Arc 1 – Now or Never: Chapter 18
464 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Now or Never: Chapter 18

A week later*

Another week passed, and living with both Juvia and Erza is nice. Unexpected, but nice. In addition, there the threesome is another nice thing. Yup, having sex with both Juvia and Erza as the same is amazing. Living a great life right now.

However, I've become extremely cautious and paranoid whenever I leave the house. Ever since Erza told me she wasn't a Fairy Tail's Mage and after joining Cait Shelter. I've recently started to notice something weirder as the day pass. For one thing, Machio should have come over to bug me for more Binding Cards or something, but I haven't seen him ever since taking the job with the ghost.

He seems to just disappear and no one in the guild knows where he went.

So for some time now. I've been debating on using my cheat to make it so nothing wrong would happen. Of course, that was before today I received a postcard from Machio had to leave to attend the monthly lifting tournament.

No idea why he would send me a postcard when he could have left a note with the guild or whatever. Then again, I guess he was too much in a rush to tell anyone. No doubt Machio just remember about it at the last second.

Anyway, because of this whole annoying paranoid of mine. I had many times pushed the jobs Juvia and Erza wanted us to do after a period of rest down. But, neither girls complain after I took care of them every night. Still doesn't change the fact that we're about to run low on cash.

"Hey, Renato. Do you mind sparring with me?" Erza asks me out of the blue, where we're in Juvia's backyard. Big enough for all of us to either relax or use for practice/training magic.

"Sure." I said to Erza, as I place down the new book Juvia got me, once again, and this one is about the general summary of other magics revealed in the Rose Garden. As in, there is more information for me to use to create through Magic Card. "Pure magic alone or a mix with physical combat?"

"Mix is fine." Erza's body glow in bright white light for a few seconds, then reveal her outfit change through Requip Magic. Now, Erza's outfit is primarily red with some gold, black and white. The outfit consists of a white sarashi round the upper chest and a red hakama with a gold flame-like pattern at the bottom with black highlights, tied by white strings, and no shoes to cover her feet. Erza's hair is tied up in a high tail at the back by a green headband.

I raise an eyebrow at Erza's current appearance. As this should be the Clear Heart Clothing and if I remember correctly. Erza has described this outfit as just normal clothes without any special properties. As her armors represented the walls around her heart, donning these clothes represents Erza opening her heart and breaking down the walls she'd built up to protect herself. While in this outfit, she discards defense, instead of focusing primarily on offense.

Although, this might not be the case. For all I know, the Clear Heart Clothing could be different and actually have special properties. Like making it so Erza could focus even further than normal or making it so her heart couldn't be influenced by outside sources. Hell, it could be anything really.

"I'm ready when you are, Renato." Erza spoke up, breaking my trance of thoughts and seeing her wielding a pair of double-edged, golden-hilted katanas.

"Alright." I already decided to test out my fighting style of Teleportation Magic against Erza.

With a single thought, to eject Magic Power out of my body to form a double-edged red sword before me. Floating in midair for a few seconds until I grab the hilt.

Upon seeing this, Erza tensed up. Not that I can blame her for seeing me literally creating a sword out of nothing but Magic Power. It would have been very draining but with my cheat. Such a thing is nonexistence. Also, I can tell she hasn't noticed the space field I've spread throughout the entire backyard.

Erza opens her mouth to say something, only to receive an unexpected sword wound that appears directly on her stomach out of nowhere.

I can see the shock in her eyes as she drops her swords, then onto her knee, grabbing her bleeding stomach.

Not wanting Erza to bleed out to death. I reach into my left pocket to grab a specific Magic Card in mind and throw it straight toward her.

The Magic Card itself burst into a bright yellow light and covers Erza, where her wound is visibly taken apart before rebuilding back to its previous non-wound state.

As always, Magic Card and Failure Manipulation is pure bullshit.

"What was that?" Erza asks me while gasping in pain.

"I just teleport my attack." I replied, then give a brief summary of what I've done.

Basically, I've recreated the Arie Swordsmanship from the series: Tower of God, but replaced the element of Shinsu with Magic Power. As well as being able to create my own swords to wield with this deadly sword style. Mainly because the Arie Swordsmanship has bare minimum information yet enough for me to create my own version in a way.

Arie Swordsmanship has no blind spots and there are no good techniques to counteract this style. The sword attack can somewhat disappear and then reappear within seconds, this is because the sword attacks are teleporting across dimensional space in the Tower. The sword attack will suddenly appear from behind the target's body, or even sometimes from all directions. Because of its random behavior, Arie Swordsmanship is very unpredictable. The only way to definitively overcome a user of Arie Swordsmanship is to either overpower them with sheer force, attack them before they are ready to attack, or be better at Arie Swordsmanship than them.

