely different kind of failure, bigger, smaller, or similar.

So with that said.

Holy shit. I did not expect my cheat to be Failure Manipulation, which is pretty much allowing me to control the plot itself, to make it either the good sides win and the bad sides lose, or in reverse. I can do pretty much anything with this cheat and the only limit is my imagination.

Quite honestly, I have no idea how or why I've gained this powerful ability. Nor do I find myself that curious why I didn't meet any ROBs or so-called God, explaining how I did the greatest good deed in mankind itself aka saving someone, who would change the world itself.

All I know is that I just died choking on a fishbone, lame way to go, and find myself waking up in the middle of nowhere with the knowledge and ability to use Failure Manipulation.

I do wonder if that fishbone was magical in some way, to make this happen in exchange for choking me to death. Anyway, the first thing I did upon finding out about Failure Manipulation is to make it so anyone with bad intentions towards me has a 100% rate of failing to cause me any harm, whatsoever. As well as being unable to detect me unless I want them to.

And it's a good thing too because I could have sworn I heard some growls nearby deep in the woods.

On another note. It seems like I've come into this new world with my own body, although converted into an anime-style body appearance.

Anyway, it seems like I came in the clothes while I was at home, eating my dinner. Just a plain white shirt and gray sweatpants, and lucky for me, sandals made out of rubber. Sadly, this means I'm walking blind in this world until I find anything or anyone that I'm familiar with from the fictional worlds, or if I'm unlucky enough to be in one that I'm not familiar with to zero knowledge.

Looking around at the surrounding. Yup, I better get out of this forest first before anything else.


10 minutes later*

Okay, Failure Manipulation is too overpowered. I just made it so there is a 100% failure of trying to get myself further lost in this forest and 10 minutes in, I'm out of the forest and I can see on my right a dirt road that should lead to civilization.

Hm.

I now have 100% failure of getting robbed nor have any bad intention towards me upon meeting the first people while walking on the dirt road.

I now have 100% failure of getting sneak attacked by anyone.

I now have 100% failure of getting spied on.

That should do the trick. Now, I won't have to worry about my safety. Neither will I have to worry about being watched in the background or being attacked with my guards down. I'll think up a fighting style to recreate, but for the time being, I just need to find civilization and see what kind of world I've found myself in.

I got to say. I'm still in disbelief to find myself in an entirely different world, or maybe I'm in a parallel reality from my own? I wouldn't doubt that would be the case. However, if so, I seriously hope it is not the same as my own with a few changes but lacking some sort of things that only could be found in fictional worlds.

Seriously hope this is something my mind made up while I'm in a coma or something, where my body in the real world is trying to stay alive after choking on a fishbone, and man, I still can't get over this fishbone and wonder if this is going to be something to remind throughout the rest of my life. Which would be lame if that's the case.

Okay, walking this dirt road is causing me to think about unwanted thoughts. So better to use my cheat to make things go quicker.

There is now a 100% failure of not meeting one of the main characters of this world within the next 3 minutes of where I am right now, who would happily help me get back to town without asking too many questions on the way.

Suddenly something causes me to break out of my inner monologue, where I can hear something from behind me.

Turning around, only to see it somehow raining and I'm completely soaked. As out of nowhere, it's now pouring cats and dogs when it was clearly no rainclouds or any clouds for that matter in the sky literally a few seconds ago.

"J-Juvia is sorry." A voice that is so quiet, that I nearly couldn't hear due to the sound of the heavy rain overshadowing it. Yet, I heard her still, and the reason why is because she is literally right beside me.

Note to self: 100% failure of getting sneak attacked doesn't equal to not getting jumpscare.

I can feel my heart beating very face, but I made sure not to show any signs of being shocked or scared upon seeing Juvia.

And holy shit, I'm in Fairy Tail that has the power of friendship, that DO work in this world. Well, as long you're part of Fairy Tail Guild.

Looking at Juvia and I can say she is very beautiful in person. Also, going by how it's still raining around her. I'm willing to bet she has yet to meet Gray and join the Fairy Tail Guild.

"It's fine. Juvia, was it? I'm Renato. No harm done." I said to Juvia, "I'm very surprised how powerful you are to cause this rain to happen without any effort."

Juvia blinks her eyes at me, "Y-You're not mad at Juvia?"