Therefore, it isn't a shocking feat to cause such injury to Erza and I even held back too. Otherwise, Erza would have been split in half instead of just having a sword wound that isn't too fatal. Although, I should've held back even more. Since if it wasn't for the Magic Card to heal Erza, then I'd have to go out to find someone who could and that wouldn't be hard due to my cheat.

As for the Magic Card that was used to heal Erza. It's my best and strongest somewhat Healing Card. The Reconfiguration Card is the power to take apart/rebuild anything without defects. In other words, I just had to rebuild Erza's stomach back to its previous state before it was injured.

"I thought you only use Bullet Magic and Magic Card." Erza said in disbelief after hearing my explanation.

"Nope, I use four magic and a sword style to go together with Teleportation Magic." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"This... Arie Swordsmanship is too powerful and should be well known throughout the world. How come no one knows about this Magic Sword Style?" Erza look at me in the hope she could maybe learn it, too bad I have to break that seed of hope.

"Because I made it." I answered, even though technically it's a half-truth and half-lie. I did make it, but its origin isn't mine. "Recently just finished creating it too. I haven't field-tested it in live combat yet though."

"And you've decided to use it on me?" Erza looks at me like I'm a crazy person.

"I made sure to hold back and this is to show that I'm trusting you, to keep this a secret. I rather not have other people find out about this." I said to Erza, who look back at me with a smile. "Besides, I kind of didn't want to use Bullet Magic when I know for sure you could easily block them and get into the strike zone after a few seconds to decrease the distance between us."

"It doesn't change the fact that this Arie Swordsmanship is too powerful. I can't think of any way to defend it." Erza frown in the end. As she got back onto her feet and put her katanas back into her pocket dimension. As well as changing her outfit back to the armor she usually wears. "If... If you don't mind, could you teach me it?" She looks at me with eyes filled with hope still.

Again, too bad I have to break it.

"Sadly, I can't because I still have no idea what's the side effects of using this type of magic, nor do I know how deadly it is to the caster. For all I know, using this Magic Sword Style could be draining my lifespan if I perform a powerful sword technique." I said to Erza while thinking about said sword techniques and nearly decided to use the ones created by White. A character from Tower of God as well, but his sword style is based on Arie Swordsmanship and revealed enough to show how powerful it is. But, decided not to other than being able to create a sword made out of Magic Power.

Speaking of which, I dismiss the sword. As there's no point in having it out now.

"I see." Erza look sad now, which made me want to go over to hug her in comfort and at the same time, make me want to tease her.

"By the way, I think I'll take another job with you and Juvia later, maybe tomorrow." I walk over to Erza to give her a pat on the head, causing her to close her eyes. "Also, I may not be able to teach you the Arie Swordsmanship. But I should give you plenty of combat experience in facing anyone that fights like me with my Magic Sword Style."

"I'll take that." Erza pull me into a hug, sadly this also includes her forgetting she wearing armor as she wanted to push my head into her breasts. Only to bang it against the steel of her chest plate.

Ow.


30 minutes later*

"Why? Just why?" I ask Juvia, where she came back from grocery shopping and she bought a huge boar that had already been roasted.

"It was on sale!" Juvia said cheerfully, not noticing how the damn thing is large enough to feed a family of ten for a few weeks. "And the nice people even helped wrap the entire thing too."

"I can see that." I glance at the wrappers already torn off by Juvia, which she did the first after placing the huge roasted boar onto the table that barely holding it up. "But do we need to eat all that?"

"Of course not silly!" Juvia giggled, "After all, we're going to bring this to the guild to share with everyone too."

"Right, silly me." My smile became even more forced and fake, but neither Juvia nor Erza could tell. "However, wouldn't it have been better to bring it to the guild first before tearing off the wrappers?"

That made Juvia pause, glance at the steaming roasted huge boar that's still warm, then back at me.

"You got too excited, didn't you?" Erza has her arm crossed, smirking at Juvia's mistake.

"Shut up!" Juvia shouts at Erza, with her face redden in embarrassment.

Ignoring both Juvia and Erza starting to argue once more. While I continue to stare at the huge roasted boar that Juvia plans to share with the guild. A guild that only has two living people, not including Juvia, Erza, Machio, and me. While everyone else is just an illusion created by the guild master.

I wonder if a spirit can eat physical food or not.

17