"Why would I be?" I ask Juvia, "I'm not going to fault you for having the ability to conjure rain and being able to keep at it for so long without being tired." I look around, then at my wet feet. "Out of curiosity, but do you have control over your rain or not?"

Crap, that just made Juvia more depressed.

"Hey, no need to be sad. No one perfect." I said to Juvia, then think about it for a second. "If you don't have any control over the rain you've conjured. You want my help to temporarily get rid of it?"

Suddenly, Juvia is now up to my face with our noses touching each other. Too damn close!

"You can help Juvia get away from the depressing rain...?" Juvia asks me, and one could even hear the hope in her voice and hint of despair that's close to overcoming that small hope left.

"Yup." I said to Juvia, who still hasn't moved away and I can see how her eyes are dark blue up close.

"Please, Juvia will do anything!" Juvia drops her umbrella and is now hugging me.

Good lord, her coat isn't enough to stop me from feeling her breasts and her telling me she would do anything has caused some dirty thoughts to appear in no time.

"Okay, just close your eyes and count to 5." I said to Juvia, who does so and continue to hug me.

Quickly, I use my cheat that Juvia will have a 100% failure of conjuring her rain normally whenever she is near me.

Upon hearing Juvia counting to 5. The effects of my cheat work their magic. As the rain stop and even the clouds disappear rapidly until the blue sky is revealed again.

"There you go." I said to Juvia, then wince as she is now hugging me stronger now.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Juvia begins to thank me while sobbing at the same time.

I awkwardly pat her on the back, which just made her cry even harder. Make one think I was treating Juvia wrongly that made her cry her heart out if they didn't know the inside story that Juvia is actually crying out of joy.


A few minutes later*

"Feeling better now?" I ask Juvia. Wondering how long she keeps hugging me, not that I don't mind. But, our clothes are still wet and it feeling a bit uncomfortable right now. Plus, having the wind blow against us is making me very cold too.

"Juvia is grateful for Renato-sama." Juvia smiles at me, now with eyes filled with happiness, then glances down with her cheeks gain a pink hue. "And yes, Juvia is feeling better now. Thank you for asking."

"That's great to hear." I said to Juvia. Waiting for Juvia to release me.

Still waiting.

Waiting...

Seriously, is she planning to keep hugging in the middle of nowhere?

"So, Juvia. What a cute girl like you walking around here by yourself?" I ask Juvia, then suppress the shock of seeing Juvia's face turning completely red.

Oh, right. I'm in a fictional world, so this is... normal, I guess? Keep forgetting, I'm not watching Juvia from the other screen but here with her in person.

I must say, I'm going to have to change my common senses later because there will be many things that I would find shocking due to not seeing it happening back in my previous world.

"Juvia just traveling by herself before finding a Magic Guild to join." Juvia replied.

Well, that answers my question if she is a member of the Phantom Lord Guild or not. So, I'm further behind in canon than I thought. Or what left of it, since I pretty much just stole Gray's spotlight in Juvia's heart. I think.

"I see." I debate on joining Fairy Tail Guild or not because for one thing, it's plain crazy in that guild and I have to deal with many troublesome members of that guild too.

"Do Renato-sama have a guild?" Juvia looks at me again with hopeful eyes, eager to join the guild I'm in.

"I'm seeking out one as well." I said to Juvia, who didn't seem that disappointed.

"Then, can Juvia travel with Renato-sama until we find our guild to join?" Juvia is hugging me tighter again. Ow.

"Sure. I would be a fool to not have a beautiful girl like you as my companion." I suppress a wince, feeling like my ribs are cracked. I seriously wonder if all Mages have super strength due to having Magical Energy coursing through their bodies and strengthening them.

"Ju-Ju-Juvia isn't beautiful...!" Juvia said shyly. And yet, her body action said the opposite of her tone of voice.

"I beg to differ." This made Juvia blush even harder.

I knew that out of all the women in the Fairy Tail world, where most of them have sexy bodies that many women in my previous world would die for. However, out of all the females in Fairy Tail. I would say Juvia is among the top ones with great personality-wise and have the strength to protect herself instead of needing others to come to her rescue.

"Anyway, let's head to the next town." I said to Juvia, who nods and finally release me from her death hug. Something I think I'll have to experience multiple times from this point on since I did decide to make a bond with her, even though I could have easily avoided it by not helping her out with the rain problem. Nevertheless, I don't regret my decision.

